Signing Kaepernick, Another Veteran or Stick with Sudfeld as #2?

Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Phire said:

I feel like all that controversy is sort of gone now, though. It could re-ignite but would it really be worse than Vick?

It's gone because Kap isn't in the media or anywhere to have access too... but when he come back, all the stuff about him suing the NFL, and NFL meetings will all resurface at least for a few weeks. I'm, not sure if this team is strong enough right now to deal with it after losing Carson.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Sign Romo

Makes sense and easier to explain but if the narrative people are concerned about is "Starting Kap" over Foles banter. The Romo banter would absolutely be 10 fold!!! Unbelievable 24/7, He should start media! Don't think it would be that way with Kap.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Makes sense and easier to explain but if the narrative people are concerned about is "Starting Kap" over Foles banter. The Romo banter would absolutely be 10 fold!!! Unbelievable 24/7, He should start media! Don't think it would be that way with Kap.

Maybe. It depends on how bad Foles plays. But given the competition coming up, I don't see Nick struggling. In fact we'll probably expect too much. I don't think anybody is going to call for either Romo or Kaepernick to start right away when they've been on the team for 24 hours. It'd be different if they were on the roster all year. The team can always tell the media that they just aren't ready to play yet, and that's a damn good argument.

1 minute ago, Phire said:
3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe. It depends on how bad Foles plays. But given the competition coming up, I don't see Nick struggling. In fact we'll probably expect too much. I don't think anybody is going to call for either Romo or Kaepernick to start right away when they've been on the team for 24 hours. It'd be different if they were on the roster all year. The team can always tell the media that they just aren't ready to play yet, and that's a damn good argument.

Guess that's my point for doing it now, not post Nick Foles injury if it occurred. Asking one of them to potentially win a gm or two if needed after a month in the system, with the team rather then a week, is plausible to me. Not the other way around straight off the streets.

Just now, sunnygsm said:

I dunno. It would be a mess. If Foles can't sustain the offence, we are done anyway. 

This isn't really about Foles play but history of not staying healthy. Keeping Sudfeld from becoming the Starter in the Post Season. Neither Kap or Romo starts if he's Healthy IMO. 

Archived