Week 14: Rams @ Ravens

Ray Reed

This was actually one of Lamar's best games of the season. The entire offense was passing and scrambling, and the team scored 31 with no short fields in rainy weather. Add in a clutch go-ahead TD with under two minutes. Special teams won it in the end, but Lamar bailed out a bad defense in the first 4 quarters. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

This was actually one of Lamar's best games of the season. The entire offense was passing and scrambling, and the team scored 31 with no short fields in rainy weather. Add in a clutch go-ahead TD with under two minutes. Special teams won it in the end, but Lamar bailed out a bad defense in the first 4 quarters. 

I definitely would not characterize this as one of his best games of the season. We got two really lucky touchdowns on blown coverages, but outside of that, the only production we saw was from the run game. Lamar was really inaccurate the whole day, but ultimately did come through when we needed on that last drive of the 4th Q.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I definitely would not characterize this as one of his best games of the season. We got two really lucky touchdowns on blown coverages

blown coverages are apart of the game, pretty sure  a lot of  qbs get does, when the run game wasn't working lamar was the run game, when the defense wasn't playing up to par,  he for sure had a good game, also he was sick and it was raining 

• Like 1

Good game. Didnt expect the Rams to beat the Ravens before the season or even heading into this game. Ive always thought this was going to be a Rams loss. I was shocked the Rams actually outplayed the Ravens and at the end shouldve won. No way the Rams shouldve given up a 3rd and 17 TD. That was game right there. And even with that if the Rams didnt give up that 2pc they wouldve won by one point bc the kicker made the FG on the next drive. So instead of it being 31-31 it wouldve been 31-29 Rams win.

But the refs were horrible on both sides all game. Im not going to complain about the non-holding calls bc the refs werent calling those all game long. That game-winning punt return in OT the refs clearly missed a block in the back. And the crazy thing is nobody is going to ever mention a missed block in the back every time that play is shown on tv. Gives me flashbacks of the NFCCG against the Saints when right before the half Goff threw it to Cooks and the defender clearly grabbed his facemask. The refs didnt even call it. Luckily Cooks still caught the ball and the Rams went on to score on that drive right before the half that gave them some momentum in that game and got them right back into that game.

So yeah it was a missed block in the back and at first someone said it was incidental so I had to go back and look at it again and it was no incidental. The Ravens player dove into the Rams guy pushing him in the back. So yeah just sucks to lose the way the Rams did regardless of how the Rams lost Im not upset bc I did have the Rams losing this game anyways. Im more upset about the Bengals loss and the Steelers loss bc the refs took two TDs off the board against the Bengals and McVay decided not to run the ball with Kyren for whatever reason. And the Steelers game Maher missed multiple kicks and the refs decided to not get the ball spotted right which took the Rams opportunity to drive the down the field to possibly send that game into OT. 

I am glad though that my guy OBJ had himself a nice game. Lamar helped my fantasy team although I will lose bc other players didnt do their jobs lol. This could be the Ravens year to get to the Superbowl by the way the entire AFC is looking so if there was ever a year Lamar can finally break through and get to the Superbowl and possibly win it this could be the year. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty happy with this win. I think both sides showed grit despite some obvious rust coming off the bye. Even without the punt return TD I think we win on that possession with at least a FG, but it was nice for Tylan to get a moment like that. He's been a strong STer for us and has fought through injuries since his arrival.

The Rams were kept afloat early by some drive extending penalties and throughout by the uber talents they have at WR. Stafford is obviously a great QB too, still has that special arm. All in all though it wasn't such a tough game.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

But the refs were horrible on both sides all game. Im not going to complain about the non-holding calls bc the refs werent calling those all game long. That game-winning punt return in OT the refs clearly missed a block in the back.

I saw some complaining that 88 Kolar made a block in the back, but when I saw the replay in looked like he pushed the Ram player in the side of the shoulder. Is that what you are referring to or was it another? 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I saw some complaining that 88 Kolar made a block in the back, but when I saw the replay in looked like he pushed the Ram player in the side of the shoulder. Is that what you are referring to or was it another? 

Yeah number 88. It looked like a block in the back. If it was from the side then yeah that’s why there was no call but from what I saw it looked like a block in the back. 

Again the refs were horrible the entire game on both sides so I’m not putting it past them on anything.

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Good game. Didnt expect the Rams to beat the Ravens before the season or even heading into this game. Ive always thought this was going to be a Rams loss. I was shocked the Rams actually outplayed the Ravens and at the end shouldve won. No way the Rams shouldve given up a 3rd and 17 TD. That was game right there. And even with that if the Rams didnt give up that 2pc they wouldve won by one point bc the kicker made the FG on the next drive. So instead of it being 31-31 it wouldve been 31-29 Rams win.

But the refs were horrible on both sides all game. Im not going to complain about the non-holding calls bc the refs werent calling those all game long. That game-winning punt return in OT the refs clearly missed a block in the back. And the crazy thing is nobody is going to ever mention a missed block in the back every time that play is shown on tv. Gives me flashbacks of the NFCCG against the Saints when right before the half Goff threw it to Cooks and the defender clearly grabbed his facemask. The refs didnt even call it. Luckily Cooks still caught the ball and the Rams went on to score on that drive right before the half that gave them some momentum in that game and got them right back into that game.

So yeah it was a missed block in the back and at first someone said it was incidental so I had to go back and look at it again and it was no incidental. The Ravens player dove into the Rams guy pushing him in the back. So yeah just sucks to lose the way the Rams did regardless of how the Rams lost Im not upset bc I did have the Rams losing this game anyways. Im more upset about the Bengals loss and the Steelers loss bc the refs took two TDs off the board against the Bengals and McVay decided not to run the ball with Kyren for whatever reason. And the Steelers game Maher missed multiple kicks and the refs decided to not get the ball spotted right which took the Rams opportunity to drive the down the field to possibly send that game into OT. 

Counterpoint: our center randomly snapping the ball out of the end zone for a safety for 2 points cancels that out. Without that safety the Lamar/Zay Flowers TD wins the game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

Run game needs to get going, ravens rushed for 139, 71 of that came from lamar  thats only 68 don't think that's sustainable 

Gus was 6 attempts for 15 yards, and I'm not saying Gus was bad. I think most of his attempts as soon as he got the ball, dudes were tackling him in the backfield. Mitchell had 9 for 54 but most of that production was from one run.

I feel like our offensive line is just so hit or miss with our run game? Sometimes they're good, but other times they're REALLY bad.

• Like 1