LA Rams: Gameday Thread

MDY10

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill keep saying it, last season the Rams started 3-6. Judging by how you are acting now, Im sure you was one of them saying the season is over. Then when the Rams went 7-1 down the stretch to make the playoffs Im sure alot of tunes changed. Well I was on the Rams at 3-6 still turning the things around bc I said the schedule will ease up and the Rams will get healthy and they will make a run. The only thing you can say is maybe it could be a little too late. But right now its Week 2 not Week 10. If you believe in McVay and Stafford then you should believe the Rams will be fine. Unless the injuries continue to pile up and overwhelm the Rams like what happened in 2022. We shall see about that. 

The Rams didn't face anyone good down the stretch last season 

4 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

They're definitely gonna lose to San Francisco next week, 0-3.

The Bears have too good a defense for this pathetic offense. 0-4

The Packers will run it down our throats even without Jordan Love. 0-5

The Raiders beat the Ravens so they'll certainly beat us. 0-6.

Sam Darnold appears to be having a career salvaging and Minnesota's defense is too good. 0-7

McVay's days of owning the Cardinals are over so the same can be said of the Seahawks. 0-8

Miami has too many weapons and our defense sucks. 0-9

New England has a good defense and it will be a cold weather game. 0-10

The Eagles will give us the prison shower treatment. 0-11

The Saints have a great offense and our defense sucks. 0-12

The Bills will kick our ***. 0-13

The Jets offense will look competent against our defense. All our division rivals will own us now.

I feel very confident in saying the Rams will have a winless season.

By your logic the Ravens will have a winless season too. They didnt look great against the Chiefs and by some miracle came within an inch of possibly tying it up fell short. Then they lost to the horrible Raiders today at home. So they will go winless too right? I mean just going by your logic. 

And the Bengals wont be any good either. They had a bad loss to the Patriots then turned around at lost to the Chiefs. The only reason they wont go winless is bc they play the Ravens twice so someone has to win that game. So again going by your logic. 

All Im saying is you cant say the sky is falling in Week 2 especially with a team that has great coaching, a great QB, and has shown in recent history they can start off slowly and still turn things around and be right there in the end. The Rams might not make the playoffs due to this slow start but I have no doubt they wont be right in the playoff mix come the end of the season. If they miss out its going to be by 1 or 2 games or a tiebreaker and then you can point to that Week 1 OT loss to the Lions or this horrible loss as to if the Rams just won one of these games maybe they get in. But again the sky isnt falling there is no need to say the Rams season is lost after two games.

5 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The Rams didn't face anyone good down the stretch last season 

And you think they will be facing good teams down the stretch this season? Caleb a rookie, Darnold isnt scaring nobody, the Raiders QB ???, Geno isnt scaring nobody, ARod isnt that bad man anymore, the Packers could be without Love so that means Willis and he doesnt scare nobody, the Pats QB isnt scaring nobody, Purdy without CMC showed he isnt the same. The only QBs on the schedule that scare the Rams is Allen, Hurts, and then later on Murray and really Murray has a history of falling off as the season advances bc he gets banged up and his play suffers if not he flat out misses games due to injury later. So he might not even be playing Week 17 against the Rams. So yeah the rest of season the Rams only truly have to worry about Allen and Hurts and if Murray magically can stay healthy come Week 17 then him. Outside of those three QBs the other QBs arent putting fear in the Rams imo. Now Im not saying Geno, Caleb, and Purdy cant have success but it wont be like we saw Murray have today. Murray was sensational and again outside of Allen and Hurts Im willing to bet no other QB will have a better game the rest of season against the Rams than what Murray had today.

Its going to come more to the Rams offense. The Rams defense will look more like they did in Week 2 rest of season outside of Allen and Hurts and Purdy with CMC than they look like today. I just think its classic overreaction. 

We’ll see how I feel in a couple days but I’m not so sure these are overreactions. Other than going 0-17 at least lol

The rams offense struggling is one thing. The injuries they’ve had are absurd. That said, Kupp was healthy to start the game and we had some lineman back. They still got embarrassed in the first half. I expect the offense to bounce back. 

