LA Rams: Gameday Thread

MDY10

30 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill just say that if the Rams had the weapons Caleb had today in Moore, Allen, Odunze, and Kmet they wouldve put up 40. So the fact they was able to move the ball up and down the field with Tutu, Wittington, Johnson, Robinson, and Parkinson says alot. They just have to put the ball in the endzone when they get in the redzone. 

Werent you the one that said that everyone needs to calm down because we still get to play QBs like Caleb? I respect the optimism and maybe you’re right.. down the road they might be ok.. but right now they are absolute trash. The offense did what it could with the injuries it has. Stafford played well but got very lucky a couple times. 3 red zone trips with 3 FGs is unacceptable. 

The defense, there’s no excuse. It’s what they chose to put out there and again.. goes back to the jones trade. There is no way they thought we’d be ok with reeder. They knew we needed corners desperately and picked up a washed Tre white (who I was excited for) and Williams who unfortunately got hurt. Everyone on earth knew that this was either going to be a young hungry group who surprised everyone or just absolutely sucked. We got option B. In a time when Stafford is year to year, it’s not the time to gamble on something so big that can alter your season like it has. Hell… even verse who looks like our best defensive player doesnt know how make a tackle. Week after week his missed tackles are turning into big plays. 

not unreasonable to say this is a lost season until they show they can actually compete when it matter most. Hopefully it’s not too late by the time they figure it out. 

14 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Werent you the one that said that everyone needs to calm down because we still get to play QBs like Caleb? I respect the optimism and maybe you’re right.. down the road they might be ok.. but right now they are absolute trash. The offense did what it could with the injuries it has. Stafford played well but got very lucky a couple times. 3 red zone trips with 3 FGs is unacceptable. 

The defense, there’s no excuse. It’s what they chose to put out there and again.. goes back to the jones trade. There is no way they thought we’d be ok with reeder. They knew we needed corners desperately and picked up a washed Tre white (who I was excited for) and Williams who unfortunately got hurt. Everyone on earth knew that this was either going to be a young hungry group who surprised everyone or just absolutely sucked. We got option B. In a time when Stafford is year to year, it’s not the time to gamble on something so big that can alter your season like it has. Hell… even verse who looks like our best defensive player doesnt know how make a tackle. Week after week his missed tackles are turning into big plays. 

not unreasonable to say this is a lost season until they show they can actually compete when it matter most. Hopefully it’s not too late by the time they figure it out. 

Yeah and Caleb wasnt special. He played better in the 2nd half but he wasnt Kyler or Purdy to the defense. The defense did their job today imo. They werent going to be perfect but they were making stops particularly in the 1st half. They had two drives in the 2nd half they struggled but even at the end they manage to give the ball back to the Rams offense twice. If the Rams offense did anything with either drive they couldve won. If they did what they were supposed to do in the 1st half this wouldve been an easy win. 6-0 isnt the same as 14-0 or even 10-0 to start the game. So yeah those redzone trips were unacceptable. 

Its not a lost season. If last season didnt happen and I didnt see with my own eyes the Rams start 3-6 and still made the playoffs I would agree. Its not Week 10 its entering Week 5. Still plenty of games left. So just make it make sense. I cant even accept anyone saying the season is lost after witnessing last season. Is it possible the Rams can repeat last season? More likely not bc winning 7 out of 8 and getting into the playoffs is hard. But they did it so we know they are capable thus the season isnt lost. 

Edited by stl4life07

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah and Caleb wasnt special. He played better in the 2nd half but he wasnt Kyler or Purdy to the defense. The defense did their job today imo. They werent going to be perfect but they were making stops particularly in the 1st half. They had two drives in the 2nd half they struggled but even at the end they manage to give the ball back to the Rams offense twice. If the Rams offense did anything with either drive they couldve won. If they did what they were supposed to do in the 1st half this wouldve been an easy win. 6-0 isnt the same as 14-0 or even 10-0 to start the game. So yeah those redzone trips were unacceptable. 

