MNF

Beck Bristow

3 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Can't wait for the announcers to change the subject to Florida State getting screwed, especially if the Jags get up 10 plus at any point.

Did they? Feels like a hard decision. On one hand, undefeated conference champ is hard to pass by, but they do have a diminished team without their QB. I think the team Alabama brings us clearly the better team between the two. But FSU would have felt better 

4 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Did they? Feels like a hard decision. On one hand, undefeated conference champ is hard to pass by, but they do have a diminished team without their QB. I think the team Alabama brings us clearly the better team between the two. But FSU would have felt better 

It's all political, and the way they "change" the criteria to make sure they get the bluebloods in is getting old.  Undefeated Power 5 is Undefeated Power 5.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

It's all political, and the way they "change" the criteria to make sure they get the bluebloods in is getting old.  Undefeated Power 5 is Undefeated Power 5.

Florida State is a big name brand. I'd think if they looked good in the championship they would have made it. Of course, on the other hand, in a month maybe they'd be able to do some damage.  But if it were up to me, they'd be in and Alabama out. 

ahh.. it does suck for FSU

but one of the criteria in the rules is that they have to take in to consideration if a player gets hurt and is out.

They have been just getting by bad teams since he went down. 

honestly though, I don't care.. No Bucks so I just want meatchicken to lose and FSU would have no chance.

19 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Florida State is a big name brand. I'd think if they looked good in the championship they would have made it. Of course, on the other hand, in a month maybe they'd be able to do some damage.  But if it were up to me, they'd be in and Alabama out. 

They haven't been relevant for two decades.  If Georgia had won, Texas would also be out with the four undefeated Power 5s all in.  But they had to make sure the SEC had one.  If Auburn would have held on the week before, they probably would have put georgia in anyway and FSU still gets in.  they care nothing about the Big 12.  Texas only got in to avoid all the hell they would have taken for letting "bama in but somehow left the Longhorns out.  

And if Alabama was seen as a powerhouse, why did they spend so much time hovering around 7-8 until they finally jumped after Championship weekend?

Edited by INbengalfan

Hey Beck, the over hit. I think the Bengals should tank the rest of the season to improve our draft position. We're basically locked into a last place finish in the division and a 4th place schedule for next season. But we can also give more playing time to some guys on rookie contracts or cheap veteran deals to see if they deserve to be on the team next year. Charlie Jones, Yoshi, Chase Brown, etc. Even Carman and D'Ante Smith.

And yes, FSU got screwed. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Hey Beck, the over hit. I think the Bengals should tank the rest of the season to improve our draft position. We're basically locked into a last place finish in the division and a 4th place schedule for next season. But we can also give more playing time to some guys on rookie contracts or cheap veteran deals to see if they deserve to be on the team next year. Charlie Jones, Yoshi, Chase Brown, etc. Even Carman and D'Ante Smith.

And yes, FSU got screwed. 

🤣

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

They haven't been relevant for two decades.  If Georgia had won, Texas would also be out with the four undefeated Power 5s all in.  But they had to make sure the SEC had one.  If Auburn would have held on the week before, they probably would have put georgia in anyway and FSU still gets in.  they care nothing about the Big 12.  Texas only got in to avoid all the hell they would have taken for letting "bama in but somehow left the Longhorns out.  

And if Alabama was seen as a powerhouse, why did they spend so much time hovering around 7-8 until they finally jumped after Championship weekend?

That's fair. I just remember it from when I was a kid and FSU was a big deal.