Week 17: San Francisco 49ers at Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, 757-NINER said:

The Cards beating both the Iggles & Cowturds catapults us into the #1 seed.

Guys who need to sit next:

CMC

Purdy 

Ayuik

Kittle

Deebo

Silverback

Warner

Greenlaw

Bosa

Mooney

Hargraves

Tig Brown

Lenoir

I want our guys to play the first quarter at least. Don't believe in completely sitting out. Rest any of the top guns that are banged up though. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I want our guys to play the first quarter at least. Don't believe in completely sitting out. Rest any of the top guns that are banged up though. 

100%. I think guys who have been banged up should sit but don’t want whole team rusty from taking a couple weeks off. 

Guess that's why Mason Crosby is on the streets. Giants offense couldn't even get him an extra 3 yards. Where is Leroy Hoard when you need him??? 

Oh well, Rams would probably still make it with a L, but even if it was against backups, a chance to knock them out is a chance. 

Can't ask for all the luck to go your way. 49ers got the #1 seed, and it's 2 home games to the Super Bowl. No excuses. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just don't want to see any of key guys hurt in a meaningless game.

We gain nothing by playing key contributors and risking them to injury.

I understand the whole rust factor and all but at this point I think resting guys who are banged up and giving other guys who have played alot of snaps this year like Warner and Kittle one less game of wear and tear would benefit us more.

• Like 1

I think we'll play our starters for the 1st quarter at least, maybe even the 1st half. 2nd half on will definitely be the backups

I'd like to see some positive plays from Darnold, Mason, Bell, Willis, Graham, Winters, Womack, Luter, etc. 

Edited by 49ersfan

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I understand the whole rust factor and all but at this point I think resting guys who are banged up and giving other guys who have played alot of snaps this year like Warner and Kittle one less game of wear and tear would benefit us more.

Yep health is the only thing that has derailed us this season. Getting all the guys back healthy for out playoff game is the main focus. 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I just think we need to get some time out there. We have seen teams sit out here and then have a bye week and be super rusty in the divisional round.

• Like 1