Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

The new asst G M .. O K but why ? I never heard of the gentleman to be honest.

Not that. The part about Marty Hurney and Martin Mayhew staying on staff. They are a big part of why this roster is so terrible. I'd really feel better if they weren't here anymore.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95214yrb9i5vwcd3op283

"Trust the process"...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Not that. The part about Marty Hurney and Martin Mayhew staying on staff. They are a big part of why this roster is so terrible. I'd really feel better if they weren't here anymore.

"Trust the process"...

Coffee fetchers . don't sweat it . ! 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

"Trust the process"...

Apparently Harris & Rales like Hurney, possibly bc Hurney is from Wheaton & Harris is from Chevy Chase, they know each other from years ago?

I think Hurney has always been just an advisor, I don’t think he made a decisions when Ron was here - Ron had total control.

Peters & Mayhew know each other too & worked together in San Fran.

I don’t care that they are still in the front office. What matters is if Adam Peters gets to make the final decisions on who we sign & draft and from all indications that will be the case.

Our drafts actually got worse when Rivera brought in Mayhew. Who knows how much input Mayhew will actually have, but hopefully not a lot and I don't like him. I got the ick when he went out to the Media and vehemently defended the Jahan Dotson/Phidarian Mathis draft picks and just thinking to myself that this guy doesn't have a clue. His track record was not great with the Lions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Nicki Jhabvala 

Few other Commanders staff updates: Rob Rogers is staying as SVP of football administration, Shane Toub is staying as offensive quality control 

Football administration doesn’t have much to do with the front office/scouting work.  That’s not a big deal.  Don’t know much about Shane Toub, other than his father is an extremely well-respected Special Teams coordinator, and Shane has experience on both the offensive and defensive side of the football. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

"Trust the process"...

Yes, but were they the actual person with the decision-making power?  

That rested solely with Ron Rivera.  Doesn’t matter what titles they had or didn’t have.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:05 PM, e16bball said:

I was intrigued to see Jason Wright pretty much front and center in the “Quinn arriving at the complex” video they posted on the socials. 

Seems like they bypassed him on all the big interviews — and looped in a bunch of real randos — but somehow he’s still an entity there. 

He was strictly hired on the business side.  If he were involved in that process, people would have their pitchforks in hand as to why.  

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 12:33 AM, offbyone said:

I have been patiently awaiting a house cleaning, but it seems they want to keep the stench of the last regime.  

The NFL basically forced Jason Wright onto Snyder during his whole “suspension” deal.  Wright did not hide from people off the record that he had only met Snyder a handful of times.  A friend of mine who was an usher and multiple other STH who interacted with Wright before games at tailgates have all said the same thing.  Plus…….he has nothing to do with football.  So there is no timetable for the Harris group to really replace him, and at least from my perspective as a STH, the team has done a 180 turn under his watch in a good way.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Pro Personnel is basically filling out the back quarter of the roster and bringing in “off the street” free agents during the season.  It is literally the same job that he did in San Francisco when Peters was the AGM.  Keeping Mayhew on is a giant nothingburger in this role.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Nicki Jhabvala 

Few other Commanders staff updates: Rob Rogers is staying as SVP of football administration, Shane Toub is staying as offensive quality control 

I have no issue with it, Rob Rogers is just a cap guy.

5 hours ago, taylor made said:

Our drafts actually got worse when Rivera brought in Mayhew. Who knows how much input Mayhew will actually have, but hopefully not a lot and I don't like him. I got the ick when he went out to the Media and vehemently defended the Jahan Dotson/Phidarian Mathis draft picks and just thinking to myself that this guy doesn't have a clue. His track record was not great with the Lions.

That’s bc Ron got rid of Kyle Smith. Also, Mayhew wasn’t making the final decisions, Ron was. 

Mayhew is working under Adam Peters. It’s basically what he did for Rivera but the difference is that Peters will be making the final decision on player acquisition and roster building, not Ron Rivera.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s bc Ron got rid of Kyle Smith. Also, Mayhew wasn’t making the final decisions, Ron was. 

Mayhew is working under Adam Peters. It’s basically what he did for Rivera but the difference is that Peters will be making the final decision on player acquisition and roster building, not Ron Rivera.

Was there anything that actually said Ron fired Kyle? I don’t remember that. I just remember him leaving for a “promotion”. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Was there anything that actually said Ron fired Kyle? I don’t remember that. I just remember him leaving for a “promotion”. 

From what I just gathered via a Google search, it seems that he took a lateral move to Atlanta, but with the team going with Mayhew in the front office to be the mouthpiece for Rivera, that is was just “moving on.”  So basically, someone who did a job well enough but didnt get a promotion was given the go-ahead to pursue other opportunities.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

From what I just gathered via a Google search, it seems that he took a lateral move to Atlanta, but with the team going with Mayhew in the front office to be the mouthpiece for Rivera, that is was just “moving on.”  So basically, someone who did a job well enough but didnt get a promotion was given the go-ahead to pursue other opportunities.  

Thats more or less how I remember it