Pats 2024 Draft.

m haynes

If Wolf brings the "Packer way" to New England then I think Drake Maye with no hesitation to sit him for a year if he or the team isn't ready.  Everyone compares Maye to Herbert but he I think the better comparison is Jordan Love.

• Like 1

I feel like the Patriots have to go QB in the first and OT in the second. So, I think you have to start looking at WR that will be around in the third and fourth. Roman Wilson will likely still be available as will Brenden Rice, both of these guys looked really good senior bowl week. 

7 hours ago, prob2236 said:

If Wolf brings the "Packer way" to New England then I think Drake Maye with no hesitation to sit him for a year if he or the team isn't ready.  Everyone compares Maye to Herbert but he I think the better comparison is Jordan Love.

I'd be shocked if Washington passes on Maye, but maybe they'll fall in love with Daniels and we get lucky..

2 minutes ago, Vachon777 said:

I'd be shocked if Washington passes on Maye, but maybe they'll fall in love with Daniels and we get lucky..

It seems like everyone is down on Maye right now, but I love the idea of the Pat's getting Maye.  He's only 21.  Patriots need to accept that this isn't a one year rebuild, take their time with Maye even if that means he rides the bench this year.  Spend this off-season and next off-season building around him, and by the time he does step into the starter role that kid is going to fly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jofos said:

I feel like the Patriots have to go QB in the first and OT in the second. So, I think you have to start looking at WR that will be around in the third and fourth. Roman Wilson will likely still be available as will Brenden Rice, both of these guys looked really good senior bowl week. 

I like both of those options, especially Rice if he is there in the third which there is a good chance of I’d bet.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I like both of those options, especially Rice if he is there in the third which there is a good chance of I’d 

Arent Rice and Wilson projected to be more slot type guys?  I'd love to have either but I wonder if having Demario Douglas would have them searching for a receiver more able to play an outside game.  What do you think of Malachi Corley?  Another smallish receiver that could around the Pat's 3rd rnd pick.

in just looking over some of your posts here, guys, it look like you feel the Pats should stand pat and take a QB at 3, hopefully Maye if he's there.

so why all the chitter chatter online about NE being willing to trade down?

Sincerely,
a Vikings fan who would like to trade up

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

in just looking over some of your posts here, guys, it look like you feel the Pats should stand pat and take a QB at 3, hopefully Maye if he's there.

so why all the chitter chatter online about NE being willing to trade down?

Sincerely,
a Vikings fan who would like to trade up

because they probably should to get picks and still draft the top left tackle

56 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

sounds good to me.

what are sportswriter in NE saying is the likelihood?

I think the narrative of trading down is coming more from the sports writers than it is the fans.  I think most fans prefer to stand pat, but want MHJ to be the pick.  A lot of fans are in love with idea of have a top notch receiver, even of you don't have a QB or line to protect that QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prob2236 said:

I think the narrative of trading down is coming more from the sports writers than it is the fans.  I think most fans prefer to stand pat, but want MHJ to be the pick.  A lot of fans are in love with idea of have a top notch receiver, even of you don't have a QB or line to protect that QB.

maybe we'll deal with Arizona....

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

sounds good to me.

what are sportswriter in NE saying is the likelihood?

i mean fans want the shiny toy. so marvin harrison jr they like because of the name. fans are also sort of weary about qb because everyone has a different favorite and dont want to get the one that falls to them just because the guy is available. they want a pick of conviction. its sort of bittersweet. picking third overall is unusually high so its exciting but a lot of people think realistically they know it might make the most sense to get a lot of picks/players by trading down. But people also dont want to trade out of the top 5 or top 10. they want a bluechip guaranteed stud. however there is no consensus anywhere and reports especially combine week are misleading so or intentional to some end.

in short: no idea

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

But people also dont want to trade out of the top 5 or top 10. they want a bluechip guaranteed stud.

we got #11 for ya!

but at the same time, the cost of the Vikings going up to the Pats' #3 is listed at three 1st round picks, minimum. so i'm really not wild to do that to our near future either.

so perhaps getting JJ McCarthy at 11 or slightly higher for less than those three 1st's would be the way we go.

good fortune to you guys! i've been a Pats admirer for a long time, and before it was fashionable to do so.

Edited by vike daddy