Don't believe what some of us have been saying, tell me you know more than former Eagle Seth Joyner

downundermike

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't get it, so you agree that the defense sucks or not? Or you are stating why it sucks? Because if so, you're preaching to the choir.

We've been saying for months that the defense was going to be bad due to the massive amount of turnover it had and we didn't replace anyone with someone better. 

This team got worse in the offseason while our biggest threats SF and DAL got better. 

I'm saying the 2023 season is so far from being over, these 2 loses mean nothing. 

Teams have won SB's with defenses playing like this currently!!! Saints /Colts 

We've seen WC teams who have No GD business winning a SB but get hot at the right time win SB's like NYG, Pitt,GB.

To automatically assuming 5 weeks before the playoffs starts this Eagles team can't win the SB because of the last two loses is a GD joke! 

Especially after already beating SB favorites outside of the Ravens in Mia/Dal/KC/Buf. 

That's all.

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm saying the 2023 season is so far from being over, these 2 loses mean nothing. 

Teams have won SB's with defenses playing like this currently!!! Saints /Colts 

We've seen WC teams who have No GD business winning a SB but get hot at the right time win SB's like NYG, Pitt,GB.

To automatically assuming 5 weeks before the playoffs starts this Eagles team can't win the SB because of the last two loses is a GD joke! 

Especially after already beating SB favorites outside of the Ravens in Mia/Dal/KC/Buf. 

That's all.

I mean yeah there's like those two cases that we have to dig up to keep us sane, but how many teams have not won the SB?

The truth is, the NFL really wanted to screw us over with that scheduling, obviously for entertainment purposes and they don't want repeat teams. 3-2 on paper sounds awesome, until you see that those 2 losses came in the two most important games. 

@Nabbs4u here is a good breakdown.

Going back to 1970, 43 of the 52 Super Bowl winners ranked in the top 10 in PPG allowed.

48 of the 52 Super Bowl winners were in the top 16 in PPG allowed.

Only 3 of the 52 ranked 20th or worse in PPG allowed.

Eagles currently rank 28th, which means they would be the lowest regular season PPG allowed to win a Super Bowl.

If you wanna hold out hope, by all means, but the writing is clearly on the wall.

https://jaydpauley.medium.com/analysis-of-the-offensive-and-defensive-ranks-for-super-bowl-champions-2dbb354ebb60

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

@Nabbs4u here is a good breakdown.

Going back to 1970, 43 of the 52 Super Bowl winners ranked in the top 10 in PPG allowed.

48 of the 52 Super Bowl winners were in the top 16 in PPG allowed.

Only 3 of the 52 ranked 20th or worse in PPG allowed.

Eagles currently rank 28th, which means they would be the lowest regular season PPG allowed to win a Super Bowl.

If you wanna hold out hope, by all means, but the writing is clearly on the wall.

https://jaydpauley.medium.com/analysis-of-the-offensive-and-defensive-ranks-for-super-bowl-champions-2dbb354ebb60

I will. Until last season no League MVP has won the SB in the same season since Kurt Warner. 

So until elimated, I won't assume the worst. Can't wait until the narrative in the next 4 weeks changes 1 way or another and the next flavor of the week is favored.

You're obvious agenda  that you have for anything Jalen Hurts related  is showing. Good Day Mate!  🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

41 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I will. Until last season no League MVP has won the SB in the same season since Kurt Warner. 

So until elimated, I won't assume the worst. Can't wait until the narrative in the next 4 weeks changes 1 way or another and the next flavor of the week is favored.

You're obvious agenda  that you have for anything Jalen Hurts related  is showing. Good Day Mate!  🍺

But last year you were claiming that Hurts not winning the MVP was good for us. And we ended up with no MVP and no trophy. And now you are aiming for the exception because it would be better for us. So, you too change narratives and with an obvious agenda only in a NoFlyZone way. 

I don't blame anyone who feels the sky is falling, because history is not on our side. If anyone wishes to believe or not, it is very valid each way. Only being optimist does not make anyone smarter and that has been a misconception in this forum since I joined in 2008. 

27 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Are we ready to have the Nick Sirianni isn't a good offensive coach talk yet? Also pretty clearly has his team playing flat.

This has proven to be true since 2021, but he is good in another things, like situation football and culture building. Now he needs to show leadership as a staff manager and infuse the staff with much needed creativity, if he has the power for that, because we know that HC here are more limited than in other places. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

Unless we make significant moves with our coordinators or their responsibilities, this season is effectively over. They are not beating San Fran in the playoffs. Especially, on the road. They have enough talent to win it all, IMO, but they are being nerfed by an awful offensive and defensive scheme. I'm pretty sure this is what the offense looked like when Sirianni first took over but he's too dumb/stubborn/arrogant to realize or remember that he had to give up calling plays because his scheme is having your receivers run 25 yds down the field before making a cut or even looking for the gd football. They are in trouble unless Sirianni can go back and look at last year's tape and remember how to call a gd slant or a hitch. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

RMIB, you really getting 2022 Viking vibes from this team, seriously? Hot damn! 

Definitely Dallas Week post loss reactions, you're right. I am used to it by now. 🍺

I actually don’t think that’s crazy at all. That’s the 1 take I still expect to have in a few days once emotions have settled.

The only game that goes against the narrative of us being this year’s Vikings (above average team with inflated record due to nature of this game of inches) was the Dolphins game, and that kept me from thinking we were lucky despite all the close wins but it’s looking more and more like that game was the outlier. Otherwise, whole lot of close games against questionable competition that could’ve gone either way:

Patriots

Vikings

Commanders (1st game)

Jets

Cowboys

Chiefs

Bills

6-1 here. The last 5 listed really were decided by 1 or 2 plays. Then promptly blown out by top 2 NFC contenders? This is no different than the Vikings last year. Piled up these close wins, some against really good teams too, but also got SMOKED by 2022’s top teams. I’m sure they were telling themselves their team just knew how to close, had an intangible edge, and those beat downs were outliers… why do we think we’re an exception?

I guess I haven’t given up on this season in the any given Sunday sense, as long as you’re in the dance you have a chance sure… but those are called Cinderella runs for a reason. Not going to count on it. Teams with our profile just don’t win super bowls. When we were 10-1 we clearly didn’t look like a 10-1 team, but I was giving us the benefit of the doubt (as defending NFC champs, we earned that), and hoping the team would improve. Well they lost that benefit of the doubt after these 2 weeks and are just about out of time to improve.

Cruise to a 14-3 record and I absolutely will change my mind, I just don’t expect that to happen after the last 2 months of football this team has played.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Are we ready to have the Nick Sirianni isn't a good offensive coach talk yet? Also pretty clearly has his team playing flat.

Starting to feel like why was this guy ever hired? I'm not saying fire the guy, but why exactly was he hired in the first place? What does he even do here? What are his skills? Honest questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can't wait until the narrative in the next 4 weeks changes 1 way or another and the next flavor of the week is favored.

It will be hilarious watching you try and create a narrative of the team turning it around out by beating ( predicted record at the time )

@ the 6-7 Seahawks ( if we even do ) offense that put 5 TD's on the board in Dallas, not two FG's

The 4-10 Giants with Tommy DeVito at QB

The 3-12 Cardinals who are a train wreck

@ the 4-12 Giants with Tommy Devito at QB

Sweeping these teams and their combined 13-29 records will not save the season.

Edited by downundermike