QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

46 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

you literally celebrated foing from 20th to 30th...
calm down at people being happy that at least its going in the right direction.

again, you got to be happy about regressing... people can be happy its improving. 

Its a big difference. Getting better vs getting wrose. 

it is tough to find a good QB in this league, ive said it for years, but you and other raider fans seem to think that only the Raiders are looking for qbs lol

You think the offense with Minshew at QB, Getsy calling the plays, no Jacobs, and needing two starters on the OL will be better?

54 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Better at the senior bowl also. That's when he started standing out to me. 

It was the bama game for me I he started hot iirc and I knew he was ny’s boy. I was like dam if he beats bama this site gonna get spammed to death. But he didn’t keep up the hot start and it’s kinda the perfect definition of rattler as a player. Hellllllllla inconsistent. But he does have arm talent not supreme but he can arguably make all the throws. But him like Caleb is that mental strength or lack of. I remember rat losing his job that game to caleb. Crazy how they both started in the same program with same hc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It was the bama game for me I he started hot iirc and I knew he was ny’s boy. I was like dam if he beats bama this site gonna get spammed to death. But he didn’t keep up the hot start and it’s kinda the perfect definition of rattler as a player. Hellllllllla inconsistent. But he does have arm talent not supreme but he can arguably make all the throws. But him like Caleb is that mental strength or lack of. I remember rat losing his job that game to caleb. Crazy how they both started in the same program with same hc. 

Yeah that time Rattler lit up Alabama was legendary. When was that again? 

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Trust me I thought he was overrated too and it was more name recognition than anything else. But once I saw him light it up at the senior bowl(both the practices and the game) it made me start actually looking at why he didn't do that at South Carolina. That dude's team was horrible. So for the guy to go somewhere like the senior bowl where the talent is equal, it did impress me. Then I saw this recently(look what is mentioned from 4:30-6:00

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Trust me I thought he was overrated too and it was more name recognition than anything else. But once I saw him light it up at the senior bowl(both the practices and the game) it made me start actually looking at why he didn't do that at South Carolina. That dude's team was horrible. So for the guy to go somewhere like the senior bowl where the talent is equal, it did impress me. Then I saw this recently(look what is mentioned from 4:30-6:00

Dude is the same age as Jalen Hurts right now and is a project QB, maybe by 30 he'll be ready.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Dude is the same age as Jalen Hurts right now and is a project QB, maybe by 30 he'll be ready.

Oh I didn't say read the title. I said look at the time stamps that I mentioned previously.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Oh I didn't say read the title. I said look at the time stamps that I mentioned previously.

If you're 4-6 years older than a large majority of the guys you're playing against you should dominate. 

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Fwiw rattler pro day looked way better than nix I also see the arm strength/talent from rattler that people talked about. Rattler def more natural thrower. Nix prolly better at processing. Interesting year with qb prospects. Nix pro day was slow tempo and looked watered down imo

Agreed. Rattler has been on my radar the last few seasons. At one point, scouts were projecting him to be a top selection in a NFL draft. Can make every throw and should be a better pro than college player. If it wasn’t for his criminally bad O-line at SC, he would be in conversation for Round 1

He Is the type of QB we can steal in the 2nd day and potentially be a starter. We can still get an elite talent at #13

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. Rattler has been on my radar the last few seasons. At one point, scouts were projecting him to be a top selection in a NFL draft. Can make every throw and should be a better pro than college player. If it wasn’t for his criminally bad O-line at SC, he would be in conversation for Round 1

He Is the type of QB we can steal in the 2nd day and potentially be a starter. We can still get an elite talent at #13

Spencer Rattler:

Good size? No, in the bottom 10th percentile

Elite athlete? No, 4.01 RAS

High end college production? No, 37 TD over 25 games at SC

Big time NFL arm? No, led the country in interceptions on passes 20+ yards down field the last two seasons

Coachable? No, failed under the QB guru before he got ran out of town at Oklahoma

Leader? No, it's well document that he's a D-Bag

High development potential? No, he'll be a 24 year old rookie that needs time to sit

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

I'm not gonna lie I despised the guy until I watched the senior bowl. I was the same way with Jalen hurts. I put stock in the senior bowl due to the fact that it allows you to see what different positions do when the talent is equitable both for and against them. I see round one this year as an opportunity to build the football team where is round two you just try to throw a dart at a guy and if it doesn't work out(which yeah sure there's a high possibility that it doesn't) then next year it's not so crazy to trade up or something more aggressive. That's what makes teams like the Niners always in it is that they just draft really good teams and the quarterback is secondary to the roster as a whole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm not gonna lie I despised the guy until I watched the senior bowl. I was the same way with Jalen hurts. I put stock in the senior bowl due to the fact that it allows you to see what different positions do when the talent is equitable both for and against them. I see round one this year as an opportunity to build the football team where is round two you just try to throw a dart at a guy and if it doesn't work out(which yeah sure there's a high possibility that it doesn't) then next year it's not so crazy to trade up or something more aggressive. That's what makes teams like the Niners always in it is that they just draft really good teams and the quarterback is secondary to the roster as a whole.

The Senior Bowl is an All-Star game where they have a week to practice with completely random players and coaches. It doesn't simulate what NFL football will be like for any of these guys. 

Throwing a dart every year in the second round is a terrible strategy. You're supposed to be targeting guys you view as potential starters in the 2nd/3rd round. That's how you build depth and are able to pay your top tier level guys. 

The 49ers are good because they just blow second round picks? They're good because they draft well throughout the draft by not just blowing picks. 15/22 starters are guys that they drafted which has given them the flexibility to go out and get guys like CMC, Trent Williams, Hargrave, etc. 

And how many Super Bowls have they won with this current core? They understand that an elite QB is important which is why they gave up 3 FRPs to draft Trey Lance.

2nd round and mid round QB hit rate is so meh.

Going into next year 22/32 teams project to have a starting QB that was taken in the 1st round. 

Only 4 teams have a non 1st round QB they drafted projected to start: Titans / 49ers / Cowboys / Eagles.

The other 6: Raiders / Broncos / Steelers / Falcons / Saints / Seahawks

there's 3 QB trade options- I think we bring in one more high ceiling QB for potential. All could be had for a late round pick. 

Malik Willis - Titans just draft Levis to be their QB of the future. Willis was a raw D2 player coming in, as he needed time to develop. New coaching staff brought in Mason Randolph to be QB2. He can be a steal. Still only 24 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/malik-willis/32005749-4c61-4428-8345-922a57c28423

Trey Lance- still only 23... everyone knows he was a prospect who needed time, but he was drafted by a win now team. Lance is the QB3 in Dallas. He could be a gem 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trey-lance/32004c41-4e01-6787-f7d5-ee3cea053121

Zach Wilson- he has been bad. He did have a few good games where he flashed his potential. The NY media buried him, and the Jets were win now. He needs fresh start 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zach-wilson/32005749-4c82-7119-d27e-724ec33f130b