2023 Week 17: vs. Bengals

onejayhawk

You know, that wasn't perfect, but that was at least closer to what we expect from the team. Would like a few less FGs. Ready for MVS to be benched. Took too long to contain Browning. But this looked way more competent in the second half.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Welp, looks like next week will be an unofficial bye week for the starters

If I was Andy, I wouldn't be giving anyone but Kelce a rest week. The kinks still need to be ironed out with this team if we want any shot at winning in the playoffs

The Chiefs had six sacks and eight tackles for loss. They produced a second-half shutout.

Pop with 165 yards from scrimmage. 

5 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Ran his yapper before and after the game. I don't think he understands winning is the important part.  ☺️

After what happened to the mayor you would think someone would learn.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Soggust said:

3 catches
41 yards
0 td

🙂

Kept talking after the game, said the front is good that’s all. Dude just delusional.  Chase is an unreal talent, and I mean in reality he’s still probably in plus numbers because of the huge early games he had against us.  But take your shot on the chin and watch the playoffs from home, the end.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chiefer said:

MVS dropping the ball what else is new. Maybe next time Veach signals a guy he actually researches their back ground instead of hoping on a prayer 

I get the MVS hate but come on.  Veach has hit on WAY more than he’s missed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I get the MVS hate but come on.  Veach has hit on WAY more than he’s missed.

i don’t hate MVS, the guy is who he’s always been. He drops the ball, he can’t track it, he’s not a good route runner. These were his issues in GB, that’s who he is. I still want him fired into the sun, but again that’s his MO, it’s not a shock he’s playing like this.

Just like Juwann Taylor, the guy was the most penalized player on the jaguars consistently each year, and besides his contract year was a lousy player. And what do you know, under a bigger spotlight he’s the most penalized player on the Chiefs and if he isn’t constantly cheating he’s not very good.

these guys are who they are, I’m more upset they got signed to begin with despite their very obvious deficiencies in their games which only took a little bit of research to find. Like at this point they’ve paid MvS 20+ million for one good game against a corner half his size and speed, and are paying Taylor 20 mill for three years to be a penalty machine, that’s not good business. 

Edit: ofc Veach has made some good signings , I’m not completely hating. But he plays a hand in this offensive situation as much as the players and coaches themselves. He assemble the talent and it’s subpar to say the least. How about we don’t sign anymore guys with well known drop issues Or Tackles with well known penalty issues in the future

Edited by Chiefer

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

He was literally doubled the entire day with a back up QB and hobbled with a shoulder injury. What are we bragging about here?

I don't agree that cloud coverage is quite the exact same as being traditionally "double teamed", but even if we were to say it is, I would have to imagine a guy who is supposedly a top 3 WR in football should be able to handle being double teamed, especially if he's willing to run his mouth pregame.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Soggust said:

don't agree that cloud coverage is quite the exact same as being traditionally "double teamed", but even if we were to say it is,

It pretty much is.

48 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I would have to imagine a guy who is supposedly a top 3 WR in football should be able to handle being double teamed, especially if he's willing to run his mouth pregame.

The double teams aren't new. He's beaten them regularly before, but Browning at the helm and a bum shoulder was a bridge too far. Tough week to talk but I like it nonetheless, makes for a fun match up. Plus, is what Chase said really that off the mark?

As you can tell, I am still bitter.

45 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It pretty much is.

The double teams aren't new. He's beaten them regularly before, but Browning at the helm and a bum shoulder was a bridge too far. Tough week to talk but I like it nonetheless, makes for a fun match up. Plus, is what Chase said really that off the mark?

As you can tell, I am still bitter.

Now it makes for a fun matchup...but when Reid said they were gonna shut down the TE you guys pearl clutched like he insulted your grandmother lol gtfoh

Can't remember who said this but:

"Those tears are delicious"  ☺️

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

He was literally doubled the entire day with a back up QB and hobbled with a shoulder injury. What are we bragging about here?

I mean, he asked for it. Don't talk **** and then make excuses.

• Like 1