BroncoSojia

Week 11 SNF Thread: MIN @ DEN  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Broncos
    • Vikings
    • Sleep

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Broncos are still not a good team. They’re finding ways to win and you have to give them credit for that but no good teams kicks that many FGs. Their offense is awful aside from the F it Sutton down there somewhere 

Oh, we know. This is a bizarre state of affairs. We'll enjoy it for what it is but I don't expect a playoff berth. This is a house of cards in a hurricane.

Defense has definitely come a long way since Miami, though.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Denver now is really in a predicament with what to do with Russ. Payton has clearly been a huge factor in righting the ship but they’ve got a big decision to make in the off-season in a now or never situation.

It's pretty simple for them. If Russ keeps this hot streak up and leads the Broncos into the playoffs in a tough AFC, you keep him. If they fall apart and look bad doing so, you have some discussions and explore other options at QB. 

2 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

It's pretty simple for them. If Russ keeps this hot streak up and leads the Broncos into the playoffs in a tough AFC, you keep him. If they fall apart and look bad doing so, you have some discussions and explore other options at QB. 

I mean, I guess? Not like he really did much himself with 1 TD and 5 FG.

27 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think they still have to eat a HUGE portion of his salary, IIRC. That said, he’s been good enough that they won’t move off of him anyways IMO. 

They won't move on from him regardless of who they bring in IMO. If they end up drafting a rookie QB, they are now in a position with their record that it will be a mid tier prospect and no longer Maye/Williams. One would think the plan would be for that QB to sit a year or two behind Russ.

After nuking their draft assets for Russ, I highly doubt a huge trade up or home run swing in FA is a option either.