Top 12 Teams By Tiers

mdonnelly21

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Tier 1: 1) Eagles 2) 49ers 3) Ravens 4) Chiefs 5) Dolphins 6) Cowboys, these are Super Bowl contenders and can beat one another any given week. 

Tier 2: 7) Lions 8 ) Jaguars 

Tier 3: 9) Texans

No one else really worth mentioning right now imo…

I should have included Texans on the last tier. 

On 11/30/2023 at 4:57 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Tier 1: 1) Eagles 2) 49ers 3) Ravens 4) Chiefs 5) Dolphins 6) Cowboys, these are Super Bowl contenders and can beat one another any given week. 

Tier 2: 7) Lions 8 ) Jaguars 

Tier 3: 9) Texans

No one else really worth mentioning right now imo…

Swap Eagles and Niners after this week. Everything else the same. Maybe Ravens over Eagles as #2 after how bad the Eagles got destroyed. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No clue how you put the Eagles above the Ravens in their current state of affairs but ok

The Eagles are stumbling, much like the Niners did for 3 games before winning 6. I’m looking more at overall talent and who’d I take one on one. 

I like the Ravens. Love Lamar. I like talent they have on both sides of the ball. IMO, Eagles have a little more talent and are a deeper team at key areas (trenches) than the Ravens. 49ers & Eagles have been the best two teams since last season IMO and that hasn’t changed. 

Then I have the Dolphins, Ravens and Lions as very good teams with some great talent at key areas, but they haven’t had the consistent success of the top 2.

Then I have Jags, Chiefs and Cowboys. Good teams but have some major question marks for me. Cowboys- winning on the road, Chiefs- Receivers and drops, Jags- Lawrence and health. But they could shock someone. 

Then I have about ten teams that could be in the mix but I’m not taking any of them over any of these teams. 

On 12/1/2023 at 8:28 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

In practical terms:

Tier 1:  K.C. and S.F.

Tier 2: Balt and Phil

Tier 3: Miam, Jkvl, Dall, and Detr

Tier 4: Pitt, Clev, Hous, Minn, Seat, and Atla

I don’t disagree, but the Browns did beat SF, Baltimore, and Jacksonville. They’ve beaten every team they’ve played in the tiers above them.

That said, with our injuries, we could lose to the Panthers and it wouldn’t be shocking. 

• Like 1

Tier One
1. 49ers
2. Ravens
3. Bills
- Great teams with X factors, few flaws, great coaching, great talent, and momentum… as long as they stay relatively healthy (and make the playoffs) I’m confident we see these teams representing their divisions within the conference championship game.

Tier Two
4. Chiefs
5. Eagles
6. Dolphins
7. Rams
8. Cowboys
- Similar to the above squads, only they have some combination of less momentum, greater team flaws, less x-factors, less consistency, etc. that gives me more pause.

Tier Three
9. Browns
10. Lions
11. Jags
- They have an outside chance, but I don’t think these squads have the health, momentum, or playmakers to get the job done. But they all have grit and moxy and all have the ability to be the types of squads that I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a run… I just wouldn’t expect it to happen.

Tier Four
- The other teams might make the playoffs, but I don’t really view them as having a legitimate shot to win a ring. I look at them similar to Tier Three only without the x-factor/s on defense or offense to mount a surprise run at a SB win. Perhaps they can surprise and make it to the divisional round, but can’t see any team not listed making it through all the obstacles in their path to a ring.