Next Patriots Head Coach (Post-Belichick Era?)

DoleINGout

Next Patriots Head Coach  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice to coach the Patriots going forward?

• Jim Harbaugh
    • Brian Flores
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Ben Johnson
    • Bill Belichick
    • Not Listed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/2024 at 08:54 AM

On 1/2/2024 at 3:10 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

I really don't want a defensive minded HC.

You wanted someone from outside the organisation and not a defensively minded coach.

Id imagine you’re not thrilled with this lol 

People are assuming that Mayo is Bill continuation. I don’t think he is. Remember he was a weekly guest on Tom Curran‘s podcast before he was employed as a coach? He was always mentioning the offence and where it needs to improves. He did toe the party line - was always positive even after terrible losses. But I don’t necessarily think he’s all Defense minded and will neglect Offense like BB did. 

On 1/12/2024 at 12:48 PM, LD696 said:

I'm sure I'll talk myself into this hire way more than I shoulda before the season starts.

How's that going so far.

I'm going on my years being a Pats fan.  This IMO is the Sullivan's all over again. Son Pat taking over and thinks he can run the show.  They have no plan other than Mayp hired 2 years ago.

The leaks to the press is embarrassing.

Even Mayo is talking to Curran, giving him inside information. Curran announced Mayo will be the next coach and you could see the smirk when he said it on the nightly Sports show, several days before it happen. He said his sources said it was a done deal !!!!!

Pats had the same thing in the past as well his name was Bobby Grier, he was owned by the press.

Right now, for me its like food poison and my (Pats) past is coming back to haunt me.

Now all you BB/TB years fans,will understand why I'm so critical/jerk . It can blow up fast. You had a taste post Brady, now you will see what happen when the owner gets involved, playing GM and coach. Don't kid your self this look's like the owner want the (puppet)  strings !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, m haynes said:

How's that going so far.

Waiting for the staff hires to shake out, but I don't like the way they are handling (or not) the GM search so far...

Mayo's future hinges on how well he can recruit his offensive coaches in the current makeup of the league, imo.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LD696 said:

Waiting for the staff hires to shake out, but I don't like the way they are handling (or not) the GM search so far...

Mayo's future hinges on how well he can recruit his offensive coaches in the current makeup of the league, imo.

What I'm hearing is Josh in the mix, that's a big nope for me.  Also I want BOB gone as well, basically same offense.

Here's something to think about, how did these offenses work when these guys didn't have BB  "doing" defense?????

Heck no, same out dated offense.

Protect the ball protect the QB crap, keep the game close let defense win, not in today NFL. Also this only works if Belichick's are game planing the defense.  I would keep BOB if you fail to find that guy, however I would keep looking til I find a replacement for next (2025) season. Take you time get it right.

Base on what I have seen this WE. Good start would be

• Lyons
  • Green Bay
  •  Rams

I would even check the water boys.

Edited by m haynes

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

What I'm hearing is Josh in the mix, that's a big nope for me.  Also I want BOB gone as well, basically same offense.

Oh yeah, f those guys, I don't want to see them near Foxboro again. I don't get the "keep BOB for the smooth transition" arguments either. They do not need to transition any of the offensive cluster... of a system, they need to completely re-vamp it.

1 hour ago, LD696 said:

I don't get the "keep BOB for the smooth transition" arguments either.

I say that because I have seen in the past reaching for a guy and its a disaster. They do have time, 3.5 months, lets hope they find someone and not settle. Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, LD696 said:

Oh yeah, f those guys, I don't want to see them near Foxboro again. I don't get the "keep BOB for the smooth transition" arguments either. They do not need to transition any of the offensive cluster... of a system, they need to completely re-vamp it.

unfortunately it feels and seems like reporting is all pointed towards one or BOTH being here again.