Colts @ Bills Playoff Hunt on life support

Trentwannabe

It is great seeing the rage (deserved by the way) towards McDermott and then seeing the reaction of everyone after we actually won. It was a terrible decision and he got lucky. With a legit first time HC (don't believe we have had that since Mularkey) I can expect and accept this kind of stuff (Unlike Rex last year vs Miami) but this kind of crap gets old real quick. 

Just squish the fish twice boys!

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It is great seeing the rage (deserved by the way) towards McDermott and then seeing the reaction of everyone after we actually won. It was a terrible decision and he got lucky. With a legit first time HC (don't believe we have had that since Mularkey) I can expect and accept this kind of stuff (Unlike Rex last year vs Miami) but this kind of crap gets old real quick. 

Just squish the fish twice boys!

I think there was a lot more blind faith early in the season and then maybe too much criticism during our losing streak and we're finding a middle ground now. Honestly the mistakes aren't a major problem, it's whether he learns from them that matters. I hope he realizes he made a mistake and learns from it. It worked but it was a stupid decision in a game where long drives were a staple and I don't really recall many three and outs at all 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Heck yes we are.

Just beat the Dolphins. That's all I am concerned about. The rest will take care of itself. 

Issue is if we beat the Dolphins we can still fall out. If Ravens win which they should and the Bills win. Then Ravens regain 6th seed as common opponents take effect for reaching the 4 game minimum. Heck we can win out and still miss the playoffs even if we are currently in the 6th seed because of that tie breaker.  Kinda sucks that we can drop even with a win.

Big games are

Jags vs Titans- likely rooting for Jags

KC vs Chargers- rooting for Chargers

Titans vs 49ers- let's go Jimmy G

Bengals vs Ravens- need an upset here

We need 3 of the 4 to happen which can happen. And all we would have to do is beat Dolphins twice.

The Titans still play the Rams and Jags. They could finish 9-7 and I think we would have the tie break over them based on common games. The Chargers winning the west is the most important thing because we could potentially have the tie break over every other team assuming the Ravens get the other WC because they play Cleveland, Indy, and Cinci. 

If we win out we will be good. Obviously I’m thinking 9-7 is best case scenario though. 

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Issue is if we beat the Dolphins we can still fall out. If Ravens win which they should and the Bills win. Then Ravens regain 6th seed as common opponents take effect for reaching the 4 game minimum. Heck we can win out and still miss the playoffs even if we are currently in the 6th seed because of that tie breaker.  Kinda sucks that we can drop even with a win.

Big games are

Jags vs Titans- likely rooting for Jags

KC vs Chargers- rooting for Chargers

Titans vs 49ers- let's go Jimmy G

Bengals vs Ravens- need an upset here

We need 3 of the 4 to happen which can happen. And all we would have to do is beat Dolphins twice.

Its unlikely that we'll ever be in a head-to-head situation with only the Chiefs, so most believe Buffalo should root for the Chiefs to knock of the Chargers as they would need to win their final two after that. I agree that if the Chargers can run away with the division that is best, but the Chiefs still play Miami and Denver so I don't think they'll fall off.

I have "conceded" a spot to the Ravens and only worry about the Titans. Its really not the unlikely that they lose out or at least lose two of the last 3 (need them to lose to the Jags). 

Jeremy White tweeted a link early that said if the Bills finish 9-7 they have a 65% chance of making it. I'll take those odds. 

I have yet to find a way where Buffalo, KC and either Tennessee or Baltimore tied at 9-7 gets us in. 

However, I have found multiple ways where Buffalo, LA and either Tennessee or Baltimore tied at 9-7 gets the Bills in because of SOV. 

A Charger loss puts them to 6 losses in the AFC which will kick them out of any 3 way tie and more than likely Buffalo will have a stronger SOV over Baltimore or Tennessee. 

Came across a pretty cool article on Buffalo News today: http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/11/sean-kirst-after-bills-pulled-out-victory-they-pushed-drivers-free-of-snow/

Eric Wood, Dion Dawkins, Coltin Schmidt, Ryan Groy and several other Bills were at a restaurant in Hamburg after the game and were helping push people out of their cars all night. We all want a winning team so bad but I love the guys at on these teams, even on our worst teams we've had some really great guys. I love the community feeling between the fans and the team, not a lot of teams have that. 

Wow Patriots lost. That could open up a door for the AFC East. It's a long shot but if Bills win out and Steelers and Jets beat the Pats we could take the division. Haven't checked into tie breakers yet because I'll let the next two weeks play out but it may have opened up a another path.

43 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Wow Patriots lost. That could open up a door for the AFC East. It's a long shot but if Bills win out and Steelers and Jets beat the Pats we could take the division. Haven't checked into tie breakers yet because I'll let the next two weeks play out but it may have opened up a another path.

Yeah I don't have any confidence in Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenburg beating the Pats in any infinite universes. 

Archived