The Rams defense being what it is is frustrating. THIS defense has not proved anything at all and there is good reason to feel like they’re going to be horrible this year. Who cares who we play down the stretch… it’s ridiculous to look forward to playing bad teams for some wins and better defensive play. Whats the point of getting excited when they play the bears if we are just going to get crushed by whoever we play after? Whenever they play a competent offense they are going to get smoked and it’s not an overreaction at all until they prove otherwise. When it comes down to making a stop when truly needed, there is no way anyone here can honestly say they feel good about it. We need to stop comparing this season to other seasons. This is a different team. By a lot.. 

Who knows… maybe they figure it out. I’m not saying there’s no chance they turn it around. It wouldn’t be the first time they somehow got a young team to the playoffs. However, I get that we aren’t going to be amazing every year or win a SB every year but we should be much better than what we’ve seen so far. Especially this long after a “rebuild” that they refuse to call a rebuild lol They had opportunities to get much better this off season and chose to trade away arguably our best defensive player for nothing, sign Tre White who I was very excited about but has a very worrisome injury history, and rely on late rounders or undrafted players to fill holes. The only decent signing in Dwill is hurt, which isn’t their fault, obviously. I pray they will get it together but sheesh… To get blown out by the cards is rough. Kyler is not THAT guy and we made him look like the most elite player to ever grace the field of any sport. 

On the plus side, Verse looks very good. I hope at some point we can see him in a situation where he can pin his ears back and get after someone. Imo he’s the best player on defense at the moment. Absolute stud. 

End of rant final thought - I will watch every game and support this team. I live in NJ and just bought tickets last week to the Packers game in LA. For being as excited as I was for this season (and many of you), it’s pretty upsetting to see what we just saw. Call it an overreaction all you want, but there’s reason for real concern right now. There should be until they prove otherwise. This division is too good to be starting off 0-2 and looking down the barrel of 0-3. 

Our margins were always thin when it comes to our top guys, meaning Kupp and Stafford are injury prone and any time they miss will have a massive impact.

Well....Stafford isn't lasting the season behind this O-line. Kupp has a high ankle sprain. Puka is out. The O-line will likely see a 3rd combination in Week 3 with Alaric Jackson back. It's just not a recipe for success.

Oh and our defense is young, inexperienced, and can't stop the run. Also our secondary lacks any type of elite talent.

This isn't a sky is falling post. This is a reality check for how the team was built. Success was always possible, but the margin for error is too big for how the roster is constructed. Will always trust McVay and Snead, just hate seeing wasting whats left of Stafford. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MDY10 said:

We’ll see how I feel in a couple days but I’m not so sure these are overreactions. Other than going 0-17 at least lol

The rams offense struggling is one thing. The injuries they’ve had are absurd. That said, Kupp was healthy to start the game and we had some lineman back. They still got embarrassed in the first half. I expect the offense to bounce back. 

The Rams defense being what it is is frustrating. THIS defense has not proved anything at all and there is good reason to feel like they’re going to be horrible this year. Who cares who we play down the stretch… it’s ridiculous to look forward to playing bad teams for some wins and better defensive play. Whats the point of getting excited when they play the bears if we are just going to get crushed by whoever we play after? Whenever they play a competent offense they are going to get smoked and it’s not an overreaction at all until they prove otherwise. When it comes down to making a stop when truly needed, there is no way anyone here can honestly say they feel good about it. We need to stop comparing this season to other seasons. This is a different team. By a lot.. 

Who knows… maybe they figure it out. I’m not saying there’s no chance they turn it around. It wouldn’t be the first time they somehow got a young team to the playoffs. However, I get that we aren’t going to be amazing every year or win a SB every year but we should be much better than what we’ve seen so far. Especially this long after a “rebuild” that they refuse to call a rebuild lol They had opportunities to get much better this off season and chose to trade away arguably our best defensive player for nothing, sign Tre White who I was very excited about but has a very worrisome injury history, and rely on late rounders or undrafted players to fill holes. The only decent signing in Dwill is hurt, which isn’t their fault, obviously. I pray they will get it together but sheesh… To get blown out by the cards is rough. Kyler is not THAT guy and we made him look like the most elite player to ever grace the field of any sport. 

On the plus side, Verse looks very good. I hope at some point we can see him in a situation where he can pin his ears back and get after someone. Imo he’s the best player on defense at the moment. Absolute stud. 

