Franchise QB: Purdy or Stroud

AngusMcFife

If you were to choose a foundational QB for your franchise, who would it be (assume they have the same contract)?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. If you were to choose a foundational QB for your franchise, who would it be (assume they have the same contract)?

I'm picking CJ and was a big fan of his coming out I thought his criticism on why he shouldn't go 1st was a pretty soft argument.  This should be closer than the vote will show. Purdy is legit and the entire league was off on this kid. Both teams have a great future going forward. 

On 12/21/2023 at 2:30 PM, 49ersfan said:

I love Purdy but I'd take Stroud 

I think Purdy vs Lawrence would be a more interesting debate. The #1 pick generational prospect who's underperformed his expectations vs Mr. Irrelevant who's overperformed his expectations

I disagee with the Lawrence take, Jacksonville is a legit playoff contender in the AFC and it’s solely because of Lawrence. I think the word underperformed is a strong word, I think he is still developing which is crazy and has one maybe two higher levels he can reach. Also if you take Lawrence off of Jacksonville and they are contending for the #1 pick, if you take Purdy off of SF, they are still fighting for the playoffs on the back end.

On 12/24/2023 at 1:48 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I disagee with the Lawrence take, Jacksonville is a legit playoff contender in the AFC and it’s solely because of Lawrence. I think the word underperformed is a strong word, I think he is still developing which is crazy and has one maybe two higher levels he can reach. Also if you take Lawrence off of Jacksonville and they are contending for the #1 pick, if you take Purdy off of SF, they are still fighting for the playoffs on the back end.

It's not crazy. It's what you'd hope given the fact that we're talking about a number 1 overall pick who 3 seasons in is decidedly middle of the pack.

Maybe I’m crazy but I’ll still pick Purdy. Idk man that guy has this silent assassin confidence in him. You can’t teach it. Now Cj arguably is having the greatest rookie season ever! And the sky is the limit. But Purdy is doing this in big boy games/playoffs..  Stroud has struggled vs some top defenses. Idk. You can’t go wrong with either! But I like a proven track record. But Stroud and Co are building out in Houston is super impressive though. 

• Like 1

This all comes down to how much you attribute the success the 9ers offense has had to Shanahan or Purdy.

Garoppolo is the best they've really had aside from Purdy and to be frank I wasn't impressed. It's early in both of their careers and it's not apples to oranges, but I feel more confident in Purdy right now.