Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

Just now, Forge said:

His brain just short circuits too much and he's very careless

He's just not a NFL caliber starter. Okay in back up duty but way too flawed and a very slow processor. If he sees it and the first read is there, then he can rip it with the best of them. The problem is, that doesn't always happen and then you see his indecisiveness on full display. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Even though the game was meaningless, it irks me that we lost.

Back-ups or not, our run defense is leaky af and that is my biggest concern heading into the playoffs.

If teams can rush for 4-5 yards on first & second down at will, we're in big trouble.

I don't want us in a position where we have to outscore teams consistently, as our offense stalls at certain points in every game. We don't do well in scenarios where we're behind, especially in the second half of games so the defense has to do it's part in keeping opposing offenses at bay in those instances.

Also the fact that we can't get to the QB consistently rushing four is a big red flag imo.

The defensive scheme was built around that fact and if we have to bring an extra rusher on third manageable repeatedly, we're exposing our weaknesses from a coverage standpoint.

They have a week to cleam up some things but the defense as a whole has me concerned at the moment.

Yes I agree the main issue for the Niners heading into the playoffs is the defensive side of the ball as they can't stop anyone unless they get the turnovers. How many punts did they force yesterday? Even when the games were not meaningless they still hardly forced any punts.

In the NFC the Cowboys, Rams & Packers can all hurt the Niners and are more than capable of coming to town an pulling the upset as all 3 of those teams have a QB that can put points on the Niners defense. As far a SB opponent goes the Niners will not beat the Ravens or Bills in a SB as both Lamar & Josh Allen will carve up this Niners defense and that's the end of story.

Yes I also agree the Niners need a kicker if the game comes down to a final kick.

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The thing with the Rams is despite how great they look in games, they find ways to allow other teams to hang around. I just think the Lions, playing at home will be able to hang in there and then eventually take the late lead and hold on to win. Will be a good game but the Lions pull it off. 

I see the Cowboys handling the Packers well at home. 

So we have to wait until Monday night to see who we play between the Bucs and Eagles. I don't like that since we won't have an extra day of rest for the NGCCG, should we make it there. 

I don't foresee any upsets. Our road to the SB will be Eagles/Cowboys/Ravens. 

I'm assuming you're gonna predict a playoff win for each game just like you did for every regular season game I suppose. If it's Niners vs Ravens or Bills I'm not taking the Niners with a 10 foot pole. I don't even trust the Niners against the Cowboys. The Rams & Packers scare the Niners as well. This isn't 1989 or 1994 Niners that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

For whatever reason, I really feel like the Rams are beating the lions. No idea why. Maybe I'm just getting fooled by the small sample back half of the season

Yes I agree Rams over Lions as Lions are the NFC's version of the Dolphins as just a bunch of pretenders. I also take Bucs over Eagles since the Eagles are broken. I'd love for the Niners to draw the Eagles in the divisional round and Lions in the NFC title game. Only the Cowboys, Rams & Packers have what it takes to come in and beat the Niners at home.

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

His brain just short circuits too much and he's very careless

I was expecting his throws to a bit more straight-lined and crisp, but they were a little more loopy than I thought they'd be. 

If he's our back up next year, fine. If we go for a more toolsy guy in FA, fine too. 

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I was expecting his throws to a bit more straight-lined and crisp, but they were a little more loopy than I thought they'd be. 

If he's our back up next year, fine. If we go for a more toolsy guy in FA, fine too. 

Mac Jones is our backup next year. Embrace it! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mac Jones is our backup next year. Embrace it! 

I know you're joking, but I would be extremely angry at that signing. Not just because Mac is a bad QB, but mainly because he seems to be a pretty awful person.

• Like 2

I could see our QB room being Purdy, Brandon Allen & a rookie

If we trade for someone I'd rather have Davis Mills then Mac. I also wonder if there are any burned bridges from how the 2021 draft played out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I know you're joking, but I would be extremely angry at that signing. Not just because Mac is a bad QB, but mainly because he seems to be a pretty awful person.

I'm totally not joking. I think he's a niner next year. He costs 2.7 million, Shanny clearly liked him and I think that matters. I don't think Shanny is going to change his mind based on the New England tenure. I think maybe they send like a 2025 6th round pick or something to New England for him. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm totally not joking. I think he's a niner next year. He costs 2.7 million, Shanny clearly liked him and I think that matters. I don't think Shanny is going to change his mind based on the New England tenure. I think maybe they send like a 2025 6th round pick or something to New England for him. 

I hate that so much. 

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

I'm assuming you're gonna predict a playoff win for each game just like you did for every regular season game I suppose. If it's Niners vs Ravens or Bills I'm not taking the Niners with a 10 foot pole. I don't even trust the Niners against the Cowboys. The Rams & Packers scare the Niners as well. This isn't 1989 or 1994 Niners that's for sure.

I didn't pick the Niners to win every game… picked the Steelers in week 1!

And I will pick the Niners over the Eagles and Cowboys. Favoring the Ravens over us slightly at the moment. 

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

I'm one of the hardest people on the team in this forum. Prone to over concern regarding aspects of the team, negative mindsets, etc. 

I will absolutely be picking the 49ers against every possible NFC team they could face. I've said it before - they are clearly the best team in the NFC, so if they don't get to the super bowl, it's a pretty epic failure. 

I will also probably pick them against every AFC team not named the Ravens (have to give Baltimore some credit), though I think that game is much closer to being a tossup despite the *** whooping they laid on the niners just weeks ago. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm one of the hardest people on the team in this forum. Prone to over concern regarding aspects of the team, negative mindsets, etc. 

I will absolutely be picking the 49ers against every possible NFC team they could face. I've said it before - they are clearly the best team in the NFC, so if they don't get to the super bowl, it's a pretty epic failure. 

I will also probably pick them against every AFC team not named the Ravens (have to give Baltimore some credit), though I think that game is much closer to being a tossup despite the *** whooping they laid on the niners just weeks ago. 

You just have to give the Ravens their respect for coming into our place and giving us a beat down. But you can also acknowledge that the offense had little problems moving the ball and a few of the INTs were unfortunate. It's going to be a very hard game but a winnable game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

For whatever reason, I really feel like the Rams are beating the lions. No idea why. Maybe I'm just getting fooled by the small sample back half of the season

Just realized La Porta is likely to miss that game. That definitely changes things. Damn. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just realized La Porta is likely to miss that game. That definitely changes things. Damn. 

I think it'll mostly be about Goff keeping the turnover sheet clean and whether not the Lions can run. 

The Rams are going to light up the scoreboard imo, so I think that they have to be able to keep pace and that is where I'm worried about Goff. So if they can successfully run the ball consistently, they'll shorten the game and lessen the possessions