Hey Art - Trade Mike

3rivers

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

this is the fans chance because he only has 1 year left on his deal, unless they give him a new deal. He hits UFA after 24

Like it or not, thats what will happen.    

Rooney doesn't want to outright FIRE Tomlin, so it can be viewed as a somewhat "Mutual separation" when his contract ends after next year.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Like it or not, thats what will happen.    

Rooney doesn't want to outright FIRE Tomlin, so it can be viewed as a somewhat "Mutual separation" when his contract ends after next year.

don't like it.

much better to trade him asap and get draft picks from a team and make sure to get a pick the following year as well. 

AR2 might be the main problem by the looks of it. 

I doubt I will watch next year and beyond unless major changes occur . The remainder of this year is comedy:

-they will lose the rest of their games unless Ravens rest all their starters last game

-mitch will play every snap he can despite how bad he is because tomlin doesn't like mason and CAN'T have mason show him up and play good. Thats a bad look right there

- cole will start as long as he can

-dionte will start and keep getting passes

- GP will get minimal involvement , tomlin or the OC doesn't like GP so they are punishing him

- Roberts is one of the few bright spots on the team

- najee will get more carries than Warren

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

here?

Its already been summarized pretty clearly through numerous posts what is 99.9% likely to happen...

@August4th -  "Doubt Tomlin gets traded. I think only 3 coaches have been dealt in the past 25 years. gruden, Payton and belichick. it rarely happens. "

@AFF - "Tomlin will be the Head Coach next year."

@43M -   "Rooney doesn't want to outright FIRE Tomlin, so it can be viewed as a somewhat "Mutual separation" when his contract ends after next year."

The chances of Tomlin not being here next year are slim to none.   Rooney doesn't want the media backlash that would come from straight canning Tomlin because he would be portrayed as a villain (even though Tomlin deserves it), but has an out after 2024, which will be even more justified if the Steelers suck next year (which is highly likely).

Trade is extremely unlikely for numerous reasons.   I dont believe Tomlin would agree to be traded to most teams...if any.   He would want to have full control over his future, and honestly, I could see CBS or Fox throwing him a huge bag of money to get him on their broadcast teams to eventually replace their aging guys.   I wouldn't be shocked if Tomlin decided to walk away for a couple years....or at least have the option.

My guess is Tomlin coaches the Steelers for the final time in 24, takes off 25 and maybe longer, and then comes back in a few years for a final 10 to 12 year run...unless he pulls a Cowher and stays in broadcasting, which is much less stressful and very lucrative for someone like him.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Fun fact:

5-7 head coach trades resulted in the HC winning a SB with the new team, and the team giving up the coach got nothing beneficial. 

3/7 times included a SB winning coach, and it resulted in the team giving up the coach netting a 1st and 3rd. 

I don't see tomlin winning a SB with another team unless the QB really lights it up and everything is in place already like when he arrived here. 

RD1 and RD3 would be nice though, but we know this isn't happening.  Even if we lose out badly, I can't see this happening. Apparently the steeler way is very patient, and as such this notion of moving on from tomlin goes against the steeler way I guess. 

Just think if you had a RD1 and RD3 from a team thats in the top 7 in the draft. You get the QB and start over while KP is the QB2 . Will our current QB even get a chance if he loses out the rest of this season?