NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

4 minutes ago, Soko said:

Anotha one

Calls go both ways. Be salty or don’t (you haven’t been from what I’ve seen). Don’t wish 30 years of drought on a team just because you didn’t get your way this time around.

I'd advise not acknowledging people complaining that the refs cost any team a game. Largely it's BS. 

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Puka Nacua against the Lions tonight: 9/10 receptions, 181 yards, 20.1 yards per catch, 1 TD 

Broke the record for most receiving yards for a rookie in the playoffs

PUKATRON 

The thing I didn't realize about Puka previously was his toughness with the ball. It's not just the yac, it's his incredible strength and refusal to go down. He's so strong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'd advise not acknowledging people complaining that the refs cost any team a game. Largely it's BS. 

Shrug. Sometimes it’s valid. This one, not so much. But fair point.

Yea getting to the 10 yard line three times and kicking three FGs is why we lost here, period.

We had more scoring drives, more yards, more yards per play, neither team turned it over - we played better between the 10s but Detroit was better inside the 10 and that's why we lost

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The thing I didn't realize about Puka previously was his toughness with the ball. It's not just the yac, it's his incredible strength and refusal to go down. He's so strong.

You don't really realize until you watch a lot of him just how big he is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soko said:

Nope.  Saints fans got told for years that it's not the Refs fault.  Suck it up, you had chances to win, you didn't capitalize.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yea getting to the 10 yard line three times and kicking three FGs is why we lost here, period.

We had more scoring drives, more yards, more yards per play, neither team turned it over - we played better between the 10s but Detroit was better inside the 10 and that's why we lost

That and godawful time out usage

5 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Those Pacific Islanders don't play. He's physical as hell. I just hope he can stay healthy and have a long career.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Soko said:

I don't ever think it's valid - always plays that could have been made.

Having said that though - I don't think Havenstein held Hutchison and that grab on Puka was missed, the DPI earlier in the game and the missed RTP - compared to the missed offsides - seems to be skewed a decent amount in Detroits favor. So if it is sometimes valid, I'd say this one was. Ironically for the no call, it was just one missed call that still allowed the Saints to take a lead.

Id trade the officiating the Saints got in that game for what the Rams got in this one any day of the week.

But IMO it's never valid. We should have won tonight but didn't because the offense was garbage inside the 10 yard line

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Nope.  Saints fans got told for years that it's not the Refs fault.  Suck it up, you had chances to win, you didn't capitalize.

And Rams fans who didn't like that official before the game even started were told to not leave it up to the refs to win a game. And we watched missed calls all game. It's over damnit why am I even responding to this garbage from that game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Did those years start before or after the NFL apologized to the Vikings for the NFCCG in 2010...?

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

Having said that though - I don't think Havenstein held Hutchison and that grab on Puka was missed, the DPI earlier in the game and the missed RTP - compared to the missed offsides - seems to be skewed a decent amount in Detroits favor. So if it is sometimes valid, I'd say this one was. Ironically for the no call, it was just one missed call that still allowed the Saints to take a lead.

Id trade the officiating the Saints got in that game for what the Rams got in this one any day of the week.

But IMO it's never valid. We should have won tonight but didn't because the offense was garbage inside the 10 yard line

The mantra Lions fans have to tell themselves every year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

Agree to disagree. The referees change the outcomes of games all the time. Sometimes it’s “in the middle” enough that the outcome perhaps doesn’t change, such is the case tonight IMO, but that’s not always the case. Officials are indeed bad enough to cost teams games. Agree to disagree.

• Like 1