Wink leaves Giants. DC search thread

Acgott

32 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Titans and Packers are both interviewing Dennard Wilson today, so that’s not looking good.

I'm wondering if any of these interviews matter at all if Mike MacDonald leaves for the Seattle job. Would Dennard Wilson rather

1 take a relatively unfamiliar DC job with the Titans, Packers, Giants, or Rams, or

2 follow Mike MacDonald to Seattle and be his DC there or

3 step up to become the DC in Baltimore

There's no guarantee that he'd be offered those opportunities, but with him being in such high demand, I see them being presented for sure. I think 2 or 3 are much more likely than any team in 1.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm wondering if any of these interviews matter at all if Mike MacDonald leaves for the Seattle job. Would Dennard Wilson rather

1 take a relatively unfamiliar DC job with the Titans, Packers, Giants, or Rams, or

2 follow Mike MacDonald to Seattle and be his DC there or

3 step up to become the DC in Baltimore

There's no guarantee that he'd be offered those opportunities, but with him being in such high demand, I see them being presented for sure. I think 2 or 3 are much more likely than any team in 1.

It’s definitely a thought, but he has only been with the Ravens for one year, so he doesn’t have much of a connection with them or Mac. He was with the Eagles for two years before that, so maybe he knew Brandon Brown lol.

28 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Is it at all possible that Vrabel ends up as the DC? There's only one other HC job available. He overlapped with Daboll in NE as a player. 

Highly unlikely from all reports out there. 

46 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Is it at all possible that Vrabel ends up as the DC? There's only one other HC job available. He overlapped with Daboll in NE as a player. 

I doubt it, but I'm also not sure that's something we even want. He wasn't a good DC in Houston the 1 year he was there. He's one of those guys that is a much better HC than coordinator.

I think this all leads back to Henderson being our DC. Either that, or we decide to wait on that KC LBs coach, or we hire Bowen now that he has shaken free from Tennessee.

I see a lot of people freaking out about Wilson going to Tennessee, but I don't see the need for that in the slightest. From a fan perspective, with what we can know, he's basically a younger, less experienced Jerome Henderson who has a few years of experience under Mike Macdonald. If we do hire Henderson, the worst part about that would be having to replace him with a new DBs coach, who undoubtedly would be a downgrade.