Week 18 GDT: Bills @ Dolphins for the Division and the 2 Seed.

Trentwannabe

7 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

McDermott isn't really the issue. Beane poor drafting has been. Thank Good Spencer Brown found himself again but you simply can't whiff on early picks at the rate Beane does or has with Allen on top 10 contract.

His recent large contracts (Von Miller, Dawson Knox) haven't worked out either 

End of the day both will be back regardless of what happens 

Elam and Basham have been the only real “whiffs” on top picks. 

Rousseau has been good, Epenesa has developed into a very good piece. Last year he got Cook, Bernard, Shakir, and Benford lol. That’s a really good class for missing on the first round player.

Since he’s been here 

Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau, Elam, Kincaid in the first round. Seems pretty good to me.

He has a team of all in house guys outside of Diggs and now Douglas that has won 3 straight division titles, now has a chance for a 4th, and has been as talented as any other roster across the league. Idk I don’t get the Beane hate at all. When we as fans want and see a move needs to be made (ex. diggs, and Douglas this year). He makes them. Von didn’t work out, but we can’t count on injuries, he wrecked his knee again. He was really good for us before then. One year left on that deal thankfully.

With you on Knox though. He didn’t really deserve the contract that he got.

Edit: Poyer and Hyde were outside guys not homegrown as well.

Edited by bigbadbuff
  • Like 1

Beane is far from a problem. Last year drafts and this years draft look to be home runs. Getting 4 years out of 2nd and 3rd round picks like Epensa, Harrison Phillips, and Singletary is really good too. 

The Knox deal still has time to work out. He was outstanding last year but then dealt with injuries again. Beane can’t predict that. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Beane is far from a problem. Last year drafts and this years draft look to be home runs. Getting 4 years out of 2nd and 3rd round picks like Epensa, Harrison Phillips, and Singletary is really good too. 

The Knox deal still has time to work out. He was outstanding last year but then dealt with injuries again. Beane can’t predict that. 

Beane has done well, not great, but good, I would say a B-. Let's not forget trades though. Traded for Diggs, great move, but J Jetta works of more than likely been the pick if no trade. We also traded away Teller and traded for Kelvin Benjamin. But we also got something for Cody Ford after that didn't work.

I still believe in Beene, and like his track record, but he has had enough misses to take notice.

4 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

Beane has done well, not great, but good, I would say a B-. Let's not forget trades though. Traded for Diggs, great move, but J Jetta works of more than likely been the pick if no trade. We also traded away Teller and traded for Kelvin Benjamin. But we also got something for Cody Ford after that didn't work.

I still believe in Beene, and like his track record, but he has had enough misses to take notice.

I think the Allen pick alone puts him in the A category. But that's splitting hairs lol.

I won't deny he has had misses. But that is also every GM ever. The Benjamin trade helped us make the playoffs in 2017 so it was worth it at the time IMO. My thought is simply saying that he is a problem because of his drafts and not McDermott as a coach is wrong. The team has been more than talented enough to win  SB since 2020 but mainly because of coaching it hasn't happened.

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think the Allen pick alone puts him in the A category. But that's splitting hairs lol.

I won't deny he has had misses. But that is also every GM ever. The Benjamin trade helped us make the playoffs in 2017 so it was worth it at the time IMO. My thought is simply saying that he is a problem because of his drafts and not McDermott as a coach is wrong. The team has been more than talented enough to win  SB since 2020 but mainly because of coaching it hasn't happened.

No argument here. I just know for myself I get rose-colored glasses when thinking of our drafting, JA, Oliver etc. That I do tend to forget about the misses because we have done so well since 2018.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

No argument here. I just know for myself I get rose-colored glasses when thinking of our drafting, JA, Oliver etc. That I do tend to forget about the misses because we have done so well since 2018.

I may be known as a  slight homer 😊

6 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Elam and Basham have been the only real “whiffs” on top picks. 

Rousseau has been good, Epenesa has developed into a very good piece. Last year he got Cook, Bernard, Shakir, and Benford lol. That’s a really good class for missing on the first round player.

Since he’s been here 

Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau, Elam, Kincaid in the first round. Seems pretty good to me.

He has a team of all in house guys outside of Diggs and now Douglas that has won 3 straight division titles, now has a chance for a 4th, and has been as talented as any other roster across the league. Idk I don’t get the Beane hate at all. When we as fans want and see a move needs to be made (ex. diggs, and Douglas this year). He makes them. Von didn’t work out, but we can’t count on injuries, he wrecked his knee again. He was really good for us before then. One year left on that deal thankfully.

With you on Knox though. He didn’t really deserve the contract that he got.

Edit: Poyer and Hyde were outside guys not homegrown as well.

I would certainly add Zack Moss and Cody Ford to that list as well and Epenesa has been a disappointment until this year. If we keep him long term (which I wouldn't oppose) considering Von Miller slow start from ACL and Leonard Floyd pending UFA

The Wyatt Teller deal stands out as a big blunder too. Im no longer in the clean house mind set with McBeane as they got us into the post season however the drafting needs to improve. So far so good with the 2023 class 

Edited by BillsGuy82