Week 14: VIKINGS (6-6) at Raiders (5-7)

swede700

1 minute ago, joeybrowner47 said:

I haven’t went through all 27 pages of banter guys but has anyone addressed why Hall hasn’t been given another chance? He looked solid against Atlanta and it’s pretty obvious that Dobbs and Mullens aren’t the answer. 

Because he's the 3rd QB. 

Hall didn't play in Atlanta because he was the backup QB, he played because he was the only healthy QB that could realistically be expected to play. 

• Like 1

Just now, vike daddy said:

did we recover 2 fumbles and had 1 int?

Fumble
(9:16) (Shotgun) A.O'Connell pass short right to H.Renfrow to MIN 18 for 2 yards (J.Metellus). FUMBLES (J.Metellus), RECOVERED by MIN-M.Blackmon at MIN 16.

Interception
(1:57) (Shotgun) A.O'Connell pass short left intended for D.Adams INTERCEPTED by I.Pace at LV 34. I.Pace to LV 34 for no gain (D.Adams).

Fumble
(:07) (Shotgun) A.O'Connell pass short left to D.Adams to MIN 45 for 24 yards. Lateral to G.Van Roten to MIN 40 for 5 yards. FUMBLES, touched at MIN 40, RECOVERED by MIN-J.Ward at MIN 40.

NFL.com

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Because he's the 3rd QB. 

Hall didn't play in Atlanta because he was the backup QB, he played because he was the only healthy QB that could realistically be expected to play. 

Yeah I realize he had to play because there was literally no one else. Nonetheless he looks better than anyone else we have and I’m hoping that KOC agrees with me and gives him another chance. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

17 punts between the 2 teams. I wonder where that ranks in NFL history?

The Giants and Jets set a mark on Sunday that neither team will be bragging out.

Jamie Gillan of the Giants and Thomas Morstead of the Jets combined for 24 punts on a rainy afternoon in East Rutherford in a game eventually won by the Jets in overtime, 13-10.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2023/10/29/giants-jets-punts-combine-for-most-in-nfl-game-since-2003/71374433007/

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I'm not sure one drive is enough to say that he looks better. 

He DID look very poised for a rookie on both drives.  But, it should be remembered that he was probably still using the "scripted plays", because the first drive was so short.  Let's see how he does when the scripted plays run out.