Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

11 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

If Wilson signs, I’m sure he would know his role. I’m sure that would be a discussion before he signed.

If you believe that then you don't know Russell Wilson. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I really hope we get Kirk back, but if we don’t I really hope we get Wilson. Super Bowl winner for literally nothing? Let him play for a year of half a year, then let the rookie take over.

yeah Wilson is a headcase but so is Kirk. 

Russell Wilson was a Super Bowl winner 12 seasons ago and hasn't even gotten close in 11 years.  That's pretty irrelevant at this point.  Nick Foles is more relevant than Russell Wilson in that aspect...and you could get him for nothing too since he's on the street and is 2 months younger than Russ.

Edited by swede700

Just now, Worm Guts said:

I don't think any of us know Russell Wilson. I think people like to jump on a narrative though.

Do I know him personally?  Absolutely not.  But his track record speaks for itself.  Like Stefon once famously said on Twitter, there's truth to all rumors. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, swede700 said:

If Kirk does go to Atlanta...guess who we play at home this year?

(Of course, then that would be the game they'd schedule over in London)

That or it would be a regular 1pm game since neither team made the playoffs last year and they'll want to pimp some random game like Jax vs Det.

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Do I know him personally?  Absolutely not.  But his track record speaks for itself.  Like Stefon once famously said on Twitter, there's truth to all rumors. 

What about Wilson makes you think he is incapable of understanding his role if you discuss it with him? If we tell him we're going to draft a QB but we're looking for a veteran to be a 1 year stopgap, he couldn't understand that?  He may not accept that role, but I have no reason to believe that if he did, that he would end of being a problem anyway.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

I have a hard time believing that Russ is going to accept a cheap contract, unless it is multi-year with some balloon payments after year 1. Someone in Russ' position has no financial need to play for $1.5-$2M for a season. Going from $35M? to $2M with no long term security/future contract, with injury risk. I dont think it makes sense for him. Unless he gets a 'big offer', wait it out for if a team losses their starting QB unexpectedly later on in the process/season.

Edited by CriminalMind

Just now, CriminalMind said:

I have a hard time believing that Russ is going to accept a cheap contract, unless it is multi-year with some balloon payments after year 1. Someone in Russ' position has no financial need to play for $1.5-$2M for a season. Going from $35M? to $2M with no long term security/future contract, with injury risk. I dont think it makes sense for him. Wait it out for if a team losses their starting QB unexpectedly later on in the process/season.

He's also not nearly in the same situation he was 2 years ago.  He doesn't need to play at all, but if he wants to, he's not going to get the same type of offers he would have. He's going to have to accept less and prove himself again.

1 minute ago, Worm Guts said:

What about Wilson makes you think he is incapable of understanding his role if you discuss it with him? If we tell him we're going to draft a QB but we're looking for a veteran to be a 1 year stopgap, he couldn't understand that?  He may not accept that role, but I have no reason to believe that if he did, that he would end of being a problem anyway.

I just don't personally think his ego would allow him to accept such a role, even if he's left with no option but to do so and says he could. 

Either way, he's not the QB he was 5 years ago (I think he's finally feeling the repercussions of all the hits he took behind that horrible Seattle OL) and ultimately, I don't think he's a good fit for the Vikings schematically or personality-wise.  Right now, he's basically a younger version of what Matt Ryan was in Indianapolis. He's done as an effective starting QB.  

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I just don't personally think his ego would allow him to accept such a role, even if he's left with no option but to do so and says he could. 

He's been through a very humbling situation.  I don't think we know ho that may or may not have impacted him.

3 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

He's been through a very humbling situation.  I don't think we know ho that may or may not have impacted him.

He went through a situation where a FO/HC bailed on him, for whatever reasons. Some of it was play, but some of it was not directly his play. I believe some of his 'stats' look reasonable/positive. Just like Derek Carr who was asked to sit and got released in Oakland, and felt he was a starting QB, got a good pay day in NO. So until something else is known, it should be thought that he would want a similar situation that he is use to.

29 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I have a hard time believing that Russ is going to accept a cheap contract, unless it is multi-year with some balloon payments after year 1. Someone in Russ' position has no financial need to play for $1.5-$2M for a season. 

don't the Broncos still have to pay the balance of his contract, and he ends up still making 35 million or something?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Listening to his interview with Brandon Marshall, I don’t think he sees it that way. Nothing is his fault. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

don't the Broncos still have to pay the balance of his contract, and he ends up still making 35 million or something?

Yes they are still paying him big money this season. Doesn't mean he has to accept a small contract on a new team.

• Like 1