Is Blake good enough to help this team win the Super Bowl?

pwny

I had a bunch of stats and other stuff I was going to post, but honestly we all know what’s going on. Blake has a 2:1 INT ratio, is completing 60.1% of his passes, and is in track for just a hair under 3,500 yards passing. We know all this. We all know about his good games where the team looks unbeatable, and we know about the bad games where the team plays like they’re one play away from death.

The question is - does Blake have what it takes to put it together for the 3-4 games necessary to hoist the Lombardi trophy?

I’m surprised he hasn’t thrown a pick 6 this season. He threw what, 3 or 4 of those last season?

he looks confident right now. His ball placement has been great recently allowing his receivers to get YAC. He is doing this with a guy who has had struggles with drops, a 4th round rookie WR who has played in 4 games, an UDFA in Cole and dog crap at the TE position. 

It’s funny to say because he as an NFL QB but he has been throwing spirals......

As long as he doesn’t commit back breaking turnovers, which he has avoided for the most part this season, I think we can go to the SB with him at QB. 

I'll say yes.  But in the same way that you might not die while playing Russian Roulette.  It's entirely possible to be in pretty much any game with a team like this and when Bortles is playing well and with confidence.  The problem is, on any given Sunday...you never really know exactly what you're going to get, and you have to live dangerously knowing that at any moment, he could drop an absolute clunker of a game that is insurmountable for the rest of the team.

The highs with Bortles really aren't too bad at all.  It's the depths of the lows that really raises the questions, and the fact that you can never really trust that one of the lows isn't going to drop in out of nowhere and ruin your chances at the most inopportune moment, in a tournament where one bad game is entirely fatal.

Archived