QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Going w/FAs, I'd like to get Flacco, Minshew, or R. Wilson.  Flacco and Minshew are a couple of cheap gunslingers.  We might be able to bring in R. Wilson for cheap while the Broncos pay the rest of his salary.  That would just warm my heart (Broncos paying our QB to beat them).

When it comes to the draft, I just want the Raiders to do what makes them happy.  Draft whichever QB they believe in, and I'll just hope they turn out to be a top 10 QB in the NFL.

Roughly 80% of the QBs you mentioned would be major disappointments.  We just need to leave those turds alone.  Signing a player like Trubisky, Wentz, Mac Jones, Drew Lock, M. Mariota, Sam Darnold, would be a waste of cap space and a roster spot.

Darnold is better than Minshew and Flacco

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Darnold is better than Minshew and Flacco

Thanks for the alley.  I'll supply the oop.

Let's start with touchdown/interception ratio (pretty important).

Gardner Minshew TD/INT ratio:  59/24

Joe Flacco TD/INT ratio:  245/155

Sam Darnold TD/INT ratio:  63/56

I know Darnold's ratio is the worst of the three just by looking at it.  

Also, just to add a little more icing to the cake, Sam Darnold has the worst completion percentage of the bunch over his career.  I just checked.

He's also fumbled 19 times during his career (66 games played; roughly 1 out of every 3 games).  Minshew has fumbled 10 times during his career (49 games played; roughly 1 out of every 5 games).  Flacco has fumbled 25 times in 188 games played (roughly 1 out of every 7.5 games). Flacco has lost 4, Darnold has lost 4, Minshew has lost 3.

The only thing I can pinpoint is that Darnold has a better rushing ypc (3.6) than Flacco (2.3).  But Minshew has him beat there at 4.3 ypc.

I don't know man.  I just think Minshew and Flacco are better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Thanks for the alley.  I'll supply the oop.

Let's start with touchdown/interception ratio (pretty important).

Gardner Minshew TD/INT ratio:  59/24

Joe Flacco TD/INT ratio:  245/155

Sam Darnold TD/INT ratio:  63/56

I know Darnold's ratio is the worst of the three just by looking at it.  

Also, just to add a little more icing to the cake, Sam Darnold has the worst completion percentage of the bunch over his career.  I just checked.

He's also fumbled 19 times during his career (66 games played; roughly 1 out of every 3 games).  Minshew has fumbled 10 times during his career (49 games played; roughly 1 out of every 5 games).  Flacco has fumbled 25 times in 188 games played (roughly 1 out of every 7.5 games). Flacco has lost 4, Darnold has lost 4, Minshew has lost 3.

The only thing I can pinpoint is that Darnold has a better rushing ypc (3.6) than Flacco (2.3).  But Minshew has him beat there at 4.3 ypc.

I don't know man.  I just think Minshew and Flacco are better.

Darnold has been on historically bad teams.

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Darnold has been on historically bad teams.

Minshew hasn't? 

Look, I'm no Minshew truther and Flacconis way too old, but both are definitely better than Darnold. 

Darnold still looked pretty meh, evem on the 49ers in his limited snaps. 

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Minshew hasn't? 

Look, I'm no Minshew truther and Flacconis way too old, but both are definitely better than Darnold. 

Darnold still looked pretty meh, evem on the 49ers in his limited snaps. 

Darnold a former top pick, Minshew was a let rounder for a reason. Darnold has untapped potential

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Darnold a former top pick, Minshew was a let rounder for a reason. Darnold has untapped potential

People have been saying Darnold has untapped potential for the last 7+ years. That ship sailed a long time ago. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

People have been saying Darnold has untapped potential for the last 7+ years. That ship sailed a long time ago. 

He played on horrible teams and even played well with the Panthers down the stretch. One of the most ran organizations the 49ers wanted him. People just ignore variables when they want to see their own perception.

Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

He played on horrible teams and even played on Panthers down the stretch. One of the most ran organizations the 49ers wanted him. People just ignore variables when they want to see their own perception.

The same organization that paid Jimmy G, and spent years rolling with CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens at QB before 100% lucking into Brock Purdy after trading the farm for a D2 QB with like 8 career starts. 

That's not as impressive as you may believe and doesn't negate the fact that people have been using the "untapped potential" excuse for almost a decade with Darnold. Jake Locker has untapped potential, too, by that metric. We should give him a call. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

The same organization that paid Jimmy G, and spent years rolling with CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens at QB before 100% lucking into Brock Purdy after trading the farm for a D2 QB with like 8 career starts. 

That's not as impressive as you may believe and doesn't negate the fact that people have been using the "untapped potential" excuse for almost a decade with Darnold. Jake Locker has untapped potential, too, by that metric. We should give him a call. 

Jakes is 35 and retired 10 years ago😭 Sam Darnold is 26, almost the same age as Bo Nix 😆

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Ship sailed for Plunkett, and Gannon too. Why would the Raiders try to go after those guys. O Wait 

When you have to reach back into the Carter administration to try and prove your point, you don't have one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Jakes is 35 and retired 10 years ago😭 Sam Darnold is 26, almost the same age as Bo Nix 😆

10 years of rest and relaxation, so he's at least as physically sound as a 29 year old QB after taking a beating. And besides, UNTAPPED POTENTIAL. It's a never-ending white rabbit, after all. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

When you have to reach back into the Carter administration to try and prove your point, you don't have one. 

Plunkett even spent one season on the 49ers before becoming a Raider legend. Eerily similar trajectory as Sam Darnold. Let’s ignore history, that’s always been wise in human nature 😂