Don't believe what some of us have been saying, tell me you know more than former Eagle Seth Joyner

downundermike

11 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Soooooo everything is great on offense then?  There is no excuse for an offense that has arguably the best offensive line in the NFL and 2 future HOF'ers, AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert to be playing as inefficiently as they are.  They've been out gained in 6 of their last 7 games and I don't believe they've had 400 yds of total offense in a game since the 1st Commanders game. 

They are averaging 6.5 points in the first half the last 4 weeks.

Edited by downundermike

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It will be even more hilarious watching you Mitches yet again pull a full 180° , Flip Flop your opinions on the 2023 Eagles because they what,  went on a 3-4 gm win streak vs MF Scrubs???

This is why Hate Cry baby Eagle Fans who panic after ever GD loss. Legit, can't stand you people!!

All of you Holla at me in January when you TRY to jump back on the MF train like cry baby *******, but get left in the freezing cold full on Snowpiercer Style! 🖕

Come on, Nabbs. I didn't expect this type of posts from a veteran member as yourself. If the Eagles choke which is a very real possibility and don't win a division or a playoff game will you change your stance? I don't think so. 

We are all fans here, we all want the Eagles to win every single game, but being able to point out the flaws before they explode in our faces doesn't make anyone less of a fan nor someone that think everything the Eagles do is right is a better fan or a real one. 

For so many years in here we should be able to accept the flaws in our team and want them to correct them not only when sh*t has hit the fan. If we should have learned anything from the Wentz era is that no one should be above criticism, being QB, owner, GM and coaches obviously but that is always the first thing to do because it is the most convenient one. 

31 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They are averaging 6.5 points in the first half the last 4 weeks.

I'm sure the 4 Top 5 Defenses we've faced had nothing to do with that occurring? 👌

Still no justification for all of our struggles but it's not like we were facing Scrubs. 

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Come on, Nabbs. I didn't expect this type of posts from a veteran member as yourself. If the Eagles choke which is a very real possibility and don't win a division or a playoff game will you change your stance? I don't think so. 

We are all fans here, we all want the Eagles to win every single game, but being able to point out the flaws before they explode in our faces doesn't make anyone less of a fan nor someone that think everything the Eagles do is right is a better fan or a real one. 

For so many years in here we should be able to accept the flaws in our team and want them to correct them not only when sh*t has hit the fan. If we should have learned anything from the Wentz era is that no one should be above criticism, being QB, owner, GM and coaches obviously but that is always the first thing to do because it is the most convenient one. 

Don't disagree with any of this. Just how knee jerk some of you get after a loss. 2 weeks ago we were SB favorites,  coming off 5 straight wins (4) vs SB Contenders. 

We lose 2 straight, sky is falling, fire everyone,  everyone sucks, we have no shot. That mentality is whatI have a problem with. 

Had we lost these same 2 games but spread out thru the season and were sitting here 10-3, most would be happy with this record. 

There is to much football left 4 games and then the playoffs to say the 2023 Eagles can not win the SB. Something 2 weeks ago most fans, analysts, expects had as favorites. I fully accept we are flawed. I do not accept its not fixable.

That's all.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sure the 4 Top 5 Defenses we've faced had nothing to do with that occurring? 👌

Still no justification for all of our struggles but it's not like we were facing Scrubs. 

First of all, that is an excuse.  We are an explosive offense, we should be able to do more than most teams.

The Seahawks put up 21 first half points, 35 total a week ago, in Dallas.

The Packers put up 14 first half points, 27 total a week ago against the Chiefs

The Broncos, yes, that dumpster fire put up 15 first half points, 24 total, in Buffalo.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just how knee jerk some of you get after a loss.

It is not knee jerk, the signs were there, you just keep going to extremes to avoid having the real discussion.

I will give you an opportunity, lets discuss the signs some of us saw going into the 9ers game.

The Eagles were 18th in yards allowed, 22nd in points allowed, and last in 3rd down defense.

Please explain to me how these warning signs did not give an indication of what could happen against explosive offenses.

55 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is not knee jerk, the signs were there, you just keep going to extremes to avoid having the real discussion.

I will give you an opportunity, lets discuss the signs some of us saw going into the 9ers game.

The Eagles were 18th in yards allowed, 22nd in points allowed, and last in 3rd down defense.

Please explain to me how these warning signs did not give an indication of what could happen against explosive offenses.

Think i'll just go ahead and answer for him in nabby fashion....

"Of course there were always warning signs but fact is we still won and we're still 10-3 and as long as we make the playoffs we have a chance, Go Birds!....and dont forget Howie is the goat"

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't disagree with any of this. Just how knee jerk some of you get after a loss. 2 weeks ago we were SB favorites,  coming off 5 straight wins (4) vs SB Contenders. 

We lose 2 straight, sky is falling, fire everyone,  everyone sucks, we have no shot. That mentality is whatI have a problem with. 

Had we lost these same 2 games but spread out thru the season and were sitting here 10-3, most would be happy with this record. 

There is to much football left 4 games and then the playoffs to say the 2023 Eagles can not win the SB. Something 2 weeks ago most fans, analysts, expects had as favorites. I fully accept we are flawed. I do not accept its not fixable.

That's all.

If by some of you, you mean Downundermike and myself, It is not a knee jerk reaction, we've been on the record about this team's glaring holes for months, years in my case. 

If you mean, people that never point out the  flaws on the team, but only when they do blow up in our face, you are correct. And that shouldn't be the way, we should see past the end result of the game (unless it's the SB but there's always areas of improvement) and see where the team is right and wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If by some of you, you mean Downundermike and myself, It is not a knee jerk reaction, we've been on the record about this team's glaring holes for months, years in my case. 

If you mean, people that never point out the  flaws on the team, but only when they do blow up in our face, you are correct. And that shouldn't be the way, we should see past the end result of the game (unless it's the SB but there's always areas of improvement) and see where the team is right and wrong. 

Yes sir. I have not called for anyone to be fired or cut.  I have not had a knee jerk reaction, I have pointed out the glaring issues, the stats that back them up that lead to the Eagles being humiliated at home, and then wrecked in Dallas.

• Like 1

The firing Sirianni talk is ludicrous but do people really think the last two weeks came out of nowhere? It hasn't looked right all season. There's no excuse for this offense to look bad, at all. Defensively, I expected to take a small step back after losing so many starters but to me it's not a talent issue. It's a scheme issue. Someone explain why we knew to play more zone against Miami but abandoned that thought process against San Fran and Dallas. If you have weaknesses on your team you can scheme ways to mitigate them. Desai has been exacerbating them. Sirianni is concerning because the Eagles are running the same offense they ran to start 2021. It didn't work then but he thinks it works now and that's a problem. If they don't shift gears like they did in 2021 when Steichen starting calling plays then they will go nowhere. I'm actually starting to give Brian Johnson more of a pass because this is Sirianni's offense, not BJ's. 

Nope no pass for BJ.  The more concerning development is that Hurt's looks like 2021 season WC game against the Bucs bad where he's literally just not throwing to wide open receivers, staring at the pass rush & panicking, and trying to force feed "his guys" while staring em down.  They need to figure out how to get Hurts back to some semblance of 2022 Hurts id they are going to have any chance of turning this around.

• Like 1