Wild card: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

Louis Friend

DC just stated to media that LaPorta will full practice today and they’ll see how he feels tomorrow when he wakes up. Someone asked if that means he’s going to suit up on Sunday and DC just smiled so wide 😎

Also said James Houston has fully practiced this week and looks so much better than last week. I think he gets Jacobs spot on the roster. Transactions will be tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Our secondary is shaky right now.  We are going to need our Safeties to play at a high level against Matthew Stafford.  They are going to have to stay disciplined on play-action passes and not get fooled by trying to read his eyes.  Those no-look passes were awesome when he played for the Lions but I don't want to see them succeed on Sunday.

11 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Houston, Jacobs, Mitchell and Raymond ruled out for Sunday. LaPorta listed as questionable. 

Thats no good.  Really was hoping to have Houston back.  Mitchell being out is even bigger for getting Laporta back.  I really dont want to depend on Brock Wright and Dan Skipper at TE. 

23 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats no good.  Really was hoping to have Houston back.  Mitchell being out is even bigger for getting Laporta back.  I really dont want to depend on Brock Wright and Dan Skipper at TE. 

Apparently, Mitchell has a hand injury. Should get Brock Wright back though. 

depth is key this time of year. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Come on man.  Give Dan Skipper his props.  It is Offensive Weapon (OW) Skipper.  Lol

• Like 2

The level of panic mongering in Detroit media is starting to piss me off.

Win or lose, the Lions are an ascending franchise, they were better this year than last year and they'll be better next year than they are now.

People are acting like if the Lions lose this game, they might as well board up the windows on Ford Field.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Win or lose, the Lions are an ascending franchise, they were better this year than last year and they'll be better next year than they are now.

People are acting like if the Lions lose this game, they might as well board up the windows on Ford Field.

It’s the SOL mindset. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

The people who make these takes are almost all too young to remember the last time Detroit hosted a playoff game, how else are they supposed to feel?

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Well the fact is they are the better seed but highly being considered underdog.

Detroit does not match up well in this game.

AG defense is going to be pushed 

I keep hearing Detroit doesn’t match up well, but I have yet to hear how the Rams will stop the Lions. 

19 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I heard this stat, the Rams are 2-6 against playoff teams.

They are. Their two wins are Cleveland and SF (Darnold vs Wentz showdown). They had a close loss to Baltimore in OT. 

Detroit was 3-3 against playoff teams. Their three wins were KC, GB and TB. They had a close loss in Dallas in Report-gate. 

Detroit and LA actually match up pretty evenly. They have similar strengths (skilled offenses) and weaknesses (pass defense). That’s why I find it amusing that everyone is picking apart how the Lions will defend the Rams but nobody is asking the reverse. 

Edited by Louis Friend

5 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Well the fact is they are the better seed but highly being considered underdog.

Detroit does not match up well in this game.

AG defense is going to be pushed 

Vegas thinks Detroit is favorite so they are not underdog.