NFL offenses will continue to decline.

NeptunePenguins

7 hours ago, scar988 said:

I tend to agree. I think we went through an age where 10-11 of the best pure passers of all time were in the league together. Between Payton Manning, Bret Favre, Drew Brees, the 2004 trio of Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers, guys like Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford and Aaron Rodgers. Just so much talent at the position all at once. It's arguably the best QBs of all time right there in one sentence sans, like Dan Marino and Joe Montana. 

not going to lie in the first half of this post I was nodding like yeah we had Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Boomer Esiason, Drew Bledsoe and whatnot when I was a kid then realized you were doing like Big Ben and Matt Ryan lol.

Tom Brady.

Josh Allen and Mahomes just don't quite look themselves this year otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this either. They both appeared to be on a higher trajectory than any QB in history until reality came crashing back down. I honestly can't even tell how well Mahomes is playing this year considering how bad his receivers are. Take away a bunch of the drops and what would he look like? Let's see.

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl/nfl-teams-with-most-dropped-passes-this-season-bm10/

That can't be right. The Chiefs "only" have 18 drops? The Lions are tied for the most drops in the NFL with 18?

This thread is now about how underrated Jared Goff is. @jrry32

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Tom Brady.

Josh Allen and Mahomes just don't quite look themselves this year otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this either. They both appeared to be on a higher trajectory than any QB in history until reality came crashing back down. I honestly can't even tell how well Mahomes is playing this year considering how bad his receivers are. Take away a bunch of the drops and what would he look like? Let's see.

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl/nfl-teams-with-most-dropped-passes-this-season-bm10/

That can't be right. The Chiefs "only" have 18 drops? The Lions are tied for the most drops in the NFL with 18?

This thread is now about how underrated Jared Goff is. @jrry32

What is this thread you've brought me into? 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trojan said:

not going to lie in the first half of this post I was nodding like yeah we had Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Boomer Esiason, Drew Bledsoe and whatnot when I was a kid then realized you were doing like Big Ben and Matt Ryan lol.

Looking up the passing stats all time. The guys I listed were all in the top 12 for yards and TDs all time. Offensive production during the golden age of QBs. 

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Looking up the passing stats all time. The guys I listed were all in the top 12 for yards and TDs all time. Offensive production during the golden age of QBs. 

yeah so were the guys I listed lol
When Mahomes and his generation and a bit of the next retire no one's going to think much of Matt Ryan he's Boomer Esiason the younger.

On 11/18/2023 at 4:39 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

People born after 1996 know less about computers than people born before 1965. 

My dad was born sometime in the 50s and I was born in after 1996. He needs MY help just to put in a resume and download basic stuff. 

Yet here is the thing, THAT is better than the average person my age or younger. So NFL players these days and younger are gonna be really really dumb now. As the most ELITE generation in terms of intelligence is gone, guys like Mahomes/Burrow/Allen and anyone older will be the last of the elite QBs ever. 

You guys can't even beat someone that doesn't know how to send a resume online, and that constantly falls for scams that steals his bank information? How will younger players understand the offense? It will be easy to whip the crap out of the dumbest generation since the silent generation in the NFL. I reckon we will see the return of OLD school kick *** football of the 1970s, just with easier rules, making it the most boring game ever! 

Your youth and immaturity about football is showing.  For those of us who weren't born yesterday old school football was not boring in the least.  I have no idea why you are talking about computers here.

The reason offensive football today might be declining is how players are taught the game starting in Pop Warner.  Players today are bigger, stronger and faster so they should be better than their forefathers but poor fundamentals is the reason why most offenses are struggling today.  Defenses are too.  Blocking and tackling is horrendous.

• Like 2