Kc week: The good the (bad) offense and the (ugly) haters

NCOUGHMAN

13 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Kolton Miller replaced JE once he got injured on the last drive and he was the one that open the last two holes for White

Think he was only in on one play and got tossed to the dirt by Jones - still interesting though 🤔

28 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Officially eat my crow on Zamir Zeus White. He’s been incredible in replacing Jacobs. Best Running back performance all season. Saw explosion we haven’t seen much out of Jacobs all season

Not really much crow to eat though. Guy wasn't getting touches over Abdullah and Bolden until recently. Hindsight, it probably had more to do with coaching and the old regime's fascination with ex Patriots guys than White's ability. 

To think, had Josh not been tossed out, White, Koonce, and probably at least one or two other guys are probably goner's at the end of the year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

To think, had Josh not been tossed out, White, Koonce, and probably at least one or two other guys are probably goner's at the end of the year. 

For sure Koonce would have been gone. White was their draft pick and didn’t run him but he may of stayed since they drafted him.

To think, if Chandler Jones didn’t go AWOL, we may of cut Koonce off the final 53

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

For sure Koonce would have been gone. White was their draft pick and didn’t run him but he may of stayed since they drafted him.

To think, if Chandler Jones didn’t go AWOL, we may of cut Koonce off the final 53

100% something everyone loves to forget is that he was in the dog House last year so it's not like he came out of nowhere and that he wasn't given an opportunity

21 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Wild. I forgot about Koonce being on the bubble. 

White almost reminds me of the bizzaro stuff with Shanahan and Aiyuk a while back. Never understood that whole dog house situation, as Aiyuk has always just produced when on the field. Seems they leveled out and he's been one hell of a WR for them. Far cry from starting Richie James and hoping it worked lol

Edited by ronjon1990

23 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Salty? I’m thrilled we beat KC and genuinely happy. It’s fans on this subforum that have zero clue what they are talking about regarding football, and want whats not best for this team that is irritating. I always want whats best for this team. I wanted Carr gone since 2018 and had to deal with so much blowback. Now I’m saying the success is mostly due to Patrick Graham and fans on here are way to blind to see it. 

I disagree frankly. We agree on a lot but not this unfortunately.

Im going to preface this by saying I’m a Harbaugh guy, but the D has taken an obvious step up since Pierce has taken over, the players are flying to the ball, playing with more aggression, less communication errors and things like tackling which is an attitude thing have improved.

Now, Graham is due his plaudits, the defence right now is the best I’ve seen in twenty years probably and he’s doing it with only one elite talent. Massive Credit to Graham for that, but Pierce has very obviously got all the players on the same page, buying in and playing above themselves.

Like I say, I’m a Harbaugh guy but Pierce needs huge credit too. He’s clearly doing something right. He’s cut guys like Peters, brought in Jones, got more out of Koonce and Wilson, the LBs are playing better than I’ve seen since Biekert and we have a unity and toughness about us that reflects the personality of the coach.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

ugly:

people who don’t actually know football and can’t process in their brain the reason we are doing good is because of Patrick Graham’s 4D Chess Defensive Scheme. 

Same people who thought Derek Carr was good at football and just could not process otherwise. 

AP has a little to do with the success right now, but it’s a vast majority due to Patrick Graham. I’m fine with Graham as Head Coach. Not AP. 

What are you even yapping about lol 

The secondary has played very well, especially since replacing Peters with Jones. I know there’s the whole no talent on defense narrative, and it shows in the salaries. But I think it’s time guys start getting their due. 

Of course it all starts with 98, but guys like Hobbs, Spillane, Epps, Moehrig, Jones, Koonce and even complementary guys like Amik and Adam Butler are having good years. PG has done a great job with what he has, but guys are playing lights out. 

• Like 2

Unless we **** the bed in one of the next two games I don’t see how AP doesn’t get the job, especially after Rich. Guys are playing smart, fast and physical and AP learned from the first KC game where he looked overmatched. I honestly didn’t think he had a chance to retain the position but the proof is in the pudding. To go into KC and beat Reid and Mahomes a week after beating the breaks off of SD, says a whole lot. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

Zamir White got better as the game went along and found a rhythm. Ran with  purpose. 

Yes, I think he’s the type of back that can wear on a D if he gets touches and grows into a game. Impressive game by him, broke a few tackles, got yards after contact. He’s a strong, tough young man.

• Like 1