Wild card: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

Louis Friend

14 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

On the other hand our OL has slowed down some other good pass rushes, especially at home

True. One of the things I liked in the last two games against the Vikings is the progress Goff made vs the blitz. Vikings blitz or drop 8 more than anybody in the NFL by a wide margin. It means the QB has to make a lot of quick decisions and I thought Goff excelled yesterday.

PFF GRADES FOR MATCHUPS

LIONS O VS RAMS D

• Pass: 84.3
  • Pass Block: 71.0 vs 76.8 Pass Rush
  • Receiving: 83.0 vs 50.0 Coverage
  • Run: 88.7
  • Run Block: 77.6 vs 71.5 Run Defense

RAMS O VS LIONS D

• Pass: 82.2
  • Pass Block: 62.6 vs 75.4 Pass Rush
  • Receiving: 75.2 vs 59.3 Coverage
  • Run: 90.2
  • Run Block: 71.2 vs 74.8 Run Defense

SPECIAL TEAMS

• Lions: 83.3
  • Rams: 64.1
  • Like 2

Dan Campbell stated today that Jamo & Brock will return to practice this week. Also, LaPortas injury will be days not weeks and a chance he plays Sunday. Also, DPJ could get more playing time if Kalif can’t go on Sunday. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Dan Campbell stated today that Jamo & Brock will return to practice this week. Also, LaPortas injury will be days not weeks and a chance he plays Sunday. Also, DPJ could get more playing time if Kalif can’t go on Sunday. 

DPJ quietly had a good game against the Vikings.  He is another player that could be getting into a groove at the right time.  I was listening to a podcast from one of the beat writers and they made a really good point:  When we traded TJ Hockenson, we had Brock Wright and James Mitchell as our #1 and #2 TEs.  Our offense was actually more productive than it was prior to the trade.  Ben Johnson will have to scheme up a more diverse attack.  

The good news is that Brock Wright is a solid possession receiver.  James Mitchell catches just about anything thrown his way.  His catch late in the game was pretty good considering Jared Goff's ball placement on that throw wasn't great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Hey guys, didn't have a chance to come in here yesterday and congratulate you for the win, and your entire season.

Way to go! Doormats no longer! Ride your lion as far as it takes you.

Appreciate you coming in with the goodwill. 

It'll be interesting to see what you guys do in the off-season, especially at QB. 

4 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Said he’s been practicing with a knee brace and it’s just a question of pain tolerance at this point. I think that unless he has a physical set back at practice, he’s playing on Sunday. Probably in a limited role, but he’ll be out there. 

23 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I saw Jerry Jacobs was put on IR and Houston has been fully practicing and is likely to take his roster spot.  Jacobs has had his issues but we are thin at CB but having Houston back will be great if we use him as a pass rusher instead of a LB. 

I would like to see him add some pass-rushing juice as well.  If he could be the reincarnation of Chad Greenway for one game that would be awesome.  That guy always had Stafford's number.