Pats 2024 Draft.

m haynes

What do you think the market for the 3rd overall pick even is?  Obviously a lot of talking lately about whether the Pat's should keep 3rd OA or trade back to stock pile picks.  With the Falcons signing Cousins, the team's who you think would even consider this would be the Vikings and maybe the Raiders...  with the value that those teams, especially the Vikings, would have to give up to get to 3, and the number of outlets reporting that Drake Mayes stocking is tumbling fast, how motivated do you think these teams are even going to be to make a deal like that.  If I'm the Vikings, I'm not giving up 3 years worth the 1st round picks if Maye is a huge red flag other QB prospects are out there.  And if I'm the Patriots, I'm not going back to 11 unless I'm getting that kings ransom.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, prob2236 said:

What do you think the market for the 3rd overall pick even is?  Obviously a lot of talking lately about whether the Pat's should keep 3rd OA or trade back to stock pile picks.  With the Falcons signing Cousins, the team's who you think would even consider this would be the Vikings and maybe the Raiders...  with the value that those teams, especially the Vikings, would have to give up to get to 3, and the number of outlets reporting that Drake Mayes stocking is tumbling fast, how motivated do you think these teams are even going to be to make a deal like that.  If I'm the Vikings, I'm not giving up 3 years worth the 1st round picks if Maye is a huge red flag other QB prospects are out there.  And if I'm the Patriots, I'm not going back to 11 unless I'm getting that kings ransom.

It's wait and see.  You will hear more when it gets closer to the draft.  I have watched the draft since Kiper was 18 years old. Trust me on this. There are tons of brain dead owners and GM's through out the years. The Jets Woody, Lyons Matt Millen and the Browns take your pick total S show,  were head and shoulders the worse.

It's like clock work, some fool will give up a ransom for a ticket sale player (MHJ)  or a chance to get the future super star QB that will put them in the super bowl. Ya right !!!

1. The Cards might trade up to secure MHJ.

2. Bears might for Williams and MHJ draft.  PR move to soften the fans for giving up Fields. Not likely.

3. Vikings but that past 8th pick which is the brake point , stars in the draft.  They would have to be real dumb and give up the farm for the Pats to make a trade.

4. Raider but I don't see it. They have the young QB they would trade but not give anything worth the Pats trading away 3. . However the owner is a idiot, hmmmm !!!!!!!

There is no one else that would move up with enough assets to make the Pats trade the pick.  This year they need picks badly to fill the roster. Future picks are great but not this year.

Also if I'm the Pats I would move down with (SMART) small trades if the board doesn't fall as projected. EX Alt. Onu, Nabers fall out of top 10 or J.J. McCarthy goes in the top 10 !!!  I told you, idiots.

Edited by m haynes

Anyone listen to the Boston sports radio heads?  You'd think the sky was falling based on how the first 5 hrs of free agency have gone.  Anyone else feel the same?  I'm really not all that bother with the lack of activity.

• Like 1

I’m really big on the idea of trading down still. I like the idea of drafting Joe Alt and acquiring picks. Second round I’d like to see Troy Franklin, Xavier Leggett, or Malachi Corley.

If it’s Daniels or Maye at pick three, then Patrick Paul in the second would be the way I go and then trade up into the early or middle of the second for one of the aforementioned receivers. Maybe Roman Wilson is there in the third still.

Lot of talented receivers this year but a lot of guys that I think will be fools gold as far as their hype/potential, despite most ultimately lasting in the league for 5-6 seasons easily. MHJ, Odunze, BTJ, AD Mitchell, Worthy, Keon Coleman, Ladd all fall into that category as steady, sure-fire NFL players that I think fall short of their projected ceilings by fans and professionals alike yet last for years in the NFL.

26 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I’m really big on the idea of trading down still. I like the idea of drafting Joe Alt and acquiring picks. Second round I’d like to see Troy Franklin, Xavier Leggett, or Malachi Corley.

If it’s Daniels or Maye at pick three, then Patrick Paul in the second would be the way I go and then trade up into the early or middle of the second for one of the aforementioned receivers. Maybe Roman Wilson is there in the third still.

Lot of talented receivers this year but a lot of guys that I think will be fools gold as far as their hype/potential, despite most ultimately lasting in the league for 5-6 seasons easily. MHJ, Odunze, BTJ, AD Mitchell, Worthy, Keon Coleman, Ladd all fall into that category as steady, sure-fire NFL players that I think fall short of their projected ceilings by fans and professionals alike yet last for years in the NFL.

Brenden Rice and Ricky Pearsall I like in the third round fwiw.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:12 PM, prob2236 said:

And now with Minshew to raiders.  Not a great QB but might indicate that they ain't interested in a trade up.

The league has shown there is no market for Fields?

On 3/11/2024 at 9:30 PM, prob2236 said:

Anyone listen to the Boston sports radio heads?  You'd think the sky was falling based on how the first 5 hrs of free agency have gone.  Anyone else feel the same?  I'm really not all that bother with the lack of activity.

I guess it’s because they expected something different with BB gone. This does feel like a very Belichikian offseason so far. 

but Rome wasn’t built in a day so…

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

hype/potential,

I could care less about this crap. The draft Bucky's do that every year.

What I look at, can they play at the next level.  IMO all you need is WRs (group) that can play. The hype WR crap is for fantasy league fans.   Give me guys like Branch, Welker and Danny. Guy's that you know can play at the next level.

There a (some)guys that you listed that can play the 2 at the next level and if your lucky one turn out to be a star. I takes #2 wr group all day.

IMO  Conkey could be a star, there is no weakness in his game. He could be the next Kupp or he's a damn good #2.

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

IMO  Conkey could be a star, there is no weakness in his game. He could be the next Kupp or he's a damn good #2.

Ladd is the one name in the group I listed as falling short who I could see with the others as borderline prolific pros. Malik Nabers, Roman Wilson, Xavier Leggett, Ladd McConkey, Troy Franklin, Malachi Corley, Brenden Rice, Ricky Pearsall.

• Like 1

Here is a great tape on Maye. This is real problem/concern at the next level,  where the game is so much faster.  Is he Jay Cutler?  Warner does a great job pointing out his faults.  Do you use a 3? What does he have over Bo Nix other than a stronger arm. Note: I have not look deep into Nix's is game. Been lazy, just going on comments made, so far.

https://youtu.be/xCkyvl-Dcvk

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Here is a great tape on Maye. This is real problem/concern at the next level,  where the game is so much faster.  Is he Jay Cutler?  Warner does a great job pointing out his faults.  Do you use a 3? What does he have over Bo Nix other than a stronger arm. Note: I have not look deep into Nix's is game. Been lazy, just going on comments made, so far.

https://youtu.be/xCkyvl-Dcvk

The two major things I think about with Maye vs. Daniels are that Maye is younger and bigger with a really impressive season but then regressed more than hoped with a lot of change around him. Daniels progressed each year culminating in his best year right before the draft and he has far more dynamic athleticism as well that makes his floor higher. The issue with that floor might be his running style lending itself to injury. Both need to be coached up as passers. I think both are worth risking it for but I’m happy to take Joe Alt over all.