Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

All we wanted for weeks was to get the #1 seed and we got more than that as we were able to clinch without having to win week 18. Now that this game means nothing, the hope is to get everyone out of there healthy and get ready for the divisional round. I would like the starters to play at least a quarter, if not most of the first half. Anyone that is nursing an injury should sit out obviously. This will be a good game for the young players like Luter to get some extended time and to show the coaches what they can do. Verrett should get some time himself as he has not played for damn near three years. 

The Rams seem like they will rest some of their guys as well so by the 3rd quarter, it will be a full on preseason game.

Since we have Darnold, who is a capable back up QB...We should win this game.

49ers 24

Rams 17

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All we wanted for weeks was to get the #1 seed and we got more than that as we were able to clinch without having to win week 18. Now that this game means nothing, the hope is to get everyone out of there healthy and get ready for the divisional round. I would like the starters to play at least a quarter, if not most of the first half. Anyone that is nursing an injury should sit out obviously. This will be a good game for the young players like Luter to get some extended time and to show the coaches what they can do. Verrett should get some time himself as he has not played for damn near three years. 

The Rams seem like they will rest some of their guys as well so by the 3rd quarter, it will be a full on preseason game.

Since we have Darnold, who is a capable back up QB...We should win this game.

49ers 24

Rams 17

A month ago any niner fan would have been called delusional to have expected this outcome with good reason. I'd be down with your game plan, if possibly even a little lighter.

This will be a heavy dose of Mitchell and Mason type of game. Like many others have already stated, this will essentially be a preseason game where by half time all of the starters that were playing will be benched. 

Honestly could care less on who wins, but I’ll say - 

SF - 24

LAR - 20

My guesses...

Sitting out entirely - CMC, Kittle, Trent, Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Warner, Greenlaw, Mooney, Thomas, Lenoir, Gipson & Brown Listing these guys as they're banged up or veterans who wouldn't suffer from a week off. And IDK if Kittle is on the injury report but he could use some time after that low hit he took last game. I'd guess some of these players end up active but only play in case they need to fill in for injury 

Play a quarter or so - Purdy, Deebo, Aiyuk 

Youngsters to watch out for - Mason, Willis, Bell, Moore, WInters, Graham, Luter & Womack 

Players who need playing time to shake some rust off/get acclimated with the team - Mitchell, Joseph-Day, Verrett & Ryan

Overall, basically a preseason game. It would be nice if the Rams played Kyren/Puka/Kupp for at least a quarter, I'd like to see our youngsters match up against them.

Either way, gona be nice to not have to worry too much about a game until the divisional round games on January 20 or 21 

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, 49ersfan said:

My guesses...

Sitting out entirely - CMC, Kittle, Trent, Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Warner, Greenlaw, Mooney, Thomas, Lenoir, Gipson & Brown Listing these guys as they're banged up or veterans who wouldn't suffer from a week off. And IDK if Kittle is on the injury report but he could use some time after that low hit he took last game

Play a quarter or so - Purdy, Deebo, Aiyuk 

Youngsters to watch out for - Mason, Willis, Bell, Moore, WInters, Graham, Luter & Womack 

Players who need playing time to shake some rust off/get acclimated with the team - Mitchell, Joseph-Day, Verrett & Ryan

Overall, basically a preseason game. It would be nice if the Rams played Kyren/Puka/Kupp for at least a quarter, I'd like to see our youngsters match up against them.

Either way, gona be nice to not have to worry too much about a game until the divisional round games on January 20 or 21 

The thing is, Shanny is unlikely to play Purdy if Trent does not play. It's a package deal with those two so I'm guessing Trent gets in a quarter or so before being taken out. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The thing is, Shanny is unlikely to play Purdy if Trent does not play. It's a package deal with those two so I'm guessing Trent gets in a quarter or so before being taken out. 

I was coming here to say the same thing, I would not play Purdy without Trent. I would not play Trent, so I would not play Purdy.

Purdy suffered two stingers in back to back weeks. I don't want that man taking one single unnecessary hit. 

With Jaylon Moore out, we have no option at LT without Trent and that is more of an argument to sit him than to play him. 

• Like 3

Sounds like McVay will have our plan out on Wednesday. We aren't winning the Super Bowl this year with this defense, so I'd prefer to go all out and end the streak of losses.

The young guys also need more significant playing time, and if we rest Stafford/Donald/Kupp we're going to get slaughtered by the Niners backups, so they won't really be getting meaningful reps.

I'd love to just return the favor for week 17 of the 2017 season here

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

I was coming here to say the same thing, I would not play Purdy without Trent. I would not play Trent, so I would not play Purdy.

Purdy suffered two stingers in back to back weeks. I don't want that man taking one single unnecessary hit. 

With Jaylon Moore out, we have no option at LT without Trent and that is more of an argument to sit him than to play him. 

This.

Purdy needs to rest that shoulder and Trent needs to rest that groin.

Both of them need to be inactive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Sounds like McVay will have our plan out on Wednesday. We aren't winning the Super Bowl this year with this defense, so I'd prefer to go all out and end the streak of losses.

The young guys also need more significant playing time, and if we rest Stafford/Donald/Kupp we're going to get slaughtered by the Niners backups, so they won't really be getting meaningful reps.

You got a ticket to the dance, so that gives you a chance. 

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Aside from the Niners and Cowboys, nobody in the NFC playoffs aside from has good defense. Your chances are as good as anyone's in the NFC to knock us off, and if you get all the way to the Super Bowl anything can happen especially with the scare you guys gave Baltimore in their own house.

Edited by jonnguy2015

Darnold vs Wentz bowl, getcha popcorn ready!!!!

I get it but don't agree with Purdy sitting out entirely. Shanny said Purdy is the only guy he has made a decision about not playing for sure. 

I'm guessing this means that Williams will not be playing and that's one of the biggest reasons Purdy will not play. 

• Like 1