Its not a lost season. If last season didnt happen and I didnt see with my own eyes the Rams start 3-6 and still made the playoffs I would agree. Its not Week 10 its entering Week 5. Still plenty of games left. So just make it make sense. I cant even accept anyone saying the season is lost after witnessing last season. Is it possible the Rams can repeat last season? More likely not bc winning 7 out of 8 and getting into the playoffs is hard. But they did it so we know they are capable thus the season isnt lost. 

Last year is last year. It’s not likely that a team can rip off a win streak like that again, especially when they clearly are not a better team than the previous year. Like I said… UNTIL THEY PROVE OTHERWISE it’s not crazy to say it’s a lost season. Not saying it’s absolutely over but chances are pretty slim right now. Watching what Washington is doing to Arizona right now doesn’t help either. Detroit looked like a good team in week 1 and not since. Arizona has been terrible and we lost by how much? We got lucky vs SF who were also down many players and outplayed us most of the game but we will take that W. And now the bears who are also not a good team and looked like they had their best game on offense. Swift looked pretty damn good and that’s simply embarrassing itself. You can look at the past all you want, but in the present things are not looking good. Let’s see how the Gb game goes. I expect that stadium to be full of green. Fanbase is just as embarrassing as the team right now. I’m flying across the country to watch this and praying I didn’t just waste my money on a crap product that they chose to put out there. So yeah, frustration is expected when so much money and time are invested into their trust. 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Last year is last year. It’s not likely that a team can rip off a win streak like that again, especially when they clearly are not a better team than the previous year. Like I said… UNTIL THEY PROVE OTHERWISE it’s not crazy to say it’s a lost season. Not saying it’s absolutely over but chances are pretty slim right now. Watching what Washington is doing to Arizona right now doesn’t help either. Detroit looked like a good team in week 1 and not since. Arizona has been terrible and we lost by how much? We got lucky vs SF who were also down many players and outplayed us most of the game but we will take that W. And now the bears who are also not a good team and looked like they had their best game on offense. Swift looked pretty damn good and that’s simply embarrassing itself. You can look at the past all you want, but in the present things are not looking good. Let’s see how the Gb game goes. I expect that stadium to be full of green. Fanbase is just as embarrassing as the team right now. I’m flying across the country to watch this and praying I didn’t just waste my money on a crap product that they chose to put out there. So yeah, frustration is expected when so much money and time are invested into their trust. 

Yeah I said the Rams repeating what they did last season is probably not possible again but we know they are capable bc we saw them do it last season. So like what there is to see? They did it last season so again we know they are capable. Its just like Brady pulling off that 28-3 Superbowl comeback. Thats improbable and we know that more than likely wasnt going to happen again. But we knew Brady is capable thats why when the Rams faced him in the playoffs in 2021 and Brady was down 27-3 we knew while it was unlikely Brady can lead a comeback he was capable bc we saw him do it before. And guess what? He nearly did it again. So we saw McVay and Stafford dig the Rams out of a big hole last season and I truly believe they are capable of doing it again. Will it happen? Possibly not but they havent shown me that its not going to happen. They have been in three of the four games they played. If they execute better they would be 3-1 right now and thats with all of the injuries. Once they get healthy in a few weeks I think they will get rolling. Next week is a must win bc the Rams cant start 1-4 having lost tiebreakers to the Lions, Cards, Bears, and Packers. Mainly the Lions and Packers just bc if the Vikings keep winning they will take the division that means the Lions and Packers will be fighting for two of the three wildcard spots. We cant have the head to head belonging to both the Lions and Packers. We just have to hope the Bears get beat up in the division and finish with a worse record than the Rams and then obviously the Cards get beat up in our division plus we play them again this time at home to try to split. 

