Week 13: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was right for approximately 25% of this game. 

Then my thoughts on how this game was going to go was very, very wrong lol 

Do you think they can win a re-match in Philly? Or do they go and get the #1 seed to have it in Santa Clara? Also do you think the Cowboys are a threat to the Niners? They definitely are a threat to the Eagles and I think they'll beat them in next week to tie them in the NFC East.

I see only two NFC teams as threats to the Niners in the playoffs e.g. Eagles & Cowboys but that's it. Sorry Lions lol!

Well I wasn't expecting that lol...

That was fun to witness.

My biggest takeaway from the game for me personally was the O-Line.

That is best D-Line in football outside of San Franciso imo. And they OWNED the LOS in the run game and held up their end in pass-pro. Unbelievable performance.

Big shout out to McKivitiz. Reddick is a monster and outside a few snaps, he held his own pretty much all game. I told ppl we wouldn't miss McGlinchey because McKivitiz's floor was pretty much McG on a average day. And he's proving me right as he seems to be settling in after the bye week.

Defensse played extremely well. Wilks seems to go man at most inopportune times imo, but he overallcalee a freat game and the D-Line played aggressive but smart for most of the game.

I still think these two teams meet again on this same field in a few weeks. But it is good to know that we are capable of going in there getting done. Well played Shanny...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Do you think they can win a re-match in Philly? Or do they go and get the #1 seed to have it in Santa Clara? Also do you think the Cowboys are a threat to the Niners? They definitely are a threat to the Eagles and I think they'll beat them in next week to tie them in the NFC East.

I see only two NFC teams as threats to the Niners in the playoffs e.g. Eagles & Cowboys but that's it. Sorry Lions lol!

Absolutely. It's not like I thought that they couldn't win this game, I just thought it was probably something like 65 / 35 or 60/40 eagles.

I'd like to get the 1 seed, but I'm not going to sweat it. 

I don't know if they'd win in the same manner that they did this one, but  impossible to watch this game and be any more nervous about the eagles than I would be about a team like Dallas. If the line keeps Purdy upright, the eagles secondary can't stop the passing game. That's my biggest takeaway from this. If they can't stop the passing game, eventually the running game is going to burn them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well I wasn't expecting that lol...

That was fun to witness.

My biggest takeaway from the game for me personally was the O-Line.

That is best D-Line in football outside of San Franciso imo. And they OWNED the LOS in the run game and held up their end in pass-pro. Unbelievable performance.

Big shout out to McKivitiz. Reddick is a monster and outside a few snaps, he held his own pretty much all game. I told ppl we wouldn't miss McGlinchey because McKivitiz's floor was pretty much McG on a average day. And he's proving me right as he seems to be settling in after the bye week.

Defensse played extremely well. Wilks seems to go man at most inopportune times imo, but he overallcalee a freat game and the D-Line played aggressive but smart for most of the game.

I still think these two teams meet again on this same field in a few weeks. But it is good to know that we are capable of going in there getting done. Well played Shanny...

Early the right side of the line was looking...I mean...oof. In pass pro. 

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Early the right side of the line was looking...I mean...oof. In pass pro. 

The whole offesne looked oof.

Won't pin it all on them

I think some of that early pressure in the 1st quarter was on Brock as much as it was the O-Line.

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Absolutely. It's not like I thought that they couldn't win this game, I just thought it was probably something like 65 / 35 or 60/40 eagles.

I'd like to get the 1 seed, but I'm not going to sweat it. 

I don't know if they'd win in the same manner that they did this one, but  impossible to watch this game and be any more nervous about the eagles than I would be about a team like Dallas. If the line keeps Purdy upright, the eagles secondary can't stop the passing game. That's my biggest takeaway from this. If they can't stop the passing game, eventually the running game is going to burn them. 

I suspected the Eagles could be had once I saw how they were taken to the limit by the Bills last week and I figured this was the Niners best shot at beating them and they did just that.

Also with that being said I kind of fear the Cowboys more than I fear the Eagles as Dak is on a tear and they sure as hell want to get Dallas in Santa Clara as opposed to having to go to Dallas for the re-match if need be.

And as far as next weeks Seahawks game goes well the last time the Niners blasted an NFC power they laid an egg the next week and thus can't let the same thing happen when they host a desperate Seattle team next week.