2023 Week 17: vs. Bengals

onejayhawk

Losing 4 out of six to weak competition sucks. We clinched a division tie while sitting at home. Any win clinches it outright.

Before the season, this looked like a premium matchup. Neither team has lived up to expectations. I vote for getting the win and making the final game irrelevant.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Maybe if we handed the ball off more often>

Just sayin'.

Last week the Raiders played a lot of 5-2-4 defense. Not a lot of room to run as shown by Pacheco's 2.4ypc and Clyde's 1.5ypc.

On top of that, only 4 of Pat's 27 completions were beyond 5 yards. Defenses are going to see what the Raiders did and stack the box until we prove we can even throw an intermediate distance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Last week the Raiders played a lot of 5-2-4 defense. Not a lot of room to run as shown by Pacheco's 2.4ypc and Clyde's 1.5ypc.

On top of that, only 4 of Pat's 27 completions were beyond 5 yards. Defenses are going to see what the Raiders did and stack the box until we prove we can even throw an intermediate distance.

They know Mahomes doesn’t trust most of his receiver room, he’s been pretty public about his frustrations. guys are running wide open and he doesn’t want to throw it to them, it’s rough 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Can honestly say I never thought I’d say this, but we could really use Mecole in this game.

Having been a Chiefs fan in WI since they drafted Derrick Thomas I have seen good and bad so I understand what a luxury it is to say this has been a bad year when we’re still tied for the division.  But this team just does not, and has not looked right.  Does the offense miss Bienemy that much?Did Juju really make our WR corps THAT much better? As with all things IM sure it’s a mixture of many issues, but it sure would be nice to have a get right game, be able to maybe sit Pat next week and not have him line up behind the jokes we have at the tackle position (my MAIN reason I think the offense is struggling) let him rest and focus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Can honestly say I never thought I’d say this, but we could really use Mecole in this game.

Having been a Chiefs fan in WI since they drafted Derrick Thomas I have seen good and bad so I understand what a luxury it is to say this has been a bad year when we’re still tied for the division.  But this team just does not, and has not looked right.  Does the offense miss Bienemy that much?Did Juju really make our WR corps THAT much better? As with all things IM sure it’s a mixture of many issues, but it sure would be nice to have a get right game, be able to maybe sit Pat next week and not have him line up behind the jokes we have at the tackle position (my MAIN reason I think the offense is struggling) let him rest and focus.

I've criticized Mecole of not being able to track the deeper passes but I do wonder if he would take the top off of a Defense better than MVS at this point. I'm weirdly optimistic about him coming back but that usually goes away quickly lol

That would be nice to let Pat sit, maybe he could follow Andy and Nagy around and do a little coaching of his own by giving his 2 cents on plays they call in real time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I've criticized Mecole of not being able to track the deeper passes but I do wonder if he would take the top off of a Defense better than MVS at this point. I'm weirdly optimistic about him coming back but that usually goes away quickly lol

That would be nice to let Pat sit, maybe he could follow Andy and Nagy around and do a little coaching of his own by giving his 2 cents on plays they call in real time

We know MVS can’t do it. I’m hopeful we put Mecole into MVS’ role and maybe Pat will have more trust and throw downfield a little more (more than 5yds).

My ideal WR pecking order at this point would be: Rice, James, Hardman, Watson, Ross, MVS, Toney. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

lol glad yall are finally coming around to Mecole, hes not good but at this point we just need a baseline level of play. Problem is Mahomes has never trusted Mecole either, so he’s likely not going to have the impact we’re looking for 

At this point, having a WR not in contention to lead the league in drops might give Pat confidence.