What I dont like though from the fans is when the Rams win everything is great but when they lose the season is lost. Was the season lost when the Rams won last week? No. So it shouldnt be lost this week bc the Rams lost. The season isnt late and its not over. If you and others want to say its over so there wont be any expectations when you watch the games then thats on you. Whatever make your game days more bearable. Realistically though the season isnt lost. Is it a harder now? Yes. Its going to come down to the last week of the season and the Rams have to go on a winning streak. I dont expect 7 of 8 but in times like this thats where the "we have the 2nd best coach and top 5 best QB in the league" comes into play. You cant brag about all of that and give up on the season after 4 games bc the team only have one win. I still believe in McVay and Stafford to turn this ship around and give the Rams a chance at the end. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I said the Rams repeating what they did last season is probably not possible again but we know they are capable bc we saw them do it last season. So like what there is to see? They did it last season so again we know they are capable. Its just like Brady pulling off that 28-3 Superbowl comeback. Thats improbable and we know that more than likely wasnt going to happen again. But we knew Brady is capable thats why when the Rams faced him in the playoffs in 2021 and Brady was down 27-3 we knew while it was unlikely Brady can lead a comeback he was capable bc we saw him do it before. And guess what? He nearly did it again. So we saw McVay and Stafford dig the Rams out of a big hole last season and I truly believe they are capable of doing it again. Will it happen? Possibly not but they havent shown me that its not going to happen. They have been in three of the four games they played. If they execute better they would be 3-1 right now and thats with all of the injuries. Once they get healthy in a few weeks I think they will get rolling. Next week is a must win bc the Rams cant start 1-4 having lost tiebreakers to the Lions, Cards, Bears, and Packers. Mainly the Lions and Packers just bc if the Vikings keep winning they will take the division that means the Lions and Packers will be fighting for two of the three wildcard spots. We cant have the head to head belonging to both the Lions and Packers. We just have to hope the Bears get beat up in the division and finish with a worse record than the Rams and then obviously the Cards get beat up in our division plus we play them again this time at home to try to split. 

What I dont like though from the fans is when the Rams win everything is great but when they lose the season is lost. Was the season lost when the Rams won last week? No. So it shouldnt be lost this week bc the Rams lost. The season isnt late and its not over. If you and others want to say its over so there wont be any expectations when you watch the games then thats on you. Whatever make your game days more bearable. Realistically though the season isnt lost. Is it a harder now? Yes. Its going to come down to the last week of the season and the Rams have to go on a winning streak. I dont expect 7 of 8 but in times like this thats where the "we have the 2nd best coach and top 5 best QB in the league" comes into play. You cant brag about all of that and give up on the season after 4 games bc the team only have one win. I still believe in McVay and Stafford to turn this ship around and give the Rams a chance at the end. 

Bruh. I’m not saying it’s over. I know there’s a chance they make that come back. All I’m saying is that it’s not hard to see why fans feel that way right now. The past is the past and this team is not the same team. What they have shown so far is that they are not very good and that they have a lot of injuries. It’s not crazy to feel like this season is done. Especially considering we aren’t getting anyone back yet. These next 3-4 weeks are crucial to the rest of the season and from what we’ve seen, odds are very much against them. 

29 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Bruh. I’m not saying it’s over. I know there’s a chance they make that come back. All I’m saying is that it’s not hard to see why fans feel that way right now. The past is the past and this team is not the same team. What they have shown so far is that they are not very good and that they have a lot of injuries. It’s not crazy to feel like this season is done. Especially considering we aren’t getting anyone back yet. These next 3-4 weeks are crucial to the rest of the season and from what we’ve seen, odds are very much against them. 

Do you think the team is worse off this season than last season?

Last season people thought the Rams was in tank mode. Young, Turner, and Puka all was unknown. Nobody knew Kyren would have the type of season he had. Dotson was coming from the Steelers as a reject and had a great season. Avila was a rookie and the Rams essentially had no kicker. And on top of that they was dealing with alot of injuries too. Including Stafford missing a game. Hindsight is 20/20 for a reason. 

