2023 Week #14 TNF Steelers 7-5 Host Patriots 2-10

Steeler Hitman

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Watt - Consussion

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-olb-tj-watt-placed-in-concussion-protocol/

but red hat "doctor" allows dark visor put on TJ's helmet 

so he can play.

then next day after he plays the game, he enters concussion protocol?

is there something rather odd about all this? 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Leal (lb/dl) - benched

so is this official, they finally gave up on him ?

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It doesn't take a genius to come to a conclusion that he was symptomatic and still allowed to return to the game. I would imagine someone may get in trouble for this, even if it is the independent doctor.

goodell nfl independent might not be what we and websters considers independent.   :ph34r:

would this be the first time they put players health at risk?  

I doubt Watt AND Highsmith play.  Highsmith was said to have a neck injury which  could be worse than a concussion anyways. This gives tomlin some excuses but also would cause controversy for the blue tent . What gives (jeopardy theme is playing) ?

Edited by 3rivers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

goodell nfl independent might not be what we and websters considers independent.   :ph34r:

would this be the first time they put players health at risk?  

With the Tua thing last year the NFLPA terminated the doctor that cleared him to go back in the game.

I'd be surprised if this didn't have the same result.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

With the Tua thing last year the NFLPA terminated the doctor that cleared him to go back in the game.

I'd be surprised if this didn't have the same result.

blame game

independent/private  same thing in the nfl

the league is a joke, especially after what happened last year.  The league allowed it to happen last year and if Tua didn't get re-injured as obvious as it was, that 'doctor' probably would still be on goodells payroll

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

With money to spend, the Steelers should be in the running for most FA.  The losing part will drag them down

I feel like laying out a plan for QB would have a major impact. I’m keeping an eye on Fields, and as much as I would hate it, Murray (I think AZ could go Jayden Daniels). I might try to make the jump high for a QB too early in the offseason to signal were in on fixing QB and use cap space to shore up other things, despite my personal feeling we should be a year away from that. 

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel like laying out a plan for QB would have a major impact. I’m keeping an eye on Fields, and as much as I would hate it, Murray (I think AZ could go Jayden Daniels). I might try to make the jump high for a QB too early in the offseason to signal were in on fixing QB and use cap space to shore up other things, despite my personal feeling we should be a year away from that. 

I still do not think they are drafting a QB high.  They will give KP at least another year.

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

I still do not think they are drafting a QB high.  They will give KP at least another year.

I think that will be the biggest prevention in FA against overpaying FA’s. I kinda hope that Weidl throws some weight around in this since he was the biggest voice in the room that wasn’t there for the drafting of Kenny. The OC thing that worried me is they will look for someone that can work with Kenny, rather than getting someone good and asking what they need to make it work to adjust draft strategy for that. 

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

With Tomlin going into a contract, potentially make or break year,  I cant see him not pushing to bring soneone in.   I do agree they very likely won't draft QB high, but I will be shocked if they dont look at sime veterans to replace Trubisky and push Kenny.    

Back when it looked like we were potentially playoff bound, I felt like both Kenny and Trubisky would be back.

Now, I don't think there is any way they can sit on their hands another year.    I could very much see them making a run at Cousins if he hits the market.

Kenny will still be on the team next year....but Im no longer convinced he will definitely be the starter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

With Tomlin going into a contract, potentially make or break year,  I cant see him not pushing to bring soneone in.   I do agree they very likely won't draft QB high, but I will be shocked if they dont look at sime veterans to replace Trubisky and push Kenny.    

Back when it looked like we were potentially playoff bound, I felt like both Kenny and Trubisky would be back.

Now, I don't think there is any way they can sit on their hands another year.    I could very much see them making a run at Cousins if he hits the market.

Kenny will still be on the team next year....but Im no longer convinced he will definitely be the starter.

My issue with Cousins is what more does he get you than in the playoffs and a big cap hit? It would take us out of any other FA moves most likely. 

I’m a bit of a coaching nerd (if there’s such a thing) and I’ve been thinking about why coaches tend to “bring players” when they take a job, and I came across this quote from Jeff Hecklinski:

”Culture doesn’t change when a coach tells a players he’s wrong. It changes when players tell other players: no that’s not how we do things here.”

@rlon asked in another thread who Cam and Minkah (even Muth) were referring to, and thinking of the above quote, that player(s) knows who they are and saying it in the locker room just wasn’t enough anymore. 

47 minutes ago, warfelg said:

My issue with Cousins is what more does he get you than in the playoffs and a big cap hit? It would take us out of any other FA moves most likely. 

Perhaps, but thats a step up from what we have now, and an improvement at QB would save more jobs than an improvement at any other position.

For the record, I am not saying I love the idea of signing Cousins.  I'd be okay with it for the right money, but I wouldn't overpay.

I am just saying I cant see them not looking for someone to at least challenge Kenny.   You mentioned Fields, who would barely move the needle.   Murray is too much of risk and would probably cost as much as Cousins if he hits the market.   

I don't know what will happen....but I foresee some major moves on offense, and I will be really shocked if that doesn't include changes at QB.   I could see us signing someone and drafting a day 3 guy....even though Im not big on that idea.

• Like 1