The Nicky 'But the LT was open' Foles thread - ALL ABOARD!

ianlewis16

All I'll say is this.

Let's distinguish Doug's play calling from coaching. I don't think this is a hard concept but people nonetheless try to confuse the two.

Our coaching all year has been tremendous. You don't get to 11-2, with the injuries we've sustained, without solid coaching. Many of us thought the defensive secondary would be an absolute disaster this year. It hasn't been. Our coaches have been putting our players in a position to succeed on both sides of the ball. You have guys like Patrick Robinson who comes out of nowhere and plays like one of the better cover corners in the league. We've been able to minimize Jalen Mills who has even had really good games this season. We've gotten production out of irrelevant players like Corey Graham. We've turned Corey Clement into a productive RB.

Are the Eagles talented? Yes.
Did Carson Wentz make us special? Yes.
Did we catch some lucky breaks? Yes.

But the constant here is coaching. None of the coaches are injured. They're still the same guys. And there's a real threat that we lose these guys in the offseason. 

All of that to say that if there was ever an Eagles coaching staff that I'd have to trust with putting Nick Foles in a position to succeed RIGHT NOW, it's this one. Based on what we've seen this year, this is what I have to believe. I have to give the staff the benefit of the doubt. I know QB is a different beast, but we have a lot of QB support with Doug, DeFilippo, and Reich. Nick Foles will even have Carson helping him out as a pseudo-coach.

This is the ultimate test for this coaching staff. Unless Foles gets hurt and Sudfeld has to carry us. But I digress...

Archived