Post your reaction when Joe Flacco leads the Browns to their first Superbowl

Slingin' Sammy

The Browns were screwed by seeding priority for division winners.

Without that, they would have gotten the 3 seed and been the home team in their playoff game against the Texans, who would have only gotten the 6 seed, being above only Pittsburgh by way of H2H win. The Browns had the best home record in the AFC at 8-1, and second best overall behind Dallas. In contrast they were only 3-5 on the road. Had this been a home game, I bet they would have won.

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

The Browns were screwed by seeding priority for division winners.

Without that, they would have gotten the 3 seed and been the home team in their playoff game against the Texans, who would have only gotten the 6 seed, being above only Pittsburgh by way of H2H win. The Browns had the best home record in the AFC at 8-1, and second best overall behind Dallas. In contrast they were only 3-5 on the road. Had this been a home game, I bet they would have won.

the-office-door-steve-carell-5zhoewnm7md

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The sooner the NFL agrees with the NBA that making the playoffs is reward enough for winning your division the better off they will be.

I actually don't hate your take, but @DawgX gets the football because he made me laugh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The sooner the NFL agrees with the NBA that making the playoffs is reward enough for winning your division the better off they will be.

I don't want the NFL to be like the NBA. The NBA makes divisions largely meaningless. That's part of the fun of the NFL is that divisional matchups are so important.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I don't want the NFL to be like the NBA. The NBA makes divisions largely meaningless. That's part of the fun of the NFL is that divisional matchups are so important.

I’ve proposed a new schedule format for the NBA after expansion to Seattle and Vegas (the latter gets placed in the Pacific, all other MT/PT teams form the Mountain, OKC to the SW, Minnesota to the Central), wherein 80 of each team’s 82 games would follow a set formula:

2 games against all non-division opponents
6 or 7 games against each division opponent (5-team divisions)
5 or 6 games against each division opponent (6-team divisions)

Some of these games would be part of the in-season tournament group round, which would now have four groups of four teams in each conference. The remaining games on each team’s schedule would be determined based on how the in-season tournament plays out.

So yeah, the NBA has the opportunity to make divisional matchups meaningful again in terms of the regular seaosn schedule.

Besides, two interesting scenarios can come from my seeding proposal:

1. A division winner being so bad it gets saddled with the 7 seed in its conference and yet goes on to win the Super Bowl without ever having a chance at a home playoff game.

2. The top two seeds in the conference come from the same division, potentially setting up the biggest game in the history of the rivalry in the conference championship game

12 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Yes, that’s why the NFL has more fans, gets more views, and makes more money. 

• Like 1