Week 14: VIKINGS (6-6) at Raiders (5-7)

swede700

21 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Do you honestly think we have a chance in those 4 games with the current qb’s? Maybe I’m in the minority but I have zero faith in Dobbs or Mullens 

I don't know how to tell you this, but they've won 7 games so far.

It doesn't really matter who I have faith in. KOC is going to start the QB that he believes gives them the best chance to win, and again -for emphasis- they're going to prioritize winning not "evaluating" Hall. They did that in training camp and preseason and decided Mullens was better.

As it stands the depth chart is:

Dobbs

Mullens

Hall

Would be a pretty silly look for Hall to suddenly jump both.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Ugly game but what a game by Pace Jr!

It's sad that we are wasting this defense but maybe they'll carry us to a win or 2 in the playoffs

Hopefully they can keep it going another year. Just isn’t our year this year but we’re managing to stay relevant. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

That’s the most Viking thing ever. Been literally looking for a franchise quarterback since Fran and Browning wasn’t good enough to even be a backup with us. 

Up until two weeks ago, multiple fanbases were beside themselves because their team didn't trade for Dobbs. 

Happy for Browning and hope his level of play continues, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

It's sad though that I'm stuck with Fran Tarkenton (a QB who came before my time and thus with whom I have no emotional connection) and Daunte Culpepper's fumbling roll whenever I play Madden with LEGEND rosters.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I'll agree Dobbs and Mullens are serviceable QBs, but Dobbs' accuracy was a HUGE problem today.    Sure JJ made a play on one of those bad throws and it knocked if out of the game.   The only two I'd consider drops were KJ's.  

The biggest problem for Dobbs was his timing.  Second, I think he let's mistakes rattle him; it's like after that first near-pick on the out to JJ caused him to overthink his throws.  He saw or felt things that weren't there.   Mullens at least turned it loose on time.  

The drops I'm thinking of are the 2 by Osborn (there might have been a 3rd tbh). Nailor had one before Dobbs took the sack that knocked them out of FG range which was really bad and would have been a 1st down 

And there was another play by Hockenson that was not a drop. It was the deep comeback that the defender got his hand on late. It was a tough catch and I don't hang it too much on Hockenson, but I just once want to see him come down with a catch like that, to just make the big big play that he's paid a lot of money to make. That drive ended in the missed FG I believe. If Hock makes that catch on an a mostly accurate ball by Dobbs they're in the RZ.

Anyway. The reason I was defending Dobbs play early is because he was making smart decisions in keeping the ball safe and not playing hero ball. He was playing within himself and offense. But wasn't getting a ton of help from everybody else and Oakland's defense was lights out early. So the result were very poor but the process looked ok (which hasn't been the case with him so far).

But as the game wore on, it looked like he wasn't trusting his reads and waiting for receivers to be all the way open instead throwing with anticipation. He looked really tight and afraid of making mistakes.

If that's all it was, idk.... I might be willing to keep rolling with him and say if he can put those two things together -playing loose and trusting his reads, but also not taking unnecessary risk- then I think he's a better option than Mullens. And maybe if I'm KOC I want to take a chance on that 

But

The dangerous, dangerous hospital balls are too critical of mistakes. I just don't think you can look at your receiving room at tell them, "yeah we're gonna keep playing this guy."

Ugh... This team deserved better than what its gotten this year. 😕

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Up until two weeks ago, multiple fanbases were beside themselves because their team didn't trade for Dobbs. 

Happy for Browning and hope his level of play continues, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

It's sad though that I'm stuck with Fran Tarkenton (a QB who came before my time and thus with whom I have no emotional connection) and Daunte Culpepper's fumbling roll whenever I play Madden with LEGEND rosters.

Yeah I feel like people are a little quick to crown Browning as the one that got away

• Like 1

I think there was another tough catch that Addison dropped as well iirc.

Problem is I can't totally remember it, only visualize it. a sideline throw that bounce out of his hands (?).

Mullens might have been in by then.

Regardless, this team has needed it's play makers to step up on offense more than they have imo.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I think there was another tough catch that Addison dropped as well iirc.

Problem is I can't totally remember it, only visualize it. a sideline throw that bounce out of his hands (?).

Mullens might have been in by then.

Regardless, this team has needed it's play makers to step up on offense more than they have imo.

I think he was focused on keeping his feet in bounds 

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think he was focused on keeping his feet in bounds 

Sure. It would have been a tough catch and I know I'm being unreasonable at a certain point. It just would have been nice to see someone make a play.

Maybe that's the big take away for me from this afternoon, nobody on offense wanted to step up and make a big play.

It's a little trite tbh, but with the quarterback situation being what it is.... People gotta step up 

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Sure. It would have been a tough catch and I know I'm being unreasonable at a certain point. It just would have been nice to see someone make a play.

Maybe that's the big take away for me from this afternoon, nobody on offense wanted to step up and make a big play.

It's a little trite tbh, but with the quarterback situation being what it is.... People gotta step up 

Hockenson caught the pass after the tip and Jefferson had a nice catch but yeah they weren't making the tough catches

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think it's tied. Pittsburgh won a game against Miami 3-0 back in 2007.

I don't remember the game, but I do remember the rain in Pittsburgh!

Maybe that's only during The SuperBowl era 1967-2023. 

The Lions and Giants played to a 0-0 tie in 1943.

And I'd bet there were a couple 0-0 regular season finishes, due to bad weather and field conditions back in the 1920s and '30s.

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 1