This season has started off rough but at least we can draw off the fact that the Rams have shown they can right the ship. They have guys that can make an impact and get better with every game. Even the year the Rams won the Superbowl they went an entire month without winning a game. They were getting destroyed on SNF at home against the Titans. So this team has shown more than just last season of overcoming adversity. Just in different ways. 

I agree the next 3-4 weeks are crucial but I believe and I dont think its blind faith. Thats what having a culture is for. Times like this. Again the odds were against the Rams last season sitting at 3-6. So I dont care about the odds. Next week is what Im focused on. If the Rams can find a way to win and get to 2-3 heading into the BYE Im feeling good. Plus the Rams have EIGHT home games. They played three road games already. We have to take that into account. Rams fans need to show up and show out in these home games so the Rams can win these games. But I just cant agree with you on not thinking its crazy to feel the season is done. Not when you have a top 5 QB and a top 2 HC plus you are getting your guys back, the NFC doesnt have great teams and you literally just saw what this same team did last season with lesser odds than they have now to make a run. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Do you think the team is worse off this season than last season?

Last season people thought the Rams was in tank mode. Young, Turner, and Puka all was unknown. Nobody knew Kyren would have the type of season he had. Dotson was coming from the Steelers as a reject and had a great season. Avila was a rookie and the Rams essentially had no kicker. And on top of that they was dealing with alot of injuries too. Including Stafford missing a game. Hindsight is 20/20 for a reason. 

This season has started off rough but at least we can draw off the fact that the Rams have shown they can right the ship. They have guys that can make an impact and get better with every game. Even the year the Rams won the Superbowl they went an entire month without winning a game. They were getting destroyed on SNF at home against the Titans. So this team has shown more than just last season of overcoming adversity. Just in different ways. 

I agree the next 3-4 weeks are crucial but I believe and I dont think its blind faith. Thats what having a culture is for. Times like this. Again the odds were against the Rams last season sitting at 3-6. So I dont care about the odds. Next week is what Im focused on. If the Rams can find a way to win and get to 2-3 heading into the BYE Im feeling good. Plus the Rams have EIGHT home games. They played three road games already. We have to take that into account. Rams fans need to show up and show out in these home games so the Rams can win these games. But I just cant agree with you on not thinking its crazy to feel the season is done. Not when you have a top 5 QB and a top 2 HC plus you are getting your guys back, the NFC doesnt have great teams and you literally just saw what this same team did last season with lesser odds than they have now to make a run. 

Yes I absolutely believe that. Just because we didn’t know about Puka or know how good Dotson would be doesn’t mean they weren’t on the team. Kyren and Avila apply to that too. Last years team was better as of right now. Losing AD automatically ensures we are worse. 

Again, I’m not going to talk about the past. It doesn’t matter who was on that SB team. It doesn’t matter who was on the team last year. It’s not the same team as this year. It’s not the same coaching staff. It’s simply not. We know mcvay is a good coach. We know this team can pull off a W against many on any given week. However right now, they have not shown to be a good team. Simple as that. When they can beat a bad team like the cards or bears, then maybe it’ll be easier to believe. Until then, I can’t. Hopefully it’s not too late before they get it together because it’s bound to come together once everyone is back. Still will be worrisome watching that defense though. They need to grow and mature very quickly. 

These guys can’t tackle. It’s been painful to see them get there and not make it happen. They get sucked in by a single hip shift. It’s disgusting to see. A year with Aaron Donald and it would have been great. I love Aaron and he deserved it. But he F us hard not being here, and I saw that in the most selfish way. He doesn’t owe anyone anything. He came in and did what he did. But the team desperately needs him. They need his voice, work ethic, inspiration and leadership. He would have them watching film like crazy. Verse has been the best pick we’ve made since Donald. He has freakish abilities that only the elites have. His size, speed and power are insane. But he’s a missile with no direction. If we had Donald this year there’s no doubt in my mind we are 3-0.. He would have feasted with this much help on the line. He would have caused so much havoc. I’ve never seen so many Qbs get away from our rush like I have these last 3 weeks. Not in my lifetime have I’ve seen dudes have 12 seconds to throw. It’s been pretty gross. It’s coaching and Shula been as. The fact that Reeder and Roze are starting shows zero accountability. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Yes I absolutely believe that. Just because we didn’t know about Puka or know how good Dotson would be doesn’t mean they weren’t on the team. Kyren and Avila apply to that too. Last years team was better as of right now. Losing AD automatically ensures we are worse. 

