Don't believe what some of us have been saying, tell me you know more than former Eagle Seth Joyner

downundermike

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Just some honest, reasonable questions.

I mean was he not hired for his offensive prowess? Where is that? Where's the ideas, adjustments, master-class adaptations and solutions? Where's the new stuff? What's the ******* point of him occupying one of only 32 NFL head coaching jobs?

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean was he not hired for his offensive prowess? Where is that? Where's the ideas, adjustments, master-class adaptations and solutions? Where's the new stuff? What's the ******* point of him occupying one of only 32 NFL head coaching jobs?

Exactly.  We have the most boring, predictable offense in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Sorry my sarcastic remark broke up the crying and moaning. I'll let you guys get back to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

But last year you were claiming that Hurts not winning the MVP was good for us. And we ended up with no MVP and no trophy. And now you are aiming for the exception because it would be better for us. So, you too change narratives

Yes because if for only the 2nd time in the last 23 years a League MVP also wins the SB, I'm going to assume a 3rd QB with a 💩 tty defense could possibly win a SB within the past past 17 years. 

Is what it is!

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

It will be hilarious watching you try and create a narrative of the team turning it around out by beating ( predicted record at the time )

@ the 6-7 Seahawks ( if we even do ) offense that put 5 TD's on the board in Dallas, not two FG's

The 4-10 Giants with Tommy DeVito at QB

The 3-12 Cardinals who are a train wreck

@ the 4-12 Giants with Tommy Devito at QB

Sweeping these teams and their combined 13-29 records will not save the season.

It will be even more hilarious watching you Mitches yet again pull a full 180° , Flip Flop your opinions on the 2023 Eagles because they what,  went on a 3-4 gm win streak vs MF Scrubs???

This is why Hate Cry baby Eagle Fans who panic after ever GD loss. Legit, can't stand you people!!

All of you Holla at me in January when you TRY to jump back on the MF train like cry baby *******, but get left in the freezing cold full on Snowpiercer Style! 🖕

Edited by Nabbs4u

There is honestly no excuse for why the offense and defense is as bad as it is right now.  The offense effectively returned the entire offense minus Sanders and Seumalo and they arguably upgraded 1 or both of those spots and at the very least adequately replaced them.  The play calling on offense is some of the worst, predictable, and unimaginative I've ever seen.  Jalen Hurts is also far from being free if blame.  He's certainly not making the most of the opportunities that are there.  Brian Johnson should honestly be stripped of play calling duties.

The defense likewise should not be this bad.  So they miss Tj Edwards, White, CJGJ, and Maddox? Absolutely.  They're still too good to be this bad.  I had concerns about the Desai hire and it's looking more and more like those concerns are valid.  He took over a top 10 defense in Chicago and turned them into a bottom 10 defense in his one year and it appears to be happening with the Eagles as well.  It's not his fault that they lost several starters, but this defense is also performing below it's talent level.  There is no reason for them to give up as many 1st downs as they do in 3rd and longs.   They are so lacking in just basic fundamentals and that falls on coaching.  Absolutely unacceptable.

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It will be even more hilarious watching you Mitches yet again pull a full 180° , Flip Flop your opinions on the 2023 Eagles because they what,  went on a 3-4 gm win streak vs MF Scrubs???

This is why Hate Cry baby Eagle Fans who panic after ever GD loss. Legit, can't stand you people!!

All of you Holla at me in January when you TRY to jump back on the MF train like cry baby *******, but get left in the freezing cold full on Snowpiercer Style! 🖕

You obviously do not understand what we, Seth Joyner, anyone is saying.

This is not a reaction to one loss, this is a reaction to a second dominating loss, the second to your division rival who can take your place as the #1 seed in the division, after you just got dominated at home.

This is a reaction to two losses that the warning signs were apparent for weeks.  Going into the 9ers game, Eagles defense was 18th in yard allowed, 22nd in points allowed and last in the NFL in 3rd down defense.  Eagles are now 28th in points allowed.

We have seen the Hurts regression manifesting this year, capped off last night where he only targeted 3 receivers.  He didn’t only complete passes to 3 receivers, he only targeted 3 receivers.  His bad tendencies have returned, but you are so enamored with a couple throws a game you are not seeing the flaws.

And I am a fan every day, it ain’t a band wagon, I live it.  I sure as hell don’t need your permission to root for them in August or January.  I am just not a blind fanboy, and can be honest about the state of the team.

I don’t turn off the game, I don’t go do something else if it’s not going well, I am in until the bitter end every Sunday.  

