Week 17: San Francisco 49ers at Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Looks like the Rams are going to be in before the night is over

Next week should be the backup bowl

My hot take was that we were going to be in the game even with Darnold and the back ups paying majority of the game lol. 

Now it will be a full on preseason game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If this team doesn't get to the super bowl, Shanny is going to deserve all the heat that comes his way. 

As frustrating as this team is this year at times, there's no doubt it's the best in the conference. 

I gotta push against this a little bit. I mean I don't care if we lose the first game of the playoffs he's not getting fired. Is he going to get criticism? Absolutely and deserved, but even at his worst moments he isn't a Marty Schottenheimer where his teams tense up. At the end of the day, only one team gets to win it all and while I've been waiting close to 30 years like most of the rest of us for #6. It simply doesn't change anything coaching wise. And I fully realize not next year but the year after will begin a transistion of sorts for the team because you'll have to start paying Brock good money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I gotta push against this a little bit. I mean I don't care if we lose the first game of the playoffs he's not getting fired. Is he going to get criticism? Absolutely and deserved, but even at his worst moments he isn't a Marty Schottenheimer where his teams tense up. At the end of the day, only one team gets to win it all and while I've been waiting close to 30 years like most of the rest of us for #6. It simply doesn't change anything coaching wise. And I fully realize not next year but the year after will begin a transistion of sorts for the team because you'll have to start paying Brock good money.

I'm  not even asking him to win it all.

Results matter at some point. He doesn't at least get to the super bowl, with his history, he's going to get eviscerated and it'll probably be deserved

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Looks like the Rams are going to be in before the night is over

Next week should be the backup bowl

If any Rams players are banged up probably best to let them rest but I'd still want to go to Detroit instead of Dallas if I were McVay, so they may still try to win

Guys I would like to sit completely:

Williams, Banks, Deebo, McCaffrey, Hargrove, Armstead, Ward, Greenlaw, and Brown.  They’ve all been banged up to some extent for a while and could use some time. 

Bosa, Warner, Purdy and Kittle should all play 2-3 series then sit in my opinion. And let Mason get most of the carries so Mitchell doesn’t break. I’d love to see guys like Luter, Womack, Snead, and Bell get most of the snaps at their positions but get it that some starters will need to get some time in certain packages. 

• Like 3

Highest rated 49ers team in DVOA going back to 1981. Milestone considering the Montana/Young years. Gotta put a bow on it though. Don't want this to be a repeat of 1987, who they barely edge out on this graph.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

we're going to buzzsaw right through the NFC. Getting to the superbowl isn't going to be a problem.

Running into the Ravens/Browns/Bills/Mahomes in the Superbowl...

THAT'S going to be a problem. 

ugh. i hate the way the AFC shaped up this year. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

we're going to buzzsaw right through the NFC. Getting to the superbowl isn't going to be a problem.

Running into the Ravens/Browns/Bills/Mahomes in the Superbowl...

THAT'S going to be a problem. 

ugh. i hate the way the AFC shaped up this year. 

Better we only have to face one tough AFC opponent in February if we make it than 2-3 tough matchups in the NFC like 2021 and 2022. Can't expect to just breeze our way to a Lombardi. Allen and Mahomes are Allen and Mahomes but their teams just aren't the same this year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, straighthate said:

Guys I would like to sit completely:

Williams, Banks, Deebo, McCaffrey, Hargrove, Armstead, Ward, Greenlaw, and Brown.  They’ve all been banged up to some extent for a while and could use some time. 

Bosa, Warner, Purdy and Kittle should all play 2-3 series then sit in my opinion. And let Mason get most of the carries so Mitchell doesn’t break. I’d love to see guys like Luter, Womack, Snead, and Bell get most of the snaps at their positions but get it that some starters will need to get some time in certain packages. 

I would like Kittle to sit as well…dude has taken a few big hits the last couple of weeks.

• Like 1