The Nicky 'But the LT was open' Foles thread - ALL ABOARD!

ianlewis16

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

They'll make a movie out of it so that they guy from Napoleon Dynamite can finally get another role.

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] From the makers of Napoleon Dynamite... the greatest sports story ever told.

Chip Kelly: "Nick, you're gonna go throw some tuddies. I want to see tuddies everywhere."
Nick Foles: "OK but do tuddies have sharp talons?"

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] The greatest Philadelphia comeback story since Rocky.

Howie: "Nick, you've been traded to the Rams."
Nick Foles: "Gosh!"

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] A story of heart break.

[Shows scenes of Foles and Wentz (played by Prince Harry) training together, and Foles watching Wentz get hurt.]

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] And doubt.

WIP: "Wentz is hurt and the season is over."
@BLick12 "Foles sucks."

[Shows scenes of Foles training in the gym.]

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] But from the ashes, he shall rise...

[Shows Foles being baptized by Wentz]
[Next scene is Foles walking out to the Super Bowl]

Just now, Phire said:

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] From the makers of Napoleon Dynamite... the greatest sports story ever told.

Chip Kelly: "Nick, you're gonna go throw some tuddies. I want to see tuddies everywhere."
Nick Foles: "OK but do tuddies have sharp talons?"

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] The greatest Philadelphia comeback story since Rocky.

Howie: "Nick, you've been traded to the Rams."
Nick Foles: "Gosh!"

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] A story of heart break.

[Shows scenes of Foles and Wentz (played by Prince Harry) training together, and Foles watching Wentz get hurt.]

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] And doubt.

WIP: "Wentz is hurt and the season is over."
@BLick12 "Foles sucks."

[Shows scenes of Foles training in the gym.]

[Movie Trailer-guy Voice] But from the ashes, he shall rise...

[Shows Foles being baptized by Wents]
[Next scene is Foles walking out to the Super Bowl]

Let me clarify the record and say that while I still think Foles sucks, I was still the most optimistic one on here after Wentz went down.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:19 PM, 808 said:

Epic game. Our fans showed up in strong fashion again. Too bad we suffered a tragic loss in the process. The mood was indifferent on the way out. I repped for the forum, voice nearly gone. 

We’re handing the keys to Nicky Fanchise, ride or die with the vet. Didn’t look overly impressive in relief duty today, but came in to game down on the scoreboard and held on to the win with help from the denfense. 

13 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

I was still the most optimistic one on here after Wentz went down.

I was too, see my post above from when I got home from the game.

I thought Foles was solid today. Yeah, some throws were off, but there isn't a QB in the league that goes an entire game without a few bad tosses. Hell, Rodgers even threw three picks today. It happens. For the most part Foles was able to avoid turning the ball over and looked pretty confident running this offense.

I really don't think Foles is going to be the liability many think. If anything, it's the left side of our OL that will be our doom, not Foles IMO. I'm not saying that based on today's performance, but what I needed to see was Nick being able to make all throws. I think he was fine today for the most part and it was great to see his command of the offense, which is relevant whether it's the Giants or not.

37 minutes ago, Phire said:

If Nick looks like this for the next two games, even if he implodes in the playoffs, probably a really nice pick.

I only trade him if the Wentz recovery is going well, which I anticipate... but if it's still a question whether he'll be good to good week 1 2018 in February/March/April, I keep Foles or trade him for a pick in this draft we can use on a QB for a contingency plan.

Archived