Week 14: Jets at Broncos

rdelaney89

TOP 5 GRADES:

Marcus Maye86.1 overall grade

Edge David Bass83.9 overall grade

DI Steve McLendon82.4 overall grade

DI Muhammad Wilkerson80.6 overall grade

CB Buster Skrine79.6 overall grade

No surprise here, offense wasn't on the field long enough to generate any meaningful grade.

QB BRYCE PETTY71.4 OVERALL GRADE

Petty entered the game after starting quarterback Josh McCown’s injury and while his stats did not look good, they do not tell the entire story. Although Petty had only eight aimed attempt all afternoon, he was actually on target with five of them, but was victimized by three dropped passes from his wide receivers.

WR ROBBY ANDERSON47.1 OVERALL GRADE

Anderson seemed to struggle all afternoon as he had trouble hauling in even easy passes and dropped two of his five catchable targets on the day. While fans have gotten used to Anderson making big plays, the Jets wide receiver’s longest reception went for just 13 yards as he caught three passes for only 27 yards and was the intended target on the Jets’ only interception of the day.

EDGE DAVID BASS83.9 OVERALL GRADE

Bass, who rotates in on the defensive edge for the Jets, has been making a case for more playing time. He had the best game of his season in Denver as he was solid in run defense making two stops, and added two hurries and a sack rushing the passer on just 11 pass-rushes. Bass finished with an 80.3 pass-rush grade and an 80.1 run defense grade.

MARCUS MAYE86.1 OVERALL GRADE

Maye had a very complete game at safety for the Jets on Sunday in a losing effort. Maye made four tackles, all of which resulted in stops. Although Maye is usually far back as a deep safety, he was only targeted once in 35 snaps in coverage and it only went for three yards. He finished with a 85.3 coverage grade and a 78.1 run defense grade.

I'm not sure which 3 passes were considered drops for Petty, I think one was probably an open diving ASJ which was more of a bad throw than a drop IMO.

15 hours ago, drew39k said:

It's asinine that he is still in a qb. He's clearly hurt and we are down 20.

Maye has been outstanding since the first game of the year. As far as Anderson goes teams are now working him in their game plan to try to shut him down. It is time for our other receivers to step up while Anderson is being double covered. Anderson has been our best offensive weapon by far this year. 

Even though I think Bowles has done a much better job this year, these are the games that absolutely drive you crazy. On the road, come out flat, ultra conservative with the season on the line, and absolutely no idea how to use timeouts or clock management. I'm just not going to waste my time talking about firing him because I know he'll absolutely be back but its getting harder and harder to defend his in game coaching. @GangGreen420 were debating this recently. We were both pretty much done with him after last year and I came to his defense of recently, more-so because i just feel he'll be back, but it really is difficult to see this guy ever being a great HC. Any extension at this point would really be stupid.

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Even though I think Bowles has done a much better job this year, these are the games that absolutely drive you crazy. On the road, come out flat, ultra conservative with the season on the line, and absolutely no idea how to use timeouts or clock management. I'm just not going to waste my time talking about firing him because I know he'll absolutely be back but its getting harder and harder to defend his in game coaching. @GangGreen420 were debating this recently. We were both pretty much done with him after last year and I came to his defense of recently, more-so because i just feel he'll be back, but it really is difficult to see this guy ever being a great HC. Any extension at this point would really be stupid.

It’s going to be year 4. At this point we need some kind of tangible results/improvement. From half way through 2015 I haven’t seen much if any. I like how he holds guys more accountable now but he’s really not a good coach. He’s just not. Yesterday was a typical game after a decent win during the Todd Bowles era - a completely flat loss.

I hate the fact that we are going to drag this out another year, but we are the Jets. I get the whole continuity thing, I really do, but why continue with a regime that’s going to be like 10-24 in the last 2 seasons and has been “rebuilding” for 3 years now with next to nothing to show for it. 

Mo and Lee apparently must not respect the guy too much, and now Adams is calling out “some people” for practice habits. I just don’t see this awesome culture some of you do.

I know Bowles is going to get another year. It may even be better that way because if next year is another 5-6 wins than Mac can get the boot too and we can maybe structure things the THE CORRECT WAY with a GM that can pick their own HC.

Im okay with Morton mentoring our next QB, but really I wouldn’t want Todd Bowles even in the same room as him, ever. 

Macc messed up and went full win now his 1st year as GM. Only guy really as an impact on this team from that offseason is Carpenter (who is actually having a bad season). Leo has been very disappointing this season. And every other draft pick or FA he brought in that year is either gone or not good. Bc of how much he spent we haven’t been able to do much in FA since then. His drafts have been average to below average. It’s pretty bad when we’re getting better production from UDFA than our mid round picks.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s going to be year 4. At this point we need some kind of tangible results/improvement. From half way through 2015 I haven’t seen much if any. I like how he holds guys more accountable now but he’s really not a good coach. He’s just not. Yesterday was a typical game after a decent win during the Todd Bowles era - a completely flat loss.

I hate the fact that we are going to drag this out another year, but we are the Jets. I get the whole continuity thing, I really do, but why continue with a regime that’s going to be like 10-24 in the last 2 seasons and has been “rebuilding” for 3 years now with next to nothing to show for it. 

Mo and Lee apparently must not respect the guy too much, and now Adams is calling out “some people” for practice habits. I just don’t see this awesome culture some of you do.

I know Bowles is going to get another year. It may even be better that way because if next year is another 5-6 wins than Mac can get the boot too and we can maybe structure things the THE CORRECT WAY with a GM that can pick their own HC.

Im okay with Morton mentoring our next QB, but really I wouldn’t want Todd Bowles even in the same room as him, ever. 

The culture has definitely improved from last year but we clearly still have quite a ways to go. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Macc messed up and went full win now his 1st year as GM. Only guy really as an impact on this team from that offseason is Carpenter (who is actually having a bad season). Leo has been very disappointing this season. And every other draft pick or FA he brought in that year is either gone or not good. Bc of how much he spent we haven’t been able to do much in FA since then. His drafts have been average to below average. It’s pretty bad when we’re getting better production from UDFA than our mid round picks.

It was because Woody said so. First year was fine but 2nd year was horrible.   Maccagnan's two biggest mistakes were Wilkerson and Fitzpatrick contracts.  Strangely enough that both were signed very very very late. As long as Maccagnan doesn't cave in and sign overrated veteran, he will be all right. 

Draftee requires 3 or 4 years to show up as legit players.  That is what Maccagnan has purposely done.  Hackenberg's pick in 2nd is terrible because of qb situation. His pick would be all right if Jets successfully made the deal for Cousins few years ago.

10 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Adams looks like the high floor high character guy we drafted, Maye looks like the better player but is not asked to do what Adams does.

High floor is the word you're using. I'll go with average to slightly above average.

1 hour ago, MoLewis57 said:

Maye has looked better than Adams in almost every game including preseason. 

I'm not arguing that, I'm ecstatic with Maye. I think Adams gets the harder assignments week in and week out though. Look no further than he KC game when Maye got smoked by Kelce, they switched to Adams and he had 4 yards the next 3 quarters. 

Archived