Don't believe what some of us have been saying, tell me you know more than former Eagle Seth Joyner

downundermike

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/seth-joyner-weve-been-fooled-by-the-eagles

“We’ve been fooled,” Joyner said Monday morning. “We’ve all – and I feel like the biggest fool of all because I understand and I know football in such an intimate way, that I saw this, I knew this. And because the football team started off 7-0, 8-0, 9-0 and then they lost one and then they lost two -- when the team is 8-1, 9-1, social media wants you to shut the hell up and just bask in the fact that they have the best record in the National Football League.

“But my football mind and my football eyes saw the flaws. Instead of taking the ridicule that I would get by calling it what it was, I fell into the trap like everybody else and ignored the signs of what we’re seeing now. Because everything that this team – this just didn’t happen. This manifestation of where they are right now has been with this team all season long.

“We’ve been waiting for them to play the perfect game or complete game. We’ve been waiting for the improvement across the board. They’ve been lucky in situations and won some games that they otherwise would have lost under normal circumstances. And instead of us evaluating what the truth really was and what we really saw with our eyes, we fell in love with the record.”

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

This here is what has been becoming more and more evidently clear. I don't know if it's Sirianni's gameplan, or Brian Johnson's playcalling/scheming, but this offense refuses to even try the easy stuff, or give safety blankets for Hurts. They're expecting him to be a hero all the time. It's not a lack of talent, it's a lack of will to put the players in position to do simple things that are reliable. I've noticed it all season.

• Like 1

If only there were examples of defenses getting hot, playing well above their season averages and winning SB's?

Looks earliy similar to the Saints and Colts. 🤷‍♂️ 

Are we the Juggernaut top 5  Offense/Defense from last year, of course not. 

How'd that work out for us? 

It's the team that gets hot at the right time, that is healthiest when it matters. We'll revisit this in January, when football actually matters.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Whose fault is Desai being our DC? What about BJ as OC? Sirianni as the HC deserves way more blame than the front office (they still get blame of course) for this train wreck.

We can’t fire him, don’t get me wrong. It’s just annoying that we have to wait for the inevitable true disaster season (<6 wins) to fire him and can’t be proactive about it.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Whose fault is Desai being our DC? What about BJ as OC? Sirianni as the HC deserves way more blame than the front office (they still get blame of course) for this train wreck.

We can’t fire him, don’t get me wrong. It’s just annoying that we have to wait for the inevitable true disaster season (<6 wins) to fire him and can’t be proactive about it.

Ohhh Christ RMIB, did I misread that or are you actually wanting to fire Nick Sirianni?

Take a breather,  I know it's Dallas week, we lost, we suck, everyone needs to be fired but GTFOH with that mess.

We're 10-3 despite those stats,  going into the easiest portion of the #1 hardest schedule in the NFL for the 2023 season.

I should be used to this nonsense by now,  in this forum after damn near 16 years but , Damn!

Woooossaaaaaaa!

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ohhh Christ RMIB, did I misread that or are you actually wanting to fire Nick Sirianni?

Take a breather,  I know it's Dallas week, we lost, we suck, everyone needs to be fired but GTFOH with that mess.

We're 10-3 despite those stats,  going into the easiest portion of the #1 hardest schedule in the NFL for the 2023 season.

I should be used to this nonsense by now,  in this forum after damn near 16 years but , Damn!

Woooossaaaaaaa!

So you don't agree with anything former Eagles Seth Joyner said above?

38 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So you don't agree with anything former Eagles Seth Joyner said above?

Why are you quoting a post taking about firing Nick Sirianni?

What amazes me about you people who want to ***** and complain is the fact we lost 6 GD Starters (6) 1/2 the defense from the 2022 SB Top 5 Defense we had last year!

It's one thing to lose both Coordinators,  it's a another story all together to compound that by also losing Hargrave, CGJ, Edwards, White, Epps and Maddox.

If those players were on this team, is Desai and this defense really putting up these numbers? HONESTLY? If Gannon had these same players and the injuries last year we've sustained all season long, are we really making the SB?

Desai is not free of Blame! I absolutely despite the fact he continues to move JB/Slay around like GD Darrell Revis! 

Leave the MF's on 1 side, like Gannon did LOB style last year and see if that helps? Rocket science approach that led to 2 AP seasons,  I know?  Traveling playing Man to Man is clearly not working. Proof is in the numbers above!

