QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Exactly. He’s getting paid from Denver and his new team contract would be at the leagues minimum . Having your QB room not taking up cap space or draft capital would be beyond ideal

It's definitely cheap, it just becomes an issue of how does he do in the locker room and if he still has anything left in the tank. His TD numbers were good last year but he was pretty meh as a passer other than that.

Just to kinda nail this point home even more. But don't worry, our resident genius w/ a JJ PFP says that there's no way he cheated when JJ himself basically said they did lol.

You'd be lying to yourself if you think this isn't concerning. The whole "he played better competition" thing isn't viable either b/c I can 10000% promise you that NFL defenses will be other worldly better than those he faced in this stretch.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just to kinda nail this point home even more. But don't worry, our resident genius w/ a JJ PFP says that there's no way he cheated when JJ himself basically said they did lol.

You'd be lying to yourself if you think this isn't concerning. The whole "he played better competition" thing isn't viable either b/c I can 10000% promise you that NFL defenses will be other worldly better than those he faced in this stretch.

This is so dumb and proves nothing. Those 5 games, they played the 10th, 2nd and 16th ranked teams. This also factors in the Penn State game in which they ran at will and he only through 8 passes. 

He stat padded against Purdue, but we'll just throw that out because it doesn't fit the narrative I guess. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is so dumb and proves nothing. Those 5 games, they played the 10th, 2nd and 16th ranked teams. This also factors in the Penn State game in which they ran at will and he only through 8 passes. 

He stat padded against Purdue, but we'll just throw that out because it doesn't fit the narrative I guess. 

Nice excuses, guy w/ the JJ pic. It actually proves a lot but if you're cool w/ a guy who basically sucked against good college defenses, going against great NFL defenses, well, you've proven your inability to understand this game once again lol.

You conveniently forgot to mention Maryland though. Why didn't he do great against them? And wait, stat padded against Purdue? You serious, Clark? 

You're calling going 24/37 for 335 no TDs and no INTs "stat padding"?? 😭😭🤣 And don't worry, that game was included in the above numbers from that weirdo account.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on Poles comments it sounds like Fields is getting traded before free agency starts.

I don't like where we pick (for QBs) so if it doesn't cost much, I'll take a flier on him. Feel like 13 is too high for any guys not in the top 3 and doubt someone like Nix would be around in the 2nd so if it only costs a 3rd + other late round picks, whatever. Wouldn't give up much more for him though. Assuming we keep Adams, it would be the best supporting cast he's had as a QB albeit he's been underwhelming overall. He did improve as the season went on though. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't like where we pick (for QBs) so if it doesn't cost much, I'll take a flier on him. Feel like 13 is too high for any guys not in the top 3 and doubt someone like Nix would be around in the 2nd so if it only costs a 3rd + other late round picks, whatever. Wouldn't give up much more for him though. Assuming we keep Adams, it would be the best supporting cast he's had as a QB albeit he's been underwhelming overall. He did improve as the season went on though. 

What would you give up for him? And would you be worried about pairing him with Getsy?

So basically our options include...

Veterans

Kirk Cousins - Likely requires a 2 year deal at $35M+ fully guaranteed

Russell Wilson - Veteran minimum for his first year under contract, after that I'm not sure

Justin Fields - Likely costs a 3rd/4th and a $25M commitment for 2025-2026

Draft

Maye/Williams/Daniels - Likely costs three FRP's + more to get into position for one of them

Nix / Penix - Reach at #13, could be decent value with a trade back or trade back into the late 1st

McCarthy - Will require a trade into the top 10 that will cost at least a 2nd, possibly a future 1st

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Nice excuses, guy w/ the JJ pic. It actually proves a lot but if you're cool w/ a guy who basically sucked against good college defenses, going against great NFL defenses, well, you've proven your inability to understand this game once again lol.

You conveniently forgot to mention Maryland though. Why didn't he do great against them? And wait, stat padded against Purdue? You serious, Clark? 