Again, I’m not going to talk about the past. It doesn’t matter who was on that SB team. It doesn’t matter who was on the team last year. It’s not the same team as this year. It’s not the same coaching staff. It’s simply not. We know mcvay is a good coach. We know this team can pull off a W against many on any given week. However right now, they have not shown to be a good team. Simple as that. When they can beat a bad team like the cards or bears, then maybe it’ll be easier to believe. Until then, I can’t. Hopefully it’s not too late before they get it together because it’s bound to come together once everyone is back. Still will be worrisome watching that defense though. They need to grow and mature very quickly. 

I never said the Rams are a good football right now. Im just saying its too early still to say the season is lost.

And what really bothers me about Rams fans is the too quick to bail. I do look at the past bc its a common trend. In 2021 the Superbowl year people bailed on the Rams when they lost 3 straight to the Titans, Niners, and Packers. Then people definitely bailed when they blew a 17pt lead the last game of the regular season to the Niners that got the Niners into the playoffs. What did I say? Dont worry. Losing to the Niners was a blessing in disguised. The Niners took out the Packers in Green Bay creating a home game in the NFCCG. If that didnt happen the Rams wouldve had to go to Green Bay in the freezing cold and that wouldve been harder. But I had no panic that the Rams lost three straight and then blew a 17pt to lead to the Niners that got them into the playoffs.

Last season people bailed on the Rams even before the season started. Tank for Caleb. Then when the Rams started 3-6 everyone was like see the Rams werent going to be good. What did I say? I expected it. I thought the Rams would struggle out of the gate. The schedule was tough, the defense was young around Donald. They had to figure things out along the way. Plus no Kupp on offense. But then getting back Kupp, of course Kyren got hurt and he eventually came back I said the Rams will get things going bc the schedule got easier and they got Kupp back, they got Kyren back, Stafford missed a game but he came back, the defense got better the 2nd half of the season and they took off. 

So all Im saying is the Rams fans are bailing again and Im saying R-E-L-A-X. They will figure it out like they have done before. One losing season when everyone seemingly was on IR. Even the 9-7 year where they missed the playoffs they missed it by 1 game and had that season been the new format 7 playoff teams they wouldve made it. Now Im not saying the Rams will make the playoffs this season but I truly feel like they will give themselves a chance at the end. It might be too much to overcome but the season for sure aint dead. ALOT can happen from here until the end of the regular season. This week coming up against the Packers is huge. 

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I never said the Rams are a good football right now. Im just saying its too early still to say the season is lost.

And what really bothers me about Rams fans is the too quick to bail. I do look at the past bc its a common trend. In 2021 the Superbowl year people bailed on the Rams when they lost 3 straight to the Titans, Niners, and Packers. Then people definitely bailed when they blew a 17pt lead the last game of the regular season to the Niners that got the Niners into the playoffs. What did I say? Dont worry. Losing to the Niners was a blessing in disguised. The Niners took out the Packers in Green Bay creating a home game in the NFCCG. If that didnt happen the Rams wouldve had to go to Green Bay in the freezing cold and that wouldve been harder. But I had no panic that the Rams lost three straight and then blew a 17pt to lead to the Niners that got them into the playoffs.