However that philosophy is made infinitely harder without the 6 players above.  3rd down conversions,  TD passes allowed, Tackling everyone of those above were key cogs as to WHY that wasn't a issue last season! Good coaches ADAPT to thier players, not players adapt to my scheme. 

We're 10-3 on our way to a 14-3 or IMO at worst 13-4 record. Despite those numbers.

You don't luck your way into a 13/14 win season. Plain and simple. Talent is there, just not playing to the standard needed "at the moment" to win a SB.

Things can change come playoffs.  Saints and Colts are prime examples. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

39 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Woooossaaaaaaa!

First off, you absolutely should be used to this nonsense by now. This is Philly fandom 101.

Now I don’t actually want to fire him (and of course we won’t, his seat is as cool as anyone’s) because I understand the absurdity of firing a coach 3/3 in playoff appearances, even if I thought he was the worst coach alive I wouldn’t want him fired as who would want to take a job with no security… but I do have some serious concerns over him and what he actually brings to the table. Steichen/Siri is beginning to feel way too similar to Reich/Pederson.

Let’s start over, ignore initial knee jerk post. What gives you confidence in Sirianni? Results/record speak for themselves sort of thing? Just curious to hear.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You don't luck your way into a 13/14 win season. Plain and simple. Talent is there, just not playing to the standard needed "at the moment" to win a SB.

The Vikings literally did this last year. Promptly lost in 1st round of playoffs to Daniel Jones, and nobody was really surprised. They were an afterthought going into the playoffs despite their 13-4 record.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Steichen/Siri is beginning to feel way too similar to Reich/Pederson.

Let’s start over, ignore initial knee jerk post. What gives you confidence in Sirianni? Results/record speak for themselves sort of thing? Just curious to hear.

Funny you bring that up since we all thought it was Riech responsible for our SB Victory,  not really Doug. 2 teams later, 2 firings later thoughts on if it was still Frank?

Shane is making water of of Wine. I'm not saying he isn't missed. Isn't a better play caller then Johnson,  clearly that is the case but we had to hire Two Coordinators. 

Do you keep the offense intact, terminology the same, players the same that almost won you a SB and a QB league MVP? Or hire from outside? Changing it all?

Both hires were the right move IMO.

1 is struggling because he can't adapt his game and is to GD stubborn to Run The Ball 45x a game down teams throats. 

1 is to GD stupid to adapt his philosophy to the players he actually has. Full on Jim Schwartz approach. 

Nick has created a Culture like Doug that has the Eagles as legitimate SB Contenders in B2B years. If we're being honest a ticky tack call away from being defending SB Champs.

Hell No should he be fired! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The Vikings literally did this last year. Promptly lost in 1st round of playoffs to Daniel Jones, and nobody was really surprised. They were an afterthought going into the playoffs despite their 13-4 record.

RMIB, you really getting 2022 Viking vibes from this team, seriously? Hot damn! 

Definitely Dallas Week post loss reactions, you're right. I am used to it by now. 🍺

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why are you quoting a post taking about firing Nick Sirianni?

What amazes me about you people who want to ***** and complain is the fact we lost 6 GD Starters (6) 1/2 the defense from the 2022 SB Top 5 Defense we had last year!

It's one thing to lose both Coordinators,  it's a another story all together to compound that by also losing Hargrave, CGJ, Edwards, White, Epps and Maddox.

If those players were on this team, is Desai and this defense really putting up these numbers? HONESTLY? If Gannon had these same players and the injuries last year we've sustained all season long, are we really making the SB?

Desai is not free of Blame! I absolutely despite the fact he continues to move JB/Slay around like GD Darrell Revis! 

Leave the MF's on 1 side, like Gannon did LOB style last year and see if that helps? Rocket science approach that led to 2 AP seasons,  I know?  Traveling playing Man to Man is clearly not working. Proof is in the numbers above!

However that philosophy is made infinitely harder without the 6 players above.  3rd down conversions,  TD passes allowed, Tackling everyone of those above were key cogs as to WHY that wasn't a issue last season! Good coaches ADAPT to thier players, not players adapt to my scheme. 

We're 10-3 on our way to a 14-3 or IMO at worst 13-4 record. Despite those numbers.

I don't get it, so you agree that the defense sucks or not? Or you are stating why it sucks? Because if so, you're preaching to the choir.

We've been saying for months that the defense was going to be bad due to the massive amount of turnover it had and we didn't replace anyone with someone better. 

This team got worse in the offseason while our biggest threats SF and DAL got better.