End of rant final thought - I will watch every game and support this team. I live in NJ and just bought tickets last week to the Packers game in LA. For being as excited as I was for this season (and many of you), it’s pretty upsetting to see what we just saw. Call it an overreaction all you want, but there’s reason for real concern right now. There should be until they prove otherwise. This division is too good to be starting off 0-2 and looking down the barrel of 0-3. 

The defense is super young even younger than last season without Donald and a new coordinator. It was always going to have its struggles to start the season off. Just like last season but as the season goes along I expect it to get better. The offense was supposed to carry the defense in the meanwhile but injuries have played a big part in it. Not having most of your OL and then losing Puka and now Kupp really hurts. I will say though that just like last season 3-6 the record looks bad but the schedule doesnt. Outside of Allen and Hurts the Rams dont play a QB who legit can do the things Murray did to the Rams. And yes the Rams play the Cards Week 17 but again Murray has a history of breaking down as the season goes along and thus his play regress if he even is healthy enough to play. So I think the Rams will be in a better spot in Week 17 when we play the Cards again. 

So yeah I think the Cards just played a perfect game. Nobody saw the Saints offense dominating the Cowboys. But the Saints offense played a perfect game that even having Parsons, Lawrence, and Diggs couldnt stop them. Its like basketball, if a player is making all his shots, it dont matter who is out there trying to defend him. Everything was working for the Cards. Yes some of that was Rams bad defense but when you have Murray dead to rights and he find a way to escape there is nothing you can do. Purdy, Geno, Darnold, Minshew, Willis, Thompson, ARod, Brissett arent doing that to the Rams. MAYBE Caleb could do some of that but the Bears offense dont look like world beaters. Allen and Hurts can do that to the Rams. So yeah I think better days will be for the Rams moving forward just bc they arent playing a dynamic QB like they did with Murray who alot of that was just him being magical when the Rams had him sacked. Those other QBs will be on the ground and the team ready to punt. 

As for health, its just bad luck. Injuries happen and its not just to the Rams alot of teams are suffering tons of injuries and key injuries. Niners dont have CMC, the Bengals dont have Higgins, the Seahawks dont have Walker. The Dolphins didnt have Mosert, didnt think Achane would play but he did and then ultimately lost Tua. Like I can go on and on. I think the Bucs played the Lions with 3 of their starting 4 defensive backs out or at least hurt. They found a way to go into Detroit and hold them down and win. So the Rams have to do the same and I think they will. Its too early to panic. Even if the Rams lose to the Niners and start 0-3 I dont think we should panic. The NFC is going to be bunched up. As long as the Rams dont get bad with losing too many tiebreakers we should be good. The only tiebreaker we lost so far is with the Lions assuming they dont win the division and grab one of those WC spots. We play the Cards again so that is a must win bc we cant get swept by them. So if anything its about the Rams getting healthy on offense so they can get on track and the young defense growing which I think both will happen. 

Also I hear Rams fans saying the Rams missed Jones on Sunday. I dont think having Jones wouldve made a difference. Murray was just in his bag. The Rams missed Donald for sure. Murray played like a guy that was so happy Donald wasnt there. Although I feel like Verse will make sure Week 17 he will finish and not let what happened on Sunday happen again. It wasnt like the Rams wasnt getting pressure on Murray it was that Murray was finding ways to escape. And again moving forward the Rams dont face but Allen and Hurts and MAYBE Caleb who can do the things Murray was doing. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Our margins were always thin when it comes to our top guys, meaning Kupp and Stafford are injury prone and any time they miss will have a massive impact.

Well....Stafford isn't lasting the season behind this O-line. Kupp has a high ankle sprain. Puka is out. The O-line will likely see a 3rd combination in Week 3 with Alaric Jackson back. It's just not a recipe for success.

Oh and our defense is young, inexperienced, and can't stop the run. Also our secondary lacks any type of elite talent.

This isn't a sky is falling post. This is a reality check for how the team was built. Success was always possible, but the margin for error is too big for how the roster is constructed. Will always trust McVay and Snead, just hate seeing wasting whats left of Stafford. 