You're calling going 24/37 for 335 no TDs and no INTs "stat padding"?? 😭😭🤣 And don't worry, that game was included in the above numbers from that weirdo account.

It’s ok you’re neglecting the fact that jj threw about 15 nfl Caliber throws during that post cheating stretch Lololol. Let that bama db pick 6 that in championship game and we’re not even having this convo 

38 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s ok you’re neglecting the fact that jj threw about 15 nfl Caliber throws during that post cheating stretch Lololol. Let that bama db pick 6 that in championship game and we’re not even having this convo 

Oh I've provided my thoughts on JJ many times.

He's got a good enough arm but it's not great. He has great accuracy. He's a good enough athlete. He makes really stupid decisions at times and ultimately, the big thing is, we really don't know what we have in terms of production. When they were cheating he looked the part. The question is, how much of that was b/c they were cheating? Once Stalions was completely out of the picture or they couldn't scout the opponent (TCU), he was average, at best. Now the guy w/ the JJ pic thinks that's OK b/c they played 3 good teams but I don't..... but I'm the biased one or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

What would you give up for him? And would you be worried about pairing him with Getsy?

I honestly forgot about the Getsy thing and that is concerning. The only positive you can take from that is familiarity, I guess. I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd and filler b/c his price tag will be high as well. Now that I remember we unfortunately hired that dude, I think we should just pass on him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So basically our options include...

Veterans

Kirk Cousins - Likely requires a 2 year deal at $35M+ fully guaranteed

Russell Wilson - Veteran minimum for his first year under contract, after that I'm not sure

Justin Fields - Likely costs a 3rd/4th and a $25M commitment for 2025-2026

Draft

Maye/Williams/Daniels - Likely costs three FRP's + more to get into position for one of them

Nix / Penix - Reach at #13, could be decent value with a trade back or trade back into the late 1st

McCarthy - Will require a trade into the top 10 that will cost at least a 2nd, possibly a future 1st

If we can't make a move to get Williams/Daniels/Maye then I'd be ok bringing in Russ if it's for cheap to battle it out with AOC for the starting job. I'm also ok with us drafting Nix/Penix/McCarthy with our 2nd pick in the draft. Just don't want us wasting #13 on a QB that likely won't beat out AOC and improve our team next season.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

If we can't make a move to get Williams/Daniels/Maye then I'd be ok bringing in Russ if it's for cheap to battle it out with AOC for the starting job. I'm also ok with us drafting Nix/Penix/McCarthy with our 2nd pick in the draft. Just don't want us wasting #13 on a QB that likely won't beat out AOC and improve our team next season.

I'm warming up to the idea of Russ but I do think he's washed. Hopefully he wouldn't be expensive.

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You an Ohio State fanboy and it shows. 

Why didn't he do well against Maryland? Michigan was looking past them to the game the following week when they would bury Ohio St. for a 3rd straight time. Happens all the time in sports. 

Notice how ZERO people are coming to your defense on this? Same thing everywhere. Just a bunch of Big 10 and Ohio State fan boys with an axe to grind. Carry on. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You an Ohio State fanboy and it shows. 

Why didn't he do well against Maryland? Michigan was looking past them to the game the following week when they would bury Ohio St. for a 3rd straight time. Happens all the time in sports. 

Notice how ZERO people are coming to your defense on this? Same thing everywhere. Just a bunch of Big 10 and Ohio State fan boys with an axe to grind. Carry on. 

More excuses lol. 

I'm the worst fan boy ever bc McCord sucked and he outplayed JJ against Purdue..... Purdue!! Lol. And Maryland. Weird how he didn't look past Minnesota when Michigan was next. 

I don't care what other people think. I can think for myself, big guy. I don't need other's validation for my own thoughts. Again, you're wrong per usual.

He also said they "buried" OSU when they won by 6.... at home.... against Kyle McCord lol. Want to talk about fan boys again?? I bet you have a poster of this dude on your wall