Last season people bailed on the Rams even before the season started. Tank for Caleb. Then when the Rams started 3-6 everyone was like see the Rams werent going to be good. What did I say? I expected it. I thought the Rams would struggle out of the gate. The schedule was tough, the defense was young around Donald. They had to figure things out along the way. Plus no Kupp on offense. But then getting back Kupp, of course Kyren got hurt and he eventually came back I said the Rams will get things going bc the schedule got easier and they got Kupp back, they got Kyren back, Stafford missed a game but he came back, the defense got better the 2nd half of the season and they took off. 

So all Im saying is the Rams fans are bailing again and Im saying R-E-L-A-X. They will figure it out like they have done before. One losing season when everyone seemingly was on IR. Even the 9-7 year where they missed the playoffs they missed it by 1 game and had that season been the new format 7 playoff teams they wouldve made it. Now Im not saying the Rams will make the playoffs this season but I truly feel like they will give themselves a chance at the end. It might be too much to overcome but the season for sure aint dead. ALOT can happen from here until the end of the regular season. This week coming up against the Packers is huge. 

The 2021 team didn't have a bunch of rookies & sophomores on defense, nor did we have the two worst starting linebackers in league history. 

Frankly it's better for the Rams to tank than to win a bunch of meaningless games after falling out of the playoff picture and hurt their draft position, especially since they don't have a 2nd round pick this year

I had high hopes for yesterday thinking we can get it to 2-2, but we made an inept offense have their break out game lol

Stafford is going to get killed and we cant stop the run. At some point decisions are going to have to be made by Snead/McVay how they want to play out the season. If thats playing to develop guys and be satisfied with a top 10 pick, you sit Stafford. If they think theres a playoff push in this team then theyre gunna need to make some moves in the market, start Speights, bench Tre'Davious White, bring in a Tee Higgins or Davantae Adams, etc.

I would lean shut down Stafford. I dont see a playoff caliber solution available to us

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The 2021 team didn't have a bunch of rookies & sophomores on defense, nor did we have the two worst starting linebackers in league history. 

Frankly it's better for the Rams to tank than to win a bunch of meaningless games after falling out of the playoff picture and hurt their draft position, especially since they don't have a 2nd round pick this year

If Im not mistaken didnt that Superbowl the Rams was starting rookie linebacker Earnest Jones? Who btw played big in the Superbowl. Not to mention had an old Eric Weddle come off the couch in the playoffs. The same Eric Weddle that everyone said was a horrible FA signing in 2019 bc he did nothing on defense that season. And he played in the Superbowl with a torn pec I think in the 1st quarter. So he played through it very limited bc the Rams was so banged up at safety. Not to mention in the divisional round on the road at Tampa Bay the Rams had to start Joe Noteboom LT bc Whitworth couldnt go due to injury. And Noteboom played a great game. The same Noteboom people have written off.

My point Im trying to make is whether it was 2021 or last season hell even 2018 at some point when the Rams struggled people were starting to bail on them. Instead of the sticking with the strong believe of McVay and what he has done and is most certainly capable of doing. Instead of believing in Stafford the Rams lose 3 games or go on a 2 or 3 game losing streak its MAN OVERBOARD lets pull the plug. Thats what bothers me. Im not saying you cant be disappointed about losing yesterday when you thought we shouldve won. Im not saying you cant be disappointed about how the season has started. But its a long season and you have two of the best ones to ever do it guiding the ship in McVay and Stafford. You have Les Snead who you know isnt going to sit on his hands he is going to make a trade or two to help boost this team. Like we all know this. Its not something we are trying to figure out. We know this team has fought through adversity before and managed to get back on track. If this Rams team was the Browns or Jets then yeah PANIC!!! Those organizations dont have the culture the Rams have built so their struggles arent going to turn around bc they dont have the right people in the building. Plus we just havent seen it from them in what decades do that. If this Rams team was the Fisher era then yeah PANIC!!! Sinking ship that cant be saved. But no this is the McVay era and so with him we always have a chance no matter what situation we are in currently. 

Edited by stl4life07