Ill just say that if the Rams cant beat Thompson, Brissett, Willis, Darnold, whats left of ARod, Minshew, Geno at least once, who knows how Murray will be Week 17 bc of his history of being broken down late in the season and his play dropping if he is even playing at all due to injuries. Like if the Rams cant win those games then they dont deserve to have a successful season. And all it takes it one win to get the Rams confidence going and then start to string together a few wins just like they did last season when they won 7 out of their last 8 to end the regular season. They werent playing high quality QBs then and they arent going to now looking at the rest of the schedule. Purdy without CMC will be interesting next week bc he didnt look good at all. Not saying the Rams will win but Im not going to automatically give them a loss either. And then the following week against Caleb the way he is playing and that offense looks the only way they beat the Rams is if the defense dominates which definitely could the case with the injuries the Rams have but it could also be the game where the Rams defense break outs and force Caleb into some turnovers and hold the Bears to under 20pts to give them a shot to win. So again lets see how it all plays out rest of season bc just like last season 3-6 looked very bad but the schedule moving forward didnt and I knew the Rams would go on a roll and take advantage of that schedule and they did. Outside of Allen and Hurts no QB the Rams will face will be as dynamic as a fresh and healthy Week 2 version of Murray. Not even Murray in Week 17 I promise he wont be this healthy and fresh version of himself again thats even if he is healthy enough to play. I dont wish injury on him but we know his history when it gets later on in the season. He takes shots, he is a small guy so his body tends to break down as the season goes along and he isnt the same as he was early in the season. So yeah the rest of the season is going to be interesting for the Rams for sure. 

Edited by stl4life07

I think the excuses for being too young need to stop. That’s who they chose to put out there. End of story. We don’t typically resign players after their rookie contract so what? Just a repetitive circle of being young. 21 missed tackles isn’t due to being young. That’s a skill issue. Tre white has allowed 4 TDs in 6 quarters, that’s a skill issue. 

I love how young this team is. There’s room to grow But We certainly don’t look like contenders right now. Once again, we’re looking forward to being able to play well again the worst teams on our schedule? What is that? Lol that’s not a good sign. I’m tired of waiting for these players to develop when we know we won’t have Stafford for much longer. We know Kupp can’t stay healthy. We needed to take advantage of this offense and 100% didn’t. It’s absurd to think it’s perfectly fine to have a terrible defense because the offense is “supposed to be good”. Man I hope they get it together 

• Like 2

I mean if it was only the defense that was weak it would be normal...but it's also the offense. 

We have invested a lot at OL but NOT in the most important position that is the LT position ! ! We don't have any depht at LT and now we are paying the price. 

Also, the OL is the most disapointing group comparaing to last year. It was supposed to be a strengh, it became a liability. It's not Kyren Williams fault if there's no room to run. Defense are flying quickly against the run. 

And against the pass rush against us it's crazy. Stafford has no time to throw. The LT is sooo bad. 

When will they learned to not count on Noteboom to be a LT. He's injury prone. I hope Alaric Jackson will be good when he's coming back from suspension... 

On defense, i don't know what to say. White is washed. Curl doesn't bring something. LB are too slow. The pass rush seems good but they can't tackle....there's no playmaker in this defense right now. 

They can't stop the run, they can't stop the pass. I don't know how we are going to win a game....

But again, losing Jones at the beginning of the season for a 6th round pick was BS.

Hope some journalist would adress some critic to Mcvay and Snead about this BS move. They deserved to have this defense....

21 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

By your logic the Ravens will have a winless season too. They didnt look great against the Chiefs and by some miracle came within an inch of possibly tying it up fell short. Then they lost to the horrible Raiders today at home. So they will go winless too right? I mean just going by your logic. 

And the Bengals wont be any good either. They had a bad loss to the Patriots then turned around at lost to the Chiefs. The only reason they wont go winless is bc they play the Ravens twice so someone has to win that game. So again going by your logic. 

All Im saying is you cant say the sky is falling in Week 2 especially with a team that has great coaching, a great QB, and has shown in recent history they can start off slowly and still turn things around and be right there in the end. The Rams might not make the playoffs due to this slow start but I have no doubt they wont be right in the playoff mix come the end of the season. If they miss out its going to be by 1 or 2 games or a tiebreaker and then you can point to that Week 1 OT loss to the Lions or this horrible loss as to if the Rams just won one of these games maybe they get in. But again the sky isnt falling there is no need to say the Rams season is lost after two games.

I absolutely can say the sky is falling. Because it is. McVay is an overrated coach who got lucky. Needed a super team to beat two 10-7 teams to win a Super Bowl. Stafford was only ever pretty good, never great.