LA Rams: Gameday Thread

MDY10

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Gotta win Sunday. Would mean the world 

Huge game. 

Curious to see how Chicagos defense matches up vs our Offense. Oline play will be the deciding factor there. If the Oline can keep Stafford semi clean, the offense will be fine. 

Defensively I’m hoping we don’t make them look like the GSOT. Really hope this defense has a breakout type game to get them rolling and building confidence. Going to need it for GB and getting into the bye. 

On 9/23/2024 at 11:31 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Start Omar Speights. There's no way he could be any worse than Rozeboom or Reeder 

Agreed. One of my biggest gripes about the Ernest trade was who we have to fill in for him and relying on an UDFA with one preseason experience was dumb but at this point, he has to be better than those two. 

2 minutes ago, Flounch said:

When you can't convert the RZ, that's what you get....

And when the defense can’t stop one of the worst offenses in the league. Wild. This team is such a joke. Can’t stand them anymore it’s a waste of time watching. 1-3 with losses to Arizona and Chicago lmao 

15 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

And when the defense can’t stop one of the worst offenses in the league. Wild. This team is such a joke. Can’t stand them anymore it’s a waste of time watching. 1-3 with losses to Arizona and Chicago lmao 

The Bears offense has played well below their potential. I wouldnt look at their offense as one of the worst offenses. You can say one of the most underachieving offenses bc we know they are capable of so much more. Its like the Rams offense is overachieving. They moved the football up and down the field today with ease. They just couldnt capitalize in the redzone and that cost them. Most teams who dont have their top 2 WRs dont even move the football like the Rams are doing.

With that being said it was a bad loss. Rams needed to continue to build from that win against the Niners. The only positive I take is the Rams offense did move the football at ease against a really good defense on the road. I truly think McVay and Stafford will figure out the redzone woes. You dont go from over 60% to 40% in the redzone and not be able to fix the issue. As long as the Rams can continue to move the football up and down the field and they fix their redzone issues they will be fine.

The defense was more than ok in this game. Verse and Fiske continue to shine. The sacks will come. The Rams need to get takeaways though. The difference in this game was the Bears got a takeaway which immediately led to a touchdown that gave a struggling offense the lead and confidence moving forward. 

The Rams got no benefit from the refs at the end bc Stafford got screwed but the Rams played 3 of their first 4 games on the road. They lost all of them. Its going to be tough from here on out but Ill still say the Rams were 3-6 in Week 10 last season and still won 10 games and made the playoffs. They still have alot of games left to play but its going to be extremely tough. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Bears offense has played well below their potential. I wouldnt look at their offense as one of the worst offenses. You can say one of the most underachieving offenses bc we know they are capable of so much more. Its like the Rams offense is overachieving. They moved the football up and down the field today with ease. They just couldnt capitalize in the redzone and that cost them. Most teams who dont have their top 2 WRs dont even move the football like the Rams are doing.

With that being said it was a bad loss. Rams needed to continue to build from that win against the Niners. The only positive I take is the Rams offense did move the football at ease against a really good defense on the road. I truly think McVay and Stafford will figure out the redzone woes. You dont go from over 60% to 40% in the redzone and not be able to fix the issue. As long as the Rams can continue to move the football up and down the field and they fix their redzone issues they will be fine.

The defense was more than ok in this game. Verse and Fiske continue to shine. The sacks will come. The Rams need to get takeaways though. The difference in this game was the Bears got a takeaway which immediately led to a touchdown that gave a struggling offense the lead and confidence moving forward. 

The Rams got no benefit from the refs at the end bc Stafford got screwed but the Rams played 3 of their first 4 games on the road. They lost all of them. Its going to be tough from here on out but Ill still say the Rams were 3-6 in Week 10 last season and still won 10 games and made the playoffs. They still have alot of games left to play but its going to be extremely tough. 

Stop it dude. Just admit we suck. Save the insufferable optimism for when it's actually deserved.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Stop it dude. Just admit we suck. Save the insufferable optimism for when it's actually deserved.

If you feel like the Rams suck then thats you. I think the Rams are playing over their capabilities based on a young defense full of rookies and 2nd year players with a new DC and still trying to figure things out without Donald who retired. An offense that was supposed to carry the defense until it got better but suffered injuries to their OL and top two WRs. I mean the Rams offense still had over 322yds of total offense and only punted once. 

Ill just say that if the Rams had the weapons Caleb had today in Moore, Allen, Odunze, and Kmet they wouldve put up 40. So the fact they was able to move the ball up and down the field with Tutu, Wittington, Johnson, Robinson, and Parkinson says alot. They just have to put the ball in the endzone when they get in the redzone. 

You can say the Bears stink but I say their defense is really good and their offense has underachieved. Thats due to Allen being hurt for most of the season and Caleb is still a rookie adjusting to the NFL. Caleb looked better in the 2nd half than the 1st half of this game. But its still a long season to go. If you have given up on the season already then you can look forward to next season and either dont watch the games or be relaxed when you watch the game bc there is nothing to look forward too if the Rams lose by 1 or 21 or win by 1 or 21 its just waiting for the offseason to come. I on the other hand still think its a long season but its an uphill battle but the Rams will continue to fight and we see how things shake out once Week 18 is over.  

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If you feel like the Rams suck then thats you. I think the Rams are playing over their capabilities based on a young defense full of rookies and 2nd year players with a new DC and still trying to figure things out without Donald who retired. An offense that was supposed to carry the defense until it got better but suffered injuries to their OL and top two WRs. I mean the Rams offense still had over 322yds of total offense and only punted once. 

Ill just say that if the Rams had the weapons Caleb had today in Moore, Allen, Odunze, and Kmet they wouldve put up 40. So the fact they was able to move the ball up and down the field with Tutu, Wittington, Johnson, Robinson, and Parkinson says alot. They just have to put the ball in the endzone when they get in the redzone. 

You can say the Bears stink but I say their defense is really good and their offense has underachieved. Thats due to Allen being hurt for most of the season and Caleb is still a rookie adjusting to the NFL. Caleb looked better in the 2nd half than the 1st half of this game. But its still a long season to go. If you have given up on the season already then you can look forward to next season and either dont watch the games or be relaxed when you watch the game bc there is nothing to look forward too if the Rams lose by 1 or 21 or win by 1 or 21 its just waiting for the offseason to come. I on the other hand still think its a long season but its an uphill battle but the Rams will continue to fight and we see how things shake out once Week 18 is over.  

The season is lost. We'll be lucky to be 2-6 at the end of next month. 

30 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The season is lost. We'll be lucky to be 2-6 at the end of next month. 

One win fewer than what we had last season and still won 10 games and made the playoffs. That means the Rams have things right where they want them lol Seriously though I think you are overblowing things.

The Rams lost Week 1 in OT by one possession and Week 4 by one possession. We all can admit the Rams had their chances to win Week 1 but failed to execute and had their chance to win today but failed to execute. Week 2 was the only real hopeless and lifeless play. The Rams arent going to give up. Again if you given up thats you. I guess it will make things easier to just watch the games with no hope. Again still plenty of games left and the Rams will get healthy. I said getting to the BYE at 2-3 is still good but I was thinking beating Chicago and losing to the Packers. If the Rams can find away at home to beat the Packers and still be 2-3 entering the BYE its not as bad as you or anyone else thinks.