Week 14: Rams @ Ravens

Ray Reed

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Gus was 6 attempts for 15 yards, and I'm not saying Gus was bad. I think most of his attempts as soon as he got the ball, dudes were tackling him in the backfield. Mitchell had 9 for 54 but most of that production was from one run.

I feel like our offensive line is just so hit or miss with our run game? Sometimes they're good, but other times they're REALLY bad.

The wet conditions could have definitely made it harder for the O-lineman to pull and drive yesterday. 

Also the Rams were certainly pushing their safeties close to the LOS, hence all the deep shots. 

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah number 88. It looked like a block in the back. If it was from the side then yeah that’s why there was no call but from what I saw it looked like a block in the back. 

Again the refs were horrible the entire game on both sides so I’m not putting it past them on anything.

14:33, 0.25 speed. Kolar has the defender on his shoulder pad, never touches his back.

It looks like he does and aggressively throws him down in fast motion, but at 0.25x speed you can see that the defender, looks like #15, makes a poorly timed and poorly angled diving tackle attempt on Wallace’s return, which also serves to not only move himself out of the play but also prevents #18 on the Rams from engaging Wallace in pursuit.

Really #15 is the key to the play, if he doesn’t play hero ball there with that diving tackle, the Rams likely have too many bodies to not coral Wallace around the 35 yard line IMO. 

Not that he’s solely to blame there, but that appeared to be the most egregious error there.

he's gotten better at it but i don't really care for queen he still has instances where a WR will run over him 10 yards down the field and he still misses decent amount of tackles, i feel like his failures are being masked by being in a stacked defense, the price won't be worth it, i'll take the comp pick. Would like to keep madibibike. I don't think he's been quite as great as his double digit sacks indicate, but he's a great player about to enter his prime. The only question is if he's the type of guy to call it a career after he gets paid. if the FO is confident in him i think they'll make money for him, if not, then the 3rd round comp is nice. ill support whatever decision the FO makes on him.

26 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

he's gotten better at it but i don't really care for queen he still has instances where a WR will run over him 10 yards down the field and he still misses decent amount of tackles, i feel like his failures are being masked by being in a stacked defense, the price won't be worth it, i'll take the comp pick. Would like to keep madibibike. I don't think he's been quite as great as his double digit sacks indicate, but he's a great player about to enter his prime. The only question is if he's the type of guy to call it a career after he gets paid. if the FO is confident in him i think they'll make money for him, if not, then the 3rd round comp is nice. ill support whatever decision the FO makes on him.

I actually lean more towards wanting Queen right now than Madubuike, and I think Madubuike is going to be a guy who plays for a contract then phones it in.

Queen, on the other hand, literally flourished as soon as Roquan got here before he was even in a contract year, and he couldn't definitely phoned it in but he's embraced his role and since Ro and Queen play 100% of snaps in this defense i'd rather trust those 2 guys and find rotational pass rushers at this point.

Plus, I think Madubuike might get more on the market than Queen just from positional value so keeping Queen might be cheaper, who knows.