2024 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

I'd love myself some Troy Franklin. Him and Mitchell are guys I think would be good fits for us in the 1st (assuming Brian Thomas is out of reach at #31/32). 

Ainas Smith could be an interesting fit for us as well. Not my favourite small WR in the class though - I'd love us to have a look at Malik Washington Day 3

On 2/5/2024 at 8:03 PM, onejayhawk said:

As he is today.

I strongly doubt that he would make it through day #2. The question is whether he would make it through day #1.

Now has character concerns as well.  As a fan base we tend to overvalue these guys.  Fact of the matter is, if he was first round talent, he would have seen the playing field last year a heck of a lot more with how terrible our receivers are. I want the guy to hit too, but it’s time to stop with “but we have Ross,” if we take a round 1 WR and he comes on strong then we actually have 3 good wide outs hopefully, doesn’t sound like a problem to me.

If he’s a lemon, then we’ve lost little to nothing UNLESS we continue to ignore the position as we did this year.  To me Ross is an absolute non-factor in our draft plan. Going into camp his only advantage is knowing the playbook/Mahomes.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2024 at 6:06 PM, RedGold said:

Don’t really speak on rankings until the declare deadline is passed, but here’s some guys I like.

25.Brian Thomas Jr.WR LSU

57.T'Vondre SweatDT Texas

89.Devontez WalkerWR North Carolina

121.Theo JohnsonTE Penn State

158.DeWayne CarterDT Duke

217.Sione VakiS Utah

That’s a very good draft for us, though we certainly need to do something about Tackle in FA. Which I’m not against. Walker is my second favorite WR in this draft behind Malachi Corley, dude just has ball player written all over him.  Had the same feelings when I watched Rice/Reed’s videos last year.

The other guy that just intrigues me is Johnny Wilson 6’7” 245 at WR? Plus guy has bricks for hands on routine catches…could fit right in as an affordable replacement for MVS. In all seriousness, if you watch his HIGHLIGHTS, it makes you wonder what kind of catches he’s dropping, because guy takes a hit, is going up over guys, reaching back for stuff, catching low passes…

1) 31- Brian Thomas, Jr., WR, LSU; #25 on the PFN board; gotta take him.

2) 63- Darius Robinson, DL/Edge, Missouri

3) 94- Maason Smith, DL, LSU; it may be that KC let's Chris Jones walk. There's some fine DT's here.

4) 131- Anthony Belton, OT, NC State; there are a few OT's here. Maybe another choice?

Edited by mayanfootball

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Defense heavy draft. The first 3 picks are positions of need.

1-32 Darius Robinson, DL/Edge, Missouri

2-63 Cedric Gray, LB, N.Carolina

3-95 Maason Smith, DT, LSU

4-133 Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State

Interesting to not have a WR or CB.

Just messing around a bit;

32Jordan Morgan    OT | Arizona 

64 Ruke Orhorhoro  DL | Clemson 

95 Jonathon Brooks  RB | Texas

133 Javon Baker  WR | UCF

158 Mohamed Kamara EDGE | Colorado State

172 Jaylan Ford LB | Texax

Four times with the same list. All that changes is the priorities and the Loose/Tight setting.

On all four of these, we would have traded the first pick because there was a QB sliding.

32: EDGE Laiatu Latu - UCLA
64: WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina
95: RB Blake Corum - Michigan
132: S Jaden Hicks - Washington State

32: OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona
64: DL Maason Smith - LSU
95: WR Ricky Pearsall - Florida
132: LB James Williams - Miami

64: LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson
95: DL Mekhi Wingo - LSU
132: WR Malik Washington - Virginia

32: OT JC Latham - Alabama
64: DL Braden Fiske - Florida State
95: LB Cedric Gray - UNC
132: WR Devaughn Vele - Utah

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Four times with the same list. All that changes is the priorities and the Loose/Tight setting.

On all four of these, we would have traded the first pick because there was a QB sliding.

64: WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina
95: RB Blake Corum - Michigan
132: S Jaden Hicks - Washington State

32: OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona
64: DL Maason Smith - LSU
95: WR Ricky Pearsall - Florida
132: LB James Williams - Miami

64: LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson
95: DL Mekhi Wingo - LSU
132: WR Malik Washington - Virginia

32: OT JC Latham - Alabama
64: DL Braden Fiske - Florida State
95: LB Cedric Gray - UNC
132: WR Devaughn Vele - Utah

You think Edge is that high huh? Where was Robinson on those picks?  He’s a guy with inside outside that I could see Spags pounding the table for.  Obviously we disagree on WR need, but that’s nothing new.  Lots could change by adding a guy like OBJ or Williams on incentive deals.  Hell I’d put a million dollar incentive in for no dropped passes!

22 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You think Edge is that high huh? Where was Robinson on those picks?  He’s a guy with inside outside that I could see Spags pounding the table for.  Obviously we disagree on WR need, but that’s nothing new.  Lots could change by adding a guy like OBJ or Williams on incentive deals.  Hell I’d put a million dollar incentive in for no dropped passes!

That's a BPA pick but Latu fits the Spagnuolo DL profile--long, lean, position flexible. 

Robinson is 15 picks gone. If he gets past #20 I could see trading up. Latu is nine picks lower on the list so he slides to us. 

It was a strange group. If you don't take OT in the 1st you don't get one.  

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That's a BPA pick but Latu fits the Spagnuolo DL profile--long, lean, position flexible. 

Robinson is 15 picks gone. If he gets past #20 I could see trading up. Latu is nine picks lower on the list so he slides to us. 

It was a strange group. If you don't take OT in the 1st you don't get one.  

I don’t totally agree on OT, I think guys like Jordan Morgan, Patrick Paul etc could be had top of 2.  But after them, I sure there’s a shift, not that I expect us NOT to take one but they might be less talent.  Then again, what round did we take Morris? Guess you never truly know.  I think our preference would still be a guy like Tyron Smith in FA, then focus on WR/DT or straight BPA.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I don’t totally agree on OT, I think guys like Jordan Morgan, Patrick Paul etc could be had top of 2.  But after them, I sure there’s a shift, not that I expect us NOT to take one but they might be less talent.  Then again, what round did we take Morris? Guess you never truly know.  I think our preference would still be a guy like Tyron Smith in FA, then focus on WR/DT or straight BPA.

We are at #32. That's not fundamentally different from being at the top of the 2nd round. 

These are simulations. What's interesting is how fast the OTs go off the board after the first round. As you say, Morgan and Paul are typically in the 30s. It's the 4 - 5      OT taken next that raise my eyebrows.  Suamataia, sure, and Fisher is reasonable, but Amegadjie in the 50s and Goncalves,  Belton, and Rosengarten in the 3rd. Bizarre.