LA Rams: Gameday Thread

MDY10

5 hours ago, Flounch said:

Yes, doing nothing is safer that doing something, thanks Analytics ! 

Like I said, objectivity escapes you.  And there's really no debating that if that's the reductivist interpretation of what I wrote that you came up with.  If you just want people to agree with you and sound an echo in your chamber then just state so upfront.  The concept of gray must be completely foreign to you since apparently if something isn't black is must automatically be white.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Like I said, objectivity escapes you.  And there's really no debating that if that's the reductivist interpretation of what I wrote that you came up with.  If you just want people to agree with you and sound an echo in your chamber then just state so upfront.  The concept of gray must be completely foreign to you since apparently if something isn't black is must automatically be white.

You didn't read completely what i wrote. 

On 8/30/2024 at 4:45 PM, Flounch said:

You didn't read completely what i wrote. 

No, I read it, I just think that's it's a poor assessment of the state of things.  We haven't been in a position to make acquisitions with a strict eye towards or even a 50%-inclination towards improving ST's.  And/or (because, being perfectly honest, NONE OF US know since we have no idea what the draft boards looked like - we're only guessing) the chips just may well have not fallen the way we'd have needed to target players that would have satisfied the prior.  Just as an example, one of the best KR's in this past draft class that also satisfied being a high-utility offensive weapon as opposed to just a returner went in the early 3rd (Malachi Corley).  Even just saying, "well, don't trade up for Fiske" wouldn't have been as sensible, because we would have had to spend our natural 2nd round pick (when WR was not a need coming off Puka's breakout) to get Corley before the Jets took him in the 3rd.  And this past draft was clearly themed towards injecting youth and upside into the defense.

Your complaint is a worthwhile complaint... until you start applying actual context, at which point it loses most of any realistic bite that you want it to have.  it just comes across as complaining to complain.

9 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

No, I read it, I just think that's it's a poor assessment of the state of things.  We haven't been in a position to make acquisitions with a strict eye towards or even a 50%-inclination towards improving ST's.  And/or (because, being perfectly honest, NONE OF US know since we have no idea what the draft boards looked like - we're only guessing) the chips just may well have not fallen the way we'd have needed to target players that would have satisfied the prior.  Just as an example, one of the best KR's in this past draft class that also satisfied being a high-utility offensive weapon as opposed to just a returner went in the early 3rd (Malachi Corley).  Even just saying, "well, don't trade up for Fiske" wouldn't have been as sensible, because we would have had to spend our natural 2nd round pick (when WR was not a need coming off Puka's breakout) to get Corley before the Jets took him in the 3rd.  And this past draft was clearly themed towards injecting youth and upside into the defense.

Your complaint is a worthwhile complaint... until you start applying actual context, at which point it loses most of any realistic bite that you want it to have.  it just comes across as complaining to complain.

My only regret is you get but one football for this. This constant doom and gloom is honestly exhausting.  The assumption that the team doesn't do what a fan wants so they just don't care about it or aren't as hood as some think is co.ical. 

11 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I'm not telling you that we should use a 2nd/3rd/4th round pick to  draft a KR/PR. And i would be mad if that's the case. 

I'm just telling you, it's not normal that since Cooper, they can't find someone reliable to PR/KR. They have some many offseason to find someone and i don't think it's that hard to find 1 player to make PR/KR. 

So i just assume, they just don't care about the ST anymore.

And in that case, yes, Mcvay knows that his ST is very bad. So his decision to take "Analytics decision" and doing nothing is the good answer for it. 

But i don't like the fact that he doesn't care about the ST, that's all. 

The Rams are hiring Scott Frost, per team and league sources. He will help with a variety of roles on the staff (including special teams where they have a vacancy). He spent some time with the Rams in OTAs and training camp. This has been in the works for a few days.

Yes like i said, it's just confirm that Mcvay doesn't take the ST seriously.

Saw a rumor about Reddick going to LA. Who knows how accurate it is but interesting. 

edit: not seeing it anywhere else other than the one I did see. Could be complete BS. Just throwing it out there 

Edited by MDY10

8 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Saw a rumor about Reddick going to LA. Who knows how accurate it is but interesting. 

edit: not seeing it anywhere else other than the one I did see. Could be complete BS. Just throwing it out there 

Would love it tbh. But he’s older and would command a pay grade. Would love for him to mentor. I don’t think BY gets a second contract because of his age, unless he explodes this year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Would love it tbh. But he’s older and would command a pay grade. Would love for him to mentor. I don’t think BY gets a second contract because of his age, unless he explodes this year. 

I agree with all of this. Not sure they’d want to pay Reddick right now but at the same time I can see them paying a proven player more than I can see them paying BY unless like you said, he balls out this year. 

18 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Time for more clown show crying.

It's not very constructive....what about your opinion on this ? Do you think it's normal to decide this year that we won't ever make a kick or punt return ?

Who’s the guy you’re more interested in growing this year? 

Im getting big things from Lake. Like 120-90 tackles and 6 sacks with 3-4 Ints. The more I see verse the more I think this brother is a freak. Not only in bed but in the field. Every interview this dude looks bigger and juicier. Like bro is a hulk. Last time I saw that muscular and ripped was Robert Quinn. He’s freaking huge man. Like makes BY look like a freshman, and honestly BY might be our freakiest athlete on the team. I’ve been so impressed listening to his interviews. How he handles himself like a leader is pretty crazy to see.. I’ve been liking what’s been coming out of Hoecht this year as well. He would drive us crazy, but he seems to have a fit in this defense. He’s been mentoring the young ones.. Man just hurts, just feels like had we had Donald this defenses could have been special. His leadership, work ethic and ability would have risen this defense. It’s a scary year. I’m not huge on Schula like most are. I think he’s ok but not great. But I am excited to see what type of defense we run. Seems to be a 2LB 4 Safety look.. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, Flounch said:

It's not very constructive....what about your opinion on this ? Do you think it's normal to decide this year that we won't ever make a kick or punt return ?

I think it's foolish to think that because the Rams didn't add a return guy that you wanted to assume that McVay doesn't care. Like LBC keeps saying you just can't help but be negative. 

I also think that McVay wants low risk on his defense and special teams. That's why we play softer coverages because if you actually pay attention to what he says you'll learn he doesn't want his defense giving up big plays.

Likewise he doesn't want the big negative play of a fumble on special teams. All things you'd learn if you listen to him. 

• Like 1

Well… 0-1 to start the year. It was ugly but expected considering the circumstances. Losing the lineman we did on top of some corners and Puka.. I can’t help but feel very proud of what they were able to do. Even under the circumstances it comes down to Stafford throwing that INT and mcvay choosing to not take the 3 points on offense.

Defensively, again we did great considering the circumstances. ARSB didn’t do much but they did let Williams run wild. The run defense was hard to watch but again, it wasn’t every drive and the worst came when they were exhausted in OT. I feel safe in saying if we had gotten the ball first that game was ours. 

Very frustrating and disappointing to start the year like that but it is what it is. Let’s see what the injury reports say. So far all I’ve heard is Avila is an MCL sprain. Nothing on Puka aside from a doctor saying he will be good to go by this next game if it’s the injury he believes it is. Should have Havenstein back as well.