Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

someone posted about Dallas having the 3rd worst strength of victory among the playoff field. 

you didn't like that commentary as it didn't highlight your view of your team and wanted to discuss the point differential

I posted the the point differential for dallas vs both teams that finished with winning records and those with non winning records.  I went too far in thinking that you would get the games in chronological order, that was an error on my part for thinking you would get that piece

you claim you don't really know what the numbers mean, yet still feel like moving the goalposts to add a mess of how Dallas faired in specific games which ironically leads back to the Strength of victory point that was originally made

here is the game correlation for you

your entire point and post is that you want the fans of your team's opponent to talk very highly of your team and take issue with any negative comment.  it is tiresome that you feel the need to play the martyr

You continue to misunderstand everything. You went far out of your way to cut and paste specific quotes into the thread, but for some reason you continue to avoid any and all points that I have actually made. Again, I have already spoken about strength of schedule, and I have already made the counterpoint to your splits that you posted. You simply continue to ignore it and dodge around by posting random irrelevant quotes to change the conversation flow and make it look like you’re addressing something. 

Again, my points are still sitting back there.. totally 100% unaddressed by you. Do you really need me to copy and paste to get you back on track? 

You’re also totally assuming that I’m here looking for high praise — I’m not here looking for high praise. I don’t care whether you think super highly of my team or not. I’m simply debunking an effort to discredit, and it has everything to do with the matchup. 

11 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Reasonable visitor to the forum gets reasonable response. 

I mean, this is exactly the problem. The measurement for what is and is not reasonable in this forum is clearly tied to how pro Dallas the sentiments seem to be. I shouldn’t have to sell out on my opinion and support of my team to merit a “reasonable response”. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

13 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

You will get plenty of replies if gb beats dallas this week to remind you that your points are nonsense. Iirc you have had a penchant for nonsense in the past. It is truly hard to account for how hot the packers are and how banged up the cowboys OL is by looking at wins and losses across the season.

if dallas wins, oh well. We were playing with house money and we remember when sf embarassed dallas this year. 

Exactly which point has been nonsensical? Why do you feel that it is nonsensical? Why is it so much to ask that I get any elaboration lol. I’m genuinely not even sure at this point if I’ve even given any outright prediction of how this game will go.

6 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean, this is exactly the problem. The measurement for what is and is not reasonable in this forum is clearly tied to how pro Dallas the sentiments seem to be. I shouldn’t have to sell out on my opinion and support of my team to merit a “reasonable response”. 

He said both teams are going to hang 30 and it will be a tight game. Have pepto ready. He listed actual weaknesses of dallas' squad.

Not goofy stats that are meaningless. Goofy stats get goofy replies.  

Things are a bit more rigorous around here. 

Edited by HokieHigh

7 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Exactly which point has been nonsensical? Why do you feel that it is nonsensical? Why is it so much to ask that I get any elaboration lol. I’m genuinely not even sure at this point if I’ve even given any outright prediction of how this game will go.

It is nonsense to throw out the 49ers and bills games because you dont like the outcome. If anything dallas is worse now than at that time of the season. 

Nearly 10 pages have been polluted with this garbage bickering. 

Edited by HokieHigh

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

He said both teams are going to hang 30 and it will be a tight game. Have pepto ready. He listed actual weaknesses of dallas' squad.

Not goofy stats that are meaningless. Goofy stats get goofy replies.  

Things are a bit more rigorous around here. 

What “goofy” stats are referring to? You’re really just doubling down here. There isn’t anything inherently unreasonable about me offering a pro Dallas point. I shouldn’t have to come in here looking to appease you by degrading my own team before offering my two cents on a point. Not saying MH was doing that, but I’m not going to go out of my way to say something I don’t believe just to make your green and gold pride happy. 

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

What “goofy” stats are referring to? You’re really just doubling down here. There isn’t anything inherently unreasonable about me offering a pro Dallas point. I shouldn’t have to come in here looking to appease you by degrading my own team before offering my two cents on a point. Not saying MH was doing that, but I’m not going to go out of my way to say something I don’t believe just to make your green and gold pride happy. 

It is goofy statistics to throw out data you dont like. 

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

It is nonsense to throw out the 49ers and bills games because you dont like the outcome. If anything dallas is worse now than at that time of the season. 

Nearly 10 pages have been polluted with this garbage bickering. 

I never threw those games out.. at all. I simply stated their impact on the point totals. Those two games obviously were lopsided scores, and this carries a lot of weight when tallying up point totals. You shouldn’t just generalize two games and then act like that’s how Dallas should expect to fare against a team with a winning record. The team overall went 12-5. Pretty much every team in the league this season had moments of adversity.. being dismissive of Dallas because of theirs isn’t particularly fair. Especially when we’re talking about a matchup with a 9-8 Packers team that had plenty of those moments. 

6 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’m not looking for endless praise, nor have I ever been about that. I’m looking for rational takes. If I see a stupid take consisting of obvious double standards I’m going to feel free to offer my two cents. Obviously you people haven’t been able to handle that two cents. I know 9-8 in a weak division was probably tough for you, but chill out. My posts are less about praising Dallas and more so about defending them against nonsense. Just looking for a fair take and I came in with entirely reasonable football discussion.. don’t get too upset about it. At least save that for Sunday.

God .. if there was ever a reason to beat the Dallas Cowboys ... it's this guy.

• Like 5

On Thanksgiving Jordan Love had to sit and watch the Cowboys pop out their hidden turkey while they flaunted those juicy turkey legs all over the field on national television when he was snubbed and never got his. 

This week, he gets his revenge. The Cowboys may have got their turkey, but Jordan will get the last laugh. 

56 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

God .. if there was ever a reason to beat the Dallas Cowboys ... it's this guy.

For having a simple comment about the Cowboys’ strength of schedule and then having to deal with a bunch of Packers fans foaming at the mouth over it? Again, I never came to this sub to say anything bad about your team. Never came here to give a glowing review of my own team. I only made comments that I feel were against an irrational critique, and of course my notifications blew up with personal insults simply because I posted something that was more pro-Cowboys than you cared for. 

What exactly are we arguing about. I tried reading it , but it seemed to be about point differential and really lost my attention. 

I just don’t see how beating NYG/NYJ/Wash/NE/Car 273-43 a strong indicator of how good a team is lol. 

Dallas is the favorite to win the game, but nobody should be surprised if GB wins. 

• Like 1