Wild Card GDT: Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

MaddHatter

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

I think, or thought, Romo's was collar bone related.

Probably was I just can’t remember.  I know we had a player who kept separating his shoulder and ultimately had to have surgery to fix it.  

on to the game though.   I really hate waiting. And it frustrating to sit and worry about GB and rightfully so.  then glance at the last few weeks of games the teams have played.  Oh GB barely hung on to beat Carolina and oh lost to the Giants….    Sigh.    

Just now, MaddHatter said:

GDg1UhQXYAAGuVe?format=jpg&name=large

Other than Hankins, all the DNP’s are for rest.  We need Hankins to slow down Jones and Co. but haven’t heard anything good that suggests he may return in time.  

I think we are in for a barn burner - 5-6 lead changes, 60+ points combined, and hopefully an Aubrey FG at the end to win it. This Packers team will be dangerous

9 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Other than Hankins, all the DNP’s are for rest.  We need Hankins to slow down Jones and Co. but haven’t heard anything good that suggests he may return in time.  

I think we are in for a barn burner - 5-6 lead changes, 60+ points combined, and hopefully an Aubrey FG at the end to win it. This Packers team will be dangerous

Hankins played last week so I’m guessing he’s good to go, just a maintenance day.

10 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Maybe close for a half, I see Cowboys pulling away in the 3rd , if not 2nd qtr. Put this game away early and get ready for the 2nd round 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, D82 said:

I watch this game in El Paso, and of all the places , it was a dang Packers bar 🤦‍♂️ ( my friend was a packer fan who picked spot) . Anyhow , a good time was had and some of the nicest fans I ever met from an opposing team 

On the Packer side of the injury report Watson and Dillon the most likely not to play, and they may.  Everyone else good to go.

If GB has a good day running the ball they have a chance to win.  If they can't run it I see little chance.  It will be very interesting to see how our DC (Barry) calls the game.  That is our potential greatest weak link.

If GB loses I will be cheering on MM and the Cowboys to win it all.  Partially so it's difficult for Jones to fire MM!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Matt LaFleur said Jaire Alexander had “kind of a freak deal yesterday … stepped on someone’s foot and rolled an ankle.”

Yesterday was a jog-through. 

LaFleur said he’s considered day to day and they thought it was best if he didn’t go today.

https://x.com/robdemovsky/status/1745536935936839697?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

Feel like this is one of those rests to heal but no chance he doesn’t play.  Whether it hinders him in covering Lamb or not is another story, but I imagine a little shot and a pill or two pre-game will have him good to go

Is it game time yet……

just a couple tidbits as I research…   
Dak and Love both middle of pac on pocket time at 2.4 sec   (Lamar and Purdy at the top of list not unexpected as teams have to stop run first with these teams)
Dak leads all NFL on on target perc  82.7. Love is 10th 76.4. which is respectable.  Bad throws Dak is at 11.7% basically top (leader is not a regular starter Dak second). Love near bottom at 17.5   Not sure how that all works all stats from PFF.  Mostly wanted to see how long Love was in the pocket to get an idea if our pash rush should get home   The fact that he seems to throw quick to which might be a issue. I do have faith our top three CB’s can handle things okay on a quick passing game.  It is only on long developing plays that we run in to busted coverage problems in a regular basis.  It seems our OL is slightly better at protection (scary thought) as Dak faces pressure 17% to 18.8 for Love.
I hope Ferguson has a good game Dak just missed him a couple times deep in the Det game but he was heavy covered both times.  He should be more open against GB. We ran the ball fairly well against Wash and GB gives up 4.4 to wash 4.5 so we should manage okay.  For the record we are at 4.2!!!    It is all about perception !!!  I was happy with run D against Detroit and Miami.  GB has a middle road run O at 4.3. (Det 4.6 Wash 4.4). So I have faith our run D will not get trashed like they did against Sf and Buffalo but don’t know what type of run game GB has.  Are they a power run game or more speed oriented like Miami which we can handle better.  The power sweep type runs kill us.  

of course all of the above is mostly meaningless as it will be mistakes or lack there of by our O and D that will decide things.