If you were capable of being honest, we could discuss the problems, but to you the Eagles are perfect.

• Like 3

The only take that I have seen that isn’t an overreaction is that Desai has to be fired after this year. Yes the defense was more talented last year, but the drop off this year is largely due to a complete inability to coach towards your strengths. The middle of our D is weak so what do we do? Put them in isolation and watch them get exposed vs good players. Bradberry is a CB who needs to primarily play in zone and what do we do? Force him into man vs WRs who are much faster than him. He doesn’t disguise coverages or blitzes effectively. The only thing he has done is turn our elite pass rushing DL into an elite run stopping DL. 

He simply isn’t a good coach. I wanted him to be good very badly, and I appreciated that he tried to blitz more and play tight man in spots, but it isn’t working. Gannon’s Swiss cheese inside 5 yards D was more effective cause you could at least hope opponents made mistakes on the way down the field. Now all we can do is pray they make even worse mistakes. 

Soooooo everything is great on offense then?  There is no excuse for an offense that has arguably the best offensive line in the NFL and 2 future HOF'ers, AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert to be playing as inefficiently as they are.  They've been out gained in 6 of their last 7 games and I don't believe they've had 400 yds of total offense in a game since the 1st Commanders game.  

It's not time to give up on the season, but they have a lot to work on over the next month plus heading into the playoffs.  We know the defense isn't great, but if you're going to play as conservatively as they do they need to clean up the fundamentals.  It's one thing to give up a 5 yard gain.  It's entirely another to allow a completion 5 yards down the field on 3rd and 9 and give up the 1st down.  They can't happen.  They need to tackle and get off the field when they have the opportunity.  Having a mediocre-below average defense does not equal death, but they cannot be the disaster they've been for the most part since the Miami game.  That said...

The offense needs to get back to being elite.  Any improvements the defense makes are moot if this offense isn't scoring 30+ a game.  There is no excuse an offense as talented as the Eagles have shouldn't be elite and able to carry this team deep into the playoffs, but again the fundamentals right now are awful.  They need to make plays when they are there.  They need to put their playmakers in better positions to go make a play.  Not every play needs to be a shot play or WR screen.  Open up the playbook and make teams defend the entire field.

8 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Soooooo everything is great on offense then?  There is no excuse for an offense that has arguably the best offensive line in the NFL and 2 future HOF'ers, AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert to be playing as inefficiently as they are.  They've been out gained in 6 of their last 7 games and I don't believe they've had 400 yds of total offense in a game since the 1st Commanders game.  

It's not time to give up on the season, but they have a lot to work on over the next month plus heading into the playoffs.  We know the defense isn't great, but if you're going to play as conservatively as they do they need to clean up the fundamentals.  It's one thing to give up a 5 yard gain.  It's entirely another to allow a completion 5 yards down the field on 3rd and 9 and give up the 1st down.  They can't happen.  They need to tackle and get off the field when they have the opportunity.  Having a mediocre-below average defense does not equal death, but they cannot be the disaster they've been for the most part since the Miami game.  That said...

The offense needs to get back to being elite.  Any improvements the defense makes are moot if this offense isn't scoring 30+ a game.  There is no excuse an offense as talented as the Eagles have shouldn't be elite and able to carry this team deep into the playoffs, but again the fundamentals right now are awful.  They need to make plays when they are there.  They need to put their playmakers in better positions to go make a play.  Not every play needs to be a shot play or WR screen.  Open up the playbook and make teams defend the entire field.

I agree with essentially all of this. The offensive scheme is so plain, but yesterday it was simply about guys not making plays. AJ and Smitty drop TDs. Three fumbles in Dallas territory. There were plays to be made on that side of the ball. The scheme is still not good enough, but I can’t give coaching a ton of **** when our stars are simply not doing their part.

Defense seems pretty much done for this year barring massive changes. The offense has no excuses for not being better, but it’s even more true with the defense. The talent on this D has no business being this bad statistically. Absolute disgrace what Desai has done.

My comments on overreactions is people saying the season is over and pseudo calling for Sirianni to be fired.

I said 4 weeks ago that this defense is worst then last year, and everybody jumped on me and said no its not. We make adjustment, we are playing better, we are making plays... etc. But here we are, and the D looks like trash and gets exposed more every weeks. We won against Washington, Chiefs, Bills, and others so we ignored it, but now it cant be avoided any longer. We have to change up the scheme. We just have to try something different. This vanilla style of **** isn